Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Season Discussion: Please Post in New Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 129, 130, 131  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope we see jones play.. ill be really happy

also, shouldnt we start a new general thread?? we are at 110 pages lol

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you getting your hopes up that Barrett Jones will fill in for Scott Wells, don't get your hopes up. Barnes is going to replace him. That being said, I would prefer to throw Jones in there and see what he can do. The guy was a borderline first round talent coming into last years draft before his injury concern

^El Ramster^
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:
For those of you getting your hopes up that Barrett Jones will fill in for Scott Wells, don't get your hopes up. Barnes is going to replace him. That being said, I would prefer to throw Jones in there and see what he can do. The guy was a borderline first round talent coming into last years draft before his injury concern
Im really wondering whats the deal with his foot, or if something else is going on. Because with all the OL shuffling (especially now if Saffold has to play LT) that we would have atleast seen Jones active for some of these games.
Jonezy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:
Im really wondering whats the deal with his foot, or if something else is going on. Because with all the OL shuffling (especially now if Saffold has to play LT) that we would have atleast seen Jones active for some of these games.

Im guessing he just isn't ready fro the NFL game yet.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:

Jones hasn't seen much playing time in the last little while, so it would make sense that he isn't game ready. The center position must be upgraded in the off-season.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
iRaMs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:

How though? From what I have seen it looks like a pretty weak free agent and draft class for the center position.

I'm hopeful that Tim Barnes shows he could possibly be a viable starter. From what I remember he didn't due too bad against San Francisco.

Jones hasn't seen much playing time in the last little while, so it would make sense that he isn't game ready. The center position must be upgraded in the off-season.

The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRaMs wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:

How though? From what I have seen it looks like a pretty weak free agent and draft class for the center position.

I'm hopeful that Tim Barnes shows he could possibly be a viable starter. From what I remember he didn't due too bad against San Francisco.

The way you replied made it look like my quote included your reply....weird.

To answer you, I would say bringing in competition would be a good start. As for specific prospects, I'm still doing my homework.

iRaMs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ for some reason my phone wouldn't let me correct it at all.

StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:

But if his issue is NFL game reediness, the only way to correct that is get him some game experience. Its Chicken & Egg...

If that is the problem though, why hasnt he seen some time a guard? The fact that he hasnt even been active makes be believe something is still wrong wit his foot
Halradio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well considering the Rams are going to have to acquire at least one lineman of some flavor in the off-season you would think they would be taking a look at all the guys on the roster.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:

But if his issue is NFL game reediness, the only way to correct that is get him some game experience. Its Chicken & Egg...

If that is the problem though, why hasnt he seen some time a guard? The fact that he hasnt even been active makes be believe something is still wrong wit his foot

I don't think his situation is like Quick's though. Jones doesn't/won't have playbook problems, I personally think this is like a redshirt year for him. He was injured all preseason and wasn't able to supplant anyone on the depth chart. One off-season of NFL conditioning and workouts will really help him get stronger too. Dude is as smart as they come for NFL centers.

I expect him to compete in training camp next year for a starting job.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:

You're right about the chicken/egg playing time issue. Would you have put him at LG at some point? I guess he's not in game shape, not a mental readiness thing.

The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Darnell Dockett tried to stomp on Chris William's hand at the end of a play yesterday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/darnell-dockett-dirty-move-stepping-rams-lineman-hand-014850090--nfl.html?vp=1

Also, the Honey Badger is out for the year. If Dockett receives a suspension, this is a huge blow to a team that still has playoff hopes.

kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Thomas overview on Alec Ogletree's rookie year thus far...

Quote:
In each of his four previous NFL seasons, middle linebacker James Laurinaitis has led the Rams in tackles. But Laurinaitis is getting a run for his money this season from rookie outside linebacker Alec Ogletree.
After recording 12 tackles against Arizona, matching his second-highest total of the season, Ogletree has 121 tackles on the season. That puts him a single stop ahead of Laurinaitis, who has 120 tackles, with only three games remaining.

Those numbers are according to coaches’ review of game film.

Ogletree also recorded his first NFL sack, and the Rams’ only sack of the day, against the Cardinals. For the most part the first round pick from Georgia — No. 30 overall — has played to form as a rookie.

He has come up with the occasional “splash” play, as evidenced by his four forced fumbles and his 98-yard yard interception return for a score (vs. Houston). He has trouble consistently shedding blockers in the run game, but seems to be doing better there. And in the open field, he can run down plays with the best of them, and has shown himself to be a reliable tackler.

“Each week he does something that surprises you,” coach Jeff Fisher said. “You say, ‘wow’ on a positive side. ... Yeah, he’s making a lot of plays.”

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/ogletree-leading-rams-in-tackles/article_356b88cf-2126-5466-b286-1d40201df851.html

TommyC376 on the sig...
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Jim Thomas overview on Alec Ogletree's rookie year thus far...

Quote:
In each of his four previous NFL seasons, middle linebacker James Laurinaitis has led the Rams in tackles. But Laurinaitis is getting a run for his money this season from rookie outside linebacker Alec Ogletree.
After recording 12 tackles against Arizona, matching his second-highest total of the season, Ogletree has 121 tackles on the season. That puts him a single stop ahead of Laurinaitis, who has 120 tackles, with only three games remaining.

Those numbers are according to coaches’ review of game film.

Ogletree also recorded his first NFL sack, and the Rams’ only sack of the day, against the Cardinals. For the most part the first round pick from Georgia — No. 30 overall — has played to form as a rookie.

He has come up with the occasional “splash” play, as evidenced by his four forced fumbles and his 98-yard yard interception return for a score (vs. Houston). He has trouble consistently shedding blockers in the run game, but seems to be doing better there. And in the open field, he can run down plays with the best of them, and has shown himself to be a reliable tackler.

“Each week he does something that surprises you,” coach Jeff Fisher said. “You say, ‘wow’ on a positive side. ... Yeah, he’s making a lot of plays.”

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/ogletree-leading-rams-in-tackles/article_356b88cf-2126-5466-b286-1d40201df851.html

Ogletree hasn't been great, but he's played solid for a roookie, IMO. I wish that someone tracked the following stat for LBs, as I think it would be more telling that the traditional statistics:

-Tackles on run plays within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage

-Tackles on targeted passes (How many times did he succeed in coverage?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 129, 130, 131  Next
Page 111 of 131

Jump to: