Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1 and only 2013 NFL Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patriotfan4Life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: 1 and only 2013 NFL Mock Draft Reply with quote

2013 NFL Mock Draft

1. Chiefs- Luke Joeckel OT
Joeckel is the premier left tackle that the chiefs need if they lose Albert. With the trade very close with Miami, I believe Albert will go there and the Chiefs pick up the 2nd round they lost with the Alex Smith trade. If Albert doesnít get traded, Fisher would be the pick here and plugged in at RT day 1.

2. Jaguars- Dion Jordan OLB/DE
Jordan is the best rusher in the draft arguably. Jaguars need a rusher with having nobody on defense with more than 5 sacks last year. Jordan can play the rover role at linebacker or he can play in the dirt and rush the passer.

3. Raiders- Star Lotulelei DT
If the raiders canít find a trade partner to trade down, I think they take the best player available regardless of position. They have so many holes to fill in and rebuild for the post-Davis era and Star can be an immediate impact on their front 4.

4. Eagles- Lane Johnson OT
I think this is where the draft will start to be unpredictable. Eagles have a need at corner after losing both starters, as well as offensive line. Tackle is a need here and with Chip Kellyís new offense being fast pace and need athletic linemen, I think Johnson is the best at filling that need. Milliner is very possible as well.

5. Lions- Eric Fisher OT
Picks 3-6 is where the trades will happen fast because of the OT and teams that need them. Oakland is a starting point for that to happen but since I am not predicting trades, at 5 the Lions take their biggest need next to corner and help protect Stafford to make him stay upright. If Milliner is available, I wouldnít be surprised if they snag him, though corner is a deep position. Lions could come back in round 2 for a corner and be fine.

6. Browns- Dee Milliner CB
Milliner fills a need opposite of Haden and will be an immediate starter giving the Browns a very good cover secondary. If Milliner is not available, the Browns will likely trade down.

7. Cardinals- Ezekiel Ansah DE
Ansah is a project player with great upside and a ferocious rusher. Cardinals need someone who can get to the QB plain and simple. No Geno Smith here, I see them coming back in the 2nd round and getting a strong arm QB in Glennon or maybe if Smith falls they trade back into the 1st for him.

8. Bills- Tavon Austin WR
The most obvious choice in everyoneís mock is Geno Smith. Though there is not a clear-cut #1 QB in this class as well as a QB worth taking here. The bills need a big weapon to add to Johnson and Spiller. Austin would help significantly in both the passing game and even the return game. As much as the rumors are of Nassib being picked here, it would be an extreme reach, even more than what Ponder was two years ago.

9. Jets- Chance Warmack OG
Jets need help all over the board after half their team starters are no longer with the team. Start from the best available and Warmack fills an immediate need. Basically whoever is #1 on their board, they will most likely grab.

10. Titans- Shariff Floyd DT
Titans need more attackers on that d-line to get to the QB and Floyd will be very disruptive to help that out.

11. Chargers- D.J. Fluker OT
Chargers need help on the offensive line and OT is the glaring spot. Fluker is the best available T and will be a day 1 starter keeping Rivers upright.

12. Dolphins- Sheldon Richardson DT
Donít really know where to go with this pick, OT has been cleaned dry at this point, and I donít see them getting a corner this high. Richardson is a stout player and can really help out Wake on the outside.

13. Jets- Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB
Jets use the Revis pick on arguably the 2nd best rusher next to Jordan to fill a big need. Donít be surprised if they take DJ Hayden CB right here. Rex was at his workout the other day and was very impressed.

14. Panthers- Kenny Vaccaro S
Vaccaro fills a big hole at Safety that has been there for a long time. DT, CB, or WR could be other options here as well.

15. Saints- Jarvis Jones OLB/DE
With Rob Ryan importing the 3-4 into the Saints defense, they need that dominant OLB rusher. Jones may be the most NFL ready OLB rusher. Makes this pick a no brainer. If Jones is not there, they may look at a DT.

16. Rams- Keenan Allen WR
If Allen can stay healthy, this will be a great pickup for a WR needy team. Bradford is a great QB; he just has never had a great receiver core. Allen will help rebuild that and be a #1 target after the loss of Amendola.

17. Steelers- Eddie Lacy RB
After losing out on Jarvis Jones, Steelers address their biggest offensive need. They have no clear-cut #1 backs and Lacy is a beast. He is very quick and powerful. This would be a win for Steelers nation

18. Cowboys- Jonathan Cooper OG
Cowboys need DT, OL, and S need here. Vaccaro is gone, Cooper is the best available on a lot of boards and can be a star Guard in the future for a questionable line last year.

19. Giants- Tyler Eifert TE
LB is a need here but with the best TE available and losing Bennett this year. Eifert is a big threat in an already great Giant offense.

20. Bears- DJ Hayden CB
This may shock some people. But with Tillman getting up in age and the one-year wonder in Jennings, corner may be a bigger need than people think. With the pass happy division they are in, Hayden is the #1 corner on some boards and may even go higher than this, but Hayden will be a good pick here.

21. Bengals- DeAndre Hopkins WR
In the post season last year, it was clear that once you take away AJ Green, the Bengals could not do anything offensively. Hopkins has the best hands in the draft and can really help out opposite of Green. Offensive players are a big need here and taking the best available WR can really help out. If Eddie Lacy falls, he may be a good option here and come back in the 2nd and grab a WR.

22. Rams- Alec Ogletree ILB/OLB
Rams have big need at LB and Ogletree is a big time player. Having the baggage and red flags doesnít scare Fisher away (Jenkins last year). If the Rams donít trade down, I think they must address the defensive side here and if Ogletree is available, he makes perfect sense.

23. Vikings- Sylvester Williams DT
With big Kevin Williams retiring, DT becomes a big need. Williams is very athletic for his size and hopefully can become just as good as Kevin. Williams for Williams sounds good.

24. Colts- Bjoern Werner DE/OLB
Colts need defensive help. The playoffs showed it when they got burned all over and made Luck try to play comeback king. With Freeney now gone, if they believe Werner can play the stand up position I can see this happening. Werner was once considered a top 10 talent so this is great value.

25. Vikings- Cordarrelle Patterson WR
Vikings need more help even after getting rival WR Jennings in FA. Patterson is a hit or miss according to scouts, but he is good value here. Teío could be the pick here if they want to pull the trigger.

26. Packers- John Cyprien S
OL and secondary is a big need. With OL being good with depth in this draft, filling the hole from Woodson leaving is a must. Cyprien is a good ball hawk as well as cover safety.

27. Texans- Manti Teío ILB
Texans need help with WR bad. But with the depth at WR they can get someone in the 2nd round. When Cushing went down last year, their ILB situation was not good. Putting Teío next to Cushing can make the Texans defense even more challenging to go against. I threw a curveball here and picked Teío, though I think it will most likely be a WR like Hunter or Woods.

28. Broncos- Desmond Trufant CB
Broncos secondary killed them in the playoffs last year. Trufant is a great cover corner and can learn from Bailey and eventually take over for him.

29. Patriots- Damontre Moore DE
Being a Patriots fan, I never have any idea what BB will do. Rusher, CB, and WR are the first needs. I really canít see the Pats staying here. As bad as we need a WR, I just donít believe Bill will pull the trigger on one here. Trading down is the most likely scenario, but if they stay put, I believe it will be the best Rusher on the board. Datone Jones is still there and could be the pick, but Moore was considered a top-5 pick not long ago and played very well against all premier talent in college as well as being good against the run. Maybe trading down a few spots and then getting Moore and WR would be gold.

30. Falcons- Jamar Taylor CB
There are a lot of rumors of the Falcons trading up for a corner and are also very high on Taylor. I believe Taylor will be a stout CB in the league and grabbing him here, the Falcons are very happy.

31. 49ers- Johnathan Jenkins DT
The 49ers donít have a lot of defensive need. But with so many picks, they could most likely trade up. They need a big DT on the 3-man front and Jenkins is a big nose tackle. Margus Hunt may be a pick here to eventually replace Smith.

32. Ravens- Robert Woods WR
After losing Boldin, the Ravens really need to replace him. If it wasnít for Boldin, the Ravens may not be Super Bowl champions right now. Woods is being compared to Reggie Wayne and can be a security possession receiver that Boldin was.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: