Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Datone Jones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eh3034

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Datone Jones Reply with quote

I know many of the members of this forum hate the idea of Datone Jones being the pick at #24 (by throwing out the terms idiot, stupid, and wanting to bet money against it); but now it is starting to gain a lot of momentum (nfl.com, CBS Sports, Walter football, Stampede blue, and many more). What does everyone else think should this pick actually happen? I know what some members of this forum think, but would love to hear from others now that the Datone Jones to Indy momentum is growing. Would also love to hear reactions IF Jones is the pick tomorrow.

Note: While I don't agree that Jones will be the pick, I'm not against the idea either depending on how the draft plays out, and I think he fits the defense very well. I personally have the Colts trading out of the 1st in my mock draft, and their first pick being Justin Pugh at #39.
ColtsFan40

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: Datone Jones Reply with quote

eh3034 wrote:
I know many of the members of this forum hate the idea of Datone Jones being the pick at #24 (by throwing out the terms idiot, stupid, and wanting to bet money against it); but now it is starting to gain a lot of momentum (nfl.com, CBS Sports, Walter football, Stampede blue, and many more). What does everyone else think should this pick actually happen? I know what some members of this forum think, but would love to hear from others now that the Datone Jones to Indy momentum is growing. Would also love to hear reactions IF Jones is the pick tomorrow.

Note: While I don't agree that Jones will be the pick, I'm not against the idea either depending on how the draft plays out, and I think he fits the defense very well. I personally have the Colts trading out of the 1st in my mock draft, and their first pick being Justin Pugh at #39.

Im neutral on Jones. I think the media has him slotted for us because he is a safe guess. I dont think they have a clue where we will go. We could select any one of the following positions:

WR- we need a replacement for Reggie to groom
OLB- we need a pass rusher
CB- we need another starting caliber corner in case Davis leaves after this season
ILB- are top 3 ILBs are scheduled to hit FA soon (2 this coming year and 1 the year after)

My money is on either a trade down or a CB. That could change if someone like Jarvis Jones falls to us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: