Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Season Discussion: Please Post in New Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 129, 130, 131  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris00cm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
I would love me some Vontae Leach
It wouldn't surprise me if no fullback was signed this off season. It seems pretty clear the Rams will mainly use one back running formations.

If he was smart, he'd go back to Houston.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if no fullback was signed this off season. It seems pretty clear the Rams will mainly use one back running formations.

I think we could see a lot of Kendricks or Cook filling the role when we need a blocker. Kendricks did a good job last year. I know Cook doesn't excel at blocking but I feel like we will see him come out of the backfield - maybe about as much as Tavon.

Schotty seemed to like to use a lot of motions lining guys up and then moving them around. I agree we will probably mostly be running from a one back set.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhicks11 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

I think we could see a lot of Kendricks or Cook filling the role when we need a blocker. Kendricks did a good job last year. I know Cook doesn't excel at blocking but I feel like we will see him come out of the backfield - maybe about as much as Tavon.

Schotty seemed to like to use a lot of motions lining guys up and then moving them around. I agree we will probably mostly be running from a one back set.
I sure hope they don't put Cook there. That seems like something the coaches in Tennessee would have done when he was underutilized/utilized wrong. The guy is a receiver. Nothing else.

ajhicks11

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
ajhicks11 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

I sure hope they don't put Cook there. That seems like something the coaches in Tennessee would have done when he was underutilized/utilized wrong. The guy is a receiver. Nothing else.

I completely agree. He is a receiver and that is what his purpose will be, but we will see him line up in blocking positions. It will be a very little amount and some of the times he will start there and motion into the slot.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LB Chris Gocong coming in for a visit tmw

Per Adam Schefter
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:

Per Adam Schefter

Also Will Witherspoon, Abrahm Elam, and Matt Giordano

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
chris00cm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:

Per Adam Schefter
He's not alone. Abe Elam, Matt Giordano, and Will Witherspoon are also visiting. Wouldbe nice to see Spoon back

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Per Adam Schefter
He's not alone. Abe Elam, Matt Giordano, and Will Witherspoon are also visiting. Wouldbe nice to see Spoon back

I would love if we signed Giordano. He's my buddies cousin. Also Spoony would be awesome as well.
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Per Adam Schefter

Just posted the same thing a few minutes ago. It's looking like they want a safety and a linebacker who has alot of experience. They are all at least 30 I think. Except for gocong who is 29. I don't think Spoon has much left in the tank

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
iRaMs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamForLife81-39 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Per Adam Schefter

Just posted the same thing a few minutes ago. It's looking like they want a safety and a linebacker who has alot of experience. They are all at least 30 I think. Except for gocong who is 29. I don't think Spoon has much left in the tank

I think spoon would be a good depth signing. His leadership and knowledge alone would make the signing worthy. Plus, as I stated above it would be purely a depth move.

BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always been a fan of Spoon and it would be nice to see him back. I wouldn't expect him to get significant playing time but I do like the guy and his experience would definitely help a guy like Ogeltree. (plus I still have his jersey and it would make it no longer irrelevant.) Would also like us to bring in Spikes; I've always been a fan of his and he'd bring a great sense of leadership and experience to help the younger guys as well. Plus I feel like he could still be a great run stuffer.

Between the two, I feel like Spoon would be the more popular choice due to having that former connection but realistically I think Spikes would be the better option for what were looking for

^El Ramster^
chris00cm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Per Adam Schefter

I would love if we signed Giordano. He's my buddies cousin. Also Spoony would be awesome as well.
You must be spewing out love right now! Laughing

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Per Adam Schefter

You must be spewing out love right now! Laughing

I am very much so Wink

Plus hes a really good deep zone safety
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Second-year WR Brian Quick ended OTAs as the Rams' No. 4 receiver, behind Tavon Austin, Chris Givens, and Austin Pettis.
Pettis spent the spring as the starting X receiver. Givens is the Z, and Austin will start in the slot. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch insists Quick's offseason was not necessarily a disappointment, "it's just that Pettis has been that impressive." Assured OC Brian Schottenheimer, "(Quick’s) doing a lot better. He’s stepped up this year. He’s just much more comfortable." Quick is competing directly with Pettis, who is an underwhelming possession receiver despite his big spring. The battle at X receiver will rage on into August.

St. Louis Dispatch
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Quote:
Second-year WR Brian Quick ended OTAs as the Rams' No. 4 receiver, behind Tavon Austin, Chris Givens, and Austin Pettis.
Pettis spent the spring as the starting X receiver. Givens is the Z, and Austin will start in the slot. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch insists Quick's offseason was not necessarily a disappointment, "it's just that Pettis has been that impressive." Assured OC Brian Schottenheimer, "(Quick’s) doing a lot better. He’s stepped up this year. He’s just much more comfortable." Quick is competing directly with Pettis, who is an underwhelming possession receiver despite his big spring. The battle at X receiver will rage on into August.

St. Louis Dispatch

That's disappointing to hear. I still think that when the pads go on Quick will distinguish himself from Pettis.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 129, 130, 131  Next
Page 17 of 131

Jump to: