Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KJ's Final 7 Rounder
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sodakcowboy78

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unbelievable haul for Dallas...hope JJ and JG are checking out these mocks over here and came across yours...the only thing i might look at differently is a TE or WR in round 6 over a LB...otherwise.. spank me hard Batman...really good picks for the Boys

Peace
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't hate it for the Titans, however you ignore one of our biggest needs in DE and give us 2 TEs. I would rework most of the picks, I give you credit for doing a 7 round mock.

Props to Kempes ^
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
KJtheWicked wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
Atlanta:
30. Atlanta - Tank Carradine, DE, Florida St.
60. Atlanta - Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
92. Atlanta - Zaviar Gooden, OLB, Missouri
133. Atlanta(comp) - Brandon McGee, CB, Miami(fl)
163. Atlanta - Aaron Mellotte, WR, Elon
198. Atlanta - Lawrence Okoye, DT, England
236. Atlanta - Marc Anthony, CB, California
243. Atlanta(comp) - Earl Wolff, SS, NC St.
244. Atlanta(comp) - Josh Kline, OG, Kent St.
249. Atlanta(comp) - Steve Beauhamais, ILB, Rutgers

So i see you went with the Quantity over Quality aspect for Cb for the Falcons. 1st time i seen someone tackle it like that. Not sure how i want to react to it yet.

I personally think i would have taken Darius Slay in the 2nd round over Ertz then grab a TE in the 4th probably as thats a more pressing need for sure than TE while still grabbing the other Cb's you took.

Okoye i don't think will be drafted right? Or did i miss something that people expect him to be taken in the 5th round lately. Also don't think he can be a 3-4 NT so theirs that as well. Would much rather a TJ Barnes type of player over Okoye.

Okoye, CBS has him moving up, he was one their BPAs when I got to that pick. I keep forgetting you guys are 3-4. I guess Gooden wouldn't do you much good as an OLB, although he might be a good candidate to move inside to play the Mack role. Ertz was another BPA pick. I figured building the front seven is always more important than building the secondary, so I tried to get you a pass rusher early, then worry about the secondary later. My Steelers had crappy CBs for years and won two super bowls because of their pass rush.

We are a Hybrid defense bro. We are a 4-3 base but run quite a bit of 3-3-5 and 3-4 looks as well. So we sorta run what works best against the other team Smile Pretty much how the stronger steelers defenses use to be awhile back. You have seen Nolan before and his defense he throws all kinds of stuff at you. We sorta got burned for not having a bigger DT in the middle when we went to 3-3-5 and 3-4 looks though. So thats why i think we could use one a good bit.

As far as a secondary we actually don't even have one much right now. Most people don't realize what all we lost back there. We didn't just lose 1 CB. We lost Brent Grimes and Daunta Robinson and Chris Owens. That is literally all 3 of our starting 3 CB's 2 years ago. Now our Cb group is only Assante Sameuls (good but older and injured alot) Robert Mclain(2nd year player but was great slot guy last year) Dominque Franks (5th round guy that hasn't done much at all in 3 yrs) Thats absolutely it at CB. So 1 good older starter and a 2nd year player with some upside? The Steelers might have had a bad secondary but atleast yall had one XD

Gooden is a fine pick at LB for us as again we are hybrid he can play in quite a few spots for us in a few different schemes no knock on that pick bro.

As far as Ertz i just don't see TE as a big need this year and maybe like 5th or 6th biggest need as we are pretty stacked there with talent right now. Gonzo, Palmer, and Coffman all 3 have played before and done well when called upon. Then look at it like this. Ertz would be what the Falcons 5th or 6th target on offense. White, Julio, Gonzo, Douglas, Stephen Jackson, Quizz Rodgers Then Ertz. Ryan just don't make it to his 4th or 5th target enough to warrant a 2nd round pick on the TE position with out defense being so weak right now.

If you want to take a chance on a 3rd or 4th round TE with upside go for it that way atleast 2 of the our 4 biggest needs in DE, OLB, NT, and CB are covered before it happens Smile

Also you won't see me knock on Tank either i think thats a great pick for us. Im a FSU fan and i know what Tank is capable of. He is actually the better of the 2 FSU DE's coming out.

We have something in common then! Cool I agree, I really like Tank, and was surprised when he was rated as a 2-3 rounder for the past couple months. Oh, and Go Noles!

Go Noles!
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meixdaddy_10 wrote:
RD1 Like Taylor and Brown alot for MN

LOVE Richardson and Carradine even more

RD2 Hankins would be great if i didnt go Richardson

I go WR Justin Hunter in a heartbeat

RD3 No way I take a G that high...our GM likes our G's and wants continuity..If he could be a swing tackle/guard Im a bit higher on the pick

I personally wouldnt pass on CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson who will go higher than this.

RD4a Wilcox is not a bad pick at all but I dont think our FO will grab a S this high if at all..they like our depth...I think we grab our swing tackle here in OT Brennan Williams

RD4b I cant see us taking a QB at all in this draft. They love Ponder, have Cassel, and still have Webb and last years 3rd string QB who they are high on.
We need a LB and I would have liked to grab one earlier but value dictated otherwise..I grab Gerald Hodges here from Linebacker U...Linebacker is one spot where no matter what rd you go you can still have a major impact. There seems to always be late rd lb gems.

RD5 is decent but alot of us like WR Josh Boyce TCU

RD6 is fine with me..dont think they need a safety as stated before but like this one.

RD7 always a crapshoot..dont think we need to draft 3 WRs...could go anywhere but I find a way to grab CB Wooten, TE Stoneburner, and a Punter, preferably Jeff Locke or Brad Wing

My ideal draft based off your projections would be:

RD1 DT Richardson/ DE Carradine
RD2 WR Hunter
RD3 CB Wreh-Wilson
RD4 OT Williams/LB Hodges
RD5 WR Boyce
RD6 S Davis
RD7 P Locke/CB Wooten/TE Stoneburner

That would be sweet!

You will love the Taylor pick. He's my favorite prospect in this draft. I would be more than happy if the Steelers took him at 17, but unfortunately, I just don't see it happening.

I didn't go WR right away because of the Jennings signing. I figured that'd buy you a couple rounds to fill other needs, but perhaps i'm wrong.

With the OG, I relied heavily on Walters team needs page, they said you needed a OG, so I gave you one. Their fault! Laughing

Go Noles!
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
I would literally throw something at my TV if the Jets took Matt Barkley. Give us Johnathan Cyprien there.

Better get a metal cage for your TV, cuz it just might happen! Wink

Go Noles!
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kempes wrote:
I didn't mind this apart from Joeckel and Tyler Wilson. If you'd have given us Star at #4, it'd have been much better.

Whats wrong with taking the #1 prospect in the draft, who fills a need, at #4?

Also, i've been over this before with Eagles fans. I know you're excited about Chip Kelly, and the read option, etc. But the fact is, the read option won't last. Defenses will adapt and shut it down, just like they did the wildcat. Teams that rely too heavily on it will find themselves completely rebuilding their offense in a year or too. You can never go wrong having a pocket passer.

Go Noles!
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Outstanding Bengals draft. Do you really see Elam falling to #53 though? The success of this draft will hinge on finding a solid safety and RB. If Elam isn't there, the dropoff is huge.

Realistically, no. It's just how the board fell when I was doing this. There was a few guys I felt lasted longer here than they will IRL, and he was one of them.

Go Noles!
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty solid draft for the Titans although they don't need a QB at all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: