Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Season Discussion: Please Post in New Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 129, 130, 131  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
I know it's early but I'm sure somebody knows around here. Is there any big FS looking good for next years draft?

So far away to tell but there is no blue chip can't miss at the position next year it seems. The safety from Alabama, Clinton-Dix, has to be highly rated going into next college season. Led Alabama in interceptions and played real well against Notre Dame but then again what Crimson Tide player didn't?
He is someone to watch this year.

There is also the safety, Barnett, from Ohio State.
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would guys think of throwing a JL55 - Ogre Tree - Dunbar on the field?

I am saying put both JL and Dunbar on the outside and have Tree in the middle for his speed side to side. Let the other two set the edge. I am not thinking this would work very often at all.

I am just curious about if you think that would work against those option Qb's. But above all what matters against those teams is the players staying to their assignment and taking all the space away.

Pick 2 and 13
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhicks11 wrote:

I am saying put both JL and Dunbar on the outside and have Tree in the middle for his speed side to side. Let the other two set the edge. I am not thinking this would work very often at all.

I am just curious about if you think that would work against those option Qb's. But above all what matters against those teams is the players staying to their assignment and taking all the space away.

Only way Laurinaitis is not at MLB is if he is hurt and can't play. We played the option Quarterbacks pretty well last year, adding Ogletree at WLB will only help more.
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
ajhicks11 wrote:

Only way Laurinaitis is not at MLB is if he is hurt and can't play. We played the option Quarterbacks pretty well last year, adding Ogletree at WLB will only help more.

I really agree with that. I feel like our defense is best with JL at the middle. I was just wondering if anyone thought throwing a look every once in a while with Tree in the middle might help confuse those option guys. If everyone sets there position and plays smart the option becomes much less of an option. I do however love a "Tree Shadow" - Pun intended.

Pick 2 and 13
catcheryea

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
I know it's early but I'm sure somebody knows around here. Is there any big FS looking good for next years draft?

He's not huge (6'1" 210) but Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix is probably the top FS prospect for right now. Obviously it's early but I've seen some mocks where he goes mid-late 1st round. Hopefully the Skins finish mid pack at the best and we can scoop him up.
Jonezy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we play Seattle and San Fran, I'll guess 90% of plays that Tree willbe on the field, he will be containing the QB, think of it as he is the bodyguard to RW3 & CK7, he's just aloud to knock them out Very Happy

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
When we play Seattle and San Fran, I'll guess 90% of plays that Tree willbe on the field, he will be containing the QB, think of it as he is the bodyguard to RW3 & CK7, he's just aloud to knock them out Very Happy

If I am not mistaken when we played those 2 teams we had 3 linebackers on the field more than most other games during the season. Getting Ogletree improved both OLB positions in my opinion just as adding Jake Long improved both OT spots.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone see that WR Justin Blackmon got a four game suspension today for violating the substance abuse policy? Unfortunately, he'll be returning the week we play them...

TommyC376 on the sig...
LGB-Let's Go Blues!!!
Hoj398

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Anyone see that WR Justin Blackmon got a four game suspension today for violating the substance abuse policy? Unfortunately, he'll be returning the week we play them...

wont cause much damage with Gabby throwing him the ball
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:

Just glad they jumped up in front of us to get him or else it would most likely have been us dealing with the headache for a player that isnt even close to worth it IMO

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Greg Robinson
3. Mike Evans
Jonezy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:

not worried, he probably won't be in full game shape

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
chris00cm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more reason to be thankful for the Jaguars trading up.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
iRaMs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
One more reason to be thankful for the Jaguars trading up.

Agreed. We do not need that our team.

ajhicks11

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That whole idea of Ray Ray playing linebacker kind of intrigues me. It makes me think that Fish is trying to be proactive against this option QB gig. Get some powerful and athletic guys in there that are really going to cause disruption in that game plan. Not too mention adding T.J. on the backside.

Are we going to be running the same defense this year? Or is our new DC going to mix some new stuff in? If you think he is, what do you think he mixes in?

Also from my knowledge he is a defensive back guy. How does he change out secondary? Does he add a dimension that we didn't have before? Could he mold T.J. into something of really unique ability?

I think our defense will be similar, but that our secondary will be playing quite a bit differently. There was so much off man zone last year, it was heart wrenching. Although I see us throwing that look out there, I think we will see some more press and some more opportunities for our playmakers on D - JJ, Tree, Finn, and our Dline. I'm really liking the idea of Tree spying the QB.

Pick 2 and 13
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:

wont cause much damage with Gabby throwing him the ball

Gabbys going to be on the ground too much to be doing much throwing.

St.Louis Rams D-Coordinator FFMD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 129, 130, 131  Next
Page 2 of 131

Jump to: