Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Art's 2013 Mock Draft w/trades
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Art's 2013 Mock Draft w/trades Reply with quote

Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan: It's been Fisher vs Joeckel for the past month. Fisher's mean streak and "high ceiling" gives him the edge. The loss of Eric Winston and the potential Branden Albert trade makes this an easy pick.

Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M: Between Fisher and Joeckel, the Jags are going to take whoever the Chiefs don't. Although the defense finished last in total sacks, they finished bottom five in offense while Gabbert and Henne took a beating. Luke Joeckel has more value than any available pass rusher at #2.

*TRADE: The Oakland Raiders trade pick #3 to the Philadelphia Eagles for pick #4 and #136*
Explanation: Sounds silly, right? This happened last year when Cleveland traded up one spot to draft Trent Richardson. With 2 of the top 3 tackles immediately off the board, panic sets in with tackle-starved teams Philly, Detroit, and Arizona. Oakland isn't known to trade down, but hey, it's one spot and Oakland only has 3 picks in the first 5 rounds. They get an extra pick and still get their guy.

Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma: Jason Peters is coming off two achilles tears in one year while the team would prefer to move Todd Herremans back inside. The athletic Lane Johnson is a perfect fit for Chip Kelly's fast-paced offense.

Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida: The Raiders finished second to last in sacks and don't have any decent DT's. Floyd has been labeled a gifted interior pass rusher by draft experts.

Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon: Despite having outstanding play from the DT position, the Lions still finished toward the bottom of the league in sacks. Jordan is the best available pure pass-rusher in the draft.

*TRADE: The Browns trade pick #6 to the Atlanta Falcons for pick #30, #60, #127, and 2014 1st and 4th round picks*
Explanation: These two teams made a blockbuster trade in 2011. Why not do it again? Shockingly enough, the Browns don't have any real pressing needs. The Falcons on the other hand are hurting for a CB. Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff is extremely aggressive on draft day and isn't afraid to go get his guy.

Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama: The release (and torn ACL) of Brent Grimes left a huge hole in the secondary. And despite their record, they finished bottom 10 in pass defense. Milliner is without a doubt the best CB in the draft.

DJ Fluker, OT, Alabama: In Bruce Arians' vertical offense, Carson Palmer is going to need some time to throw the ball. Arizona's O-line, especially the tackle position, is abysmal, making a reach for Fluker warranted.

Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse: Another move that's going to appear as a huge reach. However, if you don't have a franchise QB on the roster and you feel like there's one available, you absolutely have to take him. Nassib has the physical tools to play in elements of Buffalo and is also familiar with the offense as he reunites with HC Doug Marrone.

Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia: It was tough watching an offense as embarrassing as the Jets. I'm surprised to see they were only the 3rd worst in terms of offensive yards. Tavon Austin is easily the most explosive skill player in the draft. Santonio Holmes, who's a headache anyway, will be gone next year. Austin should be an upgrade.

Jonathan Cooper, OG, UNC: Tennessee signed guard Andy Levitre in free agency but there's massive hole on the other side. Jonathan Cooper fits Tennessee's zone blocking system more than Chance Warmack. Drafting Cooper should leave Chris Johnson with no excuses at the end of the season

Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah, DE/OLB, BYU: San Diego has arguably the worst O-line in the league on paper, so taking Chance Warmack would make sense. However, if they were to draft a guard after not even offering Louis Vasquez a contract, the fanbase would rage. With no good tackles on the board, they go with Ziggy at 11. The need for a pass-rusher arose after letting Shaun Phillips hit free agency.

*TRADE: The Miami Dolphins trade pick #12 to the Dallas Cowboys for pick #18 and #80.*
Explanation: Miami's made it known that they've been wanting to trade down. Dallas has some gaping holes on defense and when Jerry see's something Jerry doesn't like, Jerry isn't afraid to get a little aggressive.

Kenny Vaccaro, FS, Texas: Despite having top of the line corners and pass-rushers, the Cowboys still managed to finished in the bottom half in pass defense. Dallas currently does not have a competent safety on the roster. Vaccaro will stay in state and provide the Cowboys a much needed boost in centerfield.

Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU: You don't typically see a Rex Ryan team finish sixth to last in sacks. Mingo is strictly a pass-rusher in the 3-4 and will immediately be inserted into the starting lineup.

Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah: DT is arguably Carolina's biggest need. They catch a break with the "Falling Star" (heyo) dropping out of the projected top 10 and into their lap at 14.

Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri: If rebuilding their awful defense wasn't hard enough, they now have to adapt to a 3-4. In this scenario, you just go with the best front-seven player available, which is Richardson.

Deandre Hopkins, WR, Clemson: The coaching staff has been glued to Hopkins for the past few days. Understandably so, considering they lost two of their top receiving targets from an already thin WR corps (Danny Amendola, Brandon Gibson).

Jarvis Jones, DE/OLB, Georgia: A pass-rusher became an obvious need after the release of James Harrison. Jarvis Jones' physical style and high motor fits Pittsburgh Steeler football to a T.

Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State: The guy that Miami was going to pick #12 is still on the board. That's a good first day. Miami's only good CB, Sean Smith, left for a big pay day in KC. Brent Grimes was signed but he's coming off an ACL tear. In short, CB was a huge need.

Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama: Here are the Giants, right on queue. Signing the potential top 10 player that slips to the in the middle of the round. Guard isn't there biggest need, but needs haven't stopped them from getting the player they feel is best fit for their club.

Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame: Despite the catfish fiasco, Manti is a solid player and arguably the best ILB on the board. Whether Manti is the pick or not, the Bears are in dire need of a LB with the departure of Brian Urlacher and can't afford to pass on one of the top one's here.

Jonathan Cyprien, SS, Florida International: Taylor Mays has been awful since he entered the league. Add to the fact that a CB was playing FS last year, drafting the best available safety is almost a no-brainer.

*TRADE: The Rams trade pick #22 to the Cleveland Browns for pick #30, #68, and #139*
Explanation: For the Rams, the value of the players at their position of need lies at the end of the 1st round / beginning of the 2nd round. New Browns management haven't exactly hid the fact they're not Brandon Weeden's biggest fan. With a few QBs falling down the board, this is a perfect opportunity to snatch one of them up.

Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia: Brandon Weeden didn't play awful, but he does turn 30 this year... and it's his second year in the league. It was a botched pick by previous management. Geno, thought of by most to be the top QB in the draft, has the physical tools to play in Cleveland. He'll push Weeden for the starting job.

: DJ Hayden, CB, Houston: Hayden has been rapidly rising up the draft boards. This is good value and fills a need considering the Vikings were unable to retain Antoine Winfield.

Margus Hunt, DE/OLB, Southern Methodist: Dwight Freeney left, Robert Mathis is getting up there in age, Jerry Hughes remains a bust, and Indy didn't generate much of a pass rush last year. Standing at 6'8, 277lbs with 4.5 speed, the ceiling is as tall as Hunt.

Sylvester Williams, DT, UNC: Sylvester has been another fast riser. Minnesota didn't get much production opposite Kevin Williams. It'll be nice to have another Williams tandem going on in Minnesota.

Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State: Aaron Rodgers was sacked more than any other QB in the league last year. Ensuring your Super Bowl winning, franchise QB stays off his back should probably be your top priority. Watson is extremely raw but has ideal size and is extremely athletic. His potential is through the roof.

Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee: WR is an obvious pick for Houston, who has no one to take the heat off of an aging Andre Johnson. Hunter has the size and speed to be an absolute nightmare for opposing DB's.

Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame: Eifert was projected by many to go in the teens. The value doesn't get much better here. Despite Peyton making them look competent, Joel Dreesen and Jacob Tamme just aren't that good.

*TRADE: The New England Patriots trade pick #29 to the Detroit Lions for pick #36, #137, and #171
Explanation: New England is known for trading down. In this draft, the value between the late first round and the early second round doesn't change much at all. Meanwhile, Detroit looks to take some attention away from Calvin Johnson.

Cordarelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee: When you combine his frame, speed, and playmaking ability, he'd appear to be the best WR in the draft. However, the knock on him is that he's raw and just not that smart. Detroit is willing weigh the risk vs reward with Patterson.

Kyle Long, OG, Oregon: With a clear need at the guard position, the Rams go with the Bloodline. Although he only played one year of football at Oregon, he's got the athleticism, measurables, and smarts you look for in a lineman.

Eric Reid, FS, LSU: Dashon Goldson was a huge reason why the Niners' defense was able to play at an elite level. Losing him is definitely going to sting, but Reid should help soften the blow.

Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia: Despite all of his off-the-field issues, Ogletree makes it into the first round. He's an amazing athlete but you never really know where he's at mentally. If John Harbaugh can keep him in line, this is a steal.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really pray the Falcons don't do this again. I love Dee although not as much as i did Julio. But the difference is we had very little need in the julio draft. This year we have tons of needs because of that draft.

Their are also quite a few reports out in the last day or 2 that are saying the trades we are looking to make Dimitroff refuses to put our 2014 1st or 2013 2nd in. So im in comfort so far after hearing that form quite a few draft guys lately.
CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of either trade or the pick for the Browns.

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2nd trade is a rip off to me.

No way I'd do it

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see the FO going OG. Fans have been begging for OG's for years with no response.

I don't think we could pass on Ansah here.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR
2) Sammie Hill NT
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in the group that doesn't like Reid, but the niners seem to like him, so the pick makes sense. Unless we trade up, I agree that he is the likely pick

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
FEARtheELF

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns trade 6, 68, and 129 for 22, 60, 127, 2014 1st, 4th

1600+250+43 for 780+300+430 (middle 2nd)+15

1900 - 1430

Uhmmm no.

Browns would kill themselves this way and get ripped by analysts

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.
JDJaguar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An OT doesn't have more value than any available pass rush at #2. RTs don't have that kind of value.
Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FEARtheELF wrote:

1900 - 1430

Uhmmm no.

Bro, I spent 6 hours on a Wednesday night writing up this mock. I'm not pulling up draft value charts and doing math too lol

With the first trade, I just copied the compensation from the 2011 trade which was a very similar trade. With the second trade, just pretend they didn't give up that much. Wink
Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDJaguar wrote:
An OT doesn't have more value than any available pass rush at #2. RTs don't have that kind of value.

This is Eugene Monroe's last year under contract and the reports are the Jags aren't going to extend him. Joeckel will be your guys' LT in 2014, at the very latest.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he's there, I feel the bengals will take Cyprien. Nice pick.
FEARtheELF

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:

1900 - 1430

Uhmmm no.

Bro, I spent 6 hours on a Wednesday night writing up this mock. I'm not pulling up draft value charts and doing math too lol

With the first trade, I just copied the compensation from the 2011 trade which was a very similar trade. With the second trade, just pretend they didn't give up that much. Wink

Well then Boo

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE the trade up for CP. Jordan is okay, I prefer Ansah though.

R.I.P. Stylish
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Bengals pick

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TomRalph

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Done for first, spending the time to make a Mock Draft look interesting and encouraging me to continue reading. I had the boring 'list' Mocks.

Also, for including trades, trades are an absolute certainty to happen in the real Draft, so why do people insist on no incorporating them into their Mocks?

Love the trade for New England, it's almost a certainty that we trade down with only 5 picks (2 7th's) in the draft though a lot of FFers wouldn't be happy on passing on Patterson.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: