You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns trade for Dolphins WR Davone Bess
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nakka

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little, Gordon, Bess
Edwards, Winslow, Jurevicius
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nakka wrote:
Little, Gordon, Bess

???

The correlation between these players is loose, at best.

Roughly the only thing they have in common is the have been on the Browns roster.
mtmmike

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
nakka wrote:
Little, Gordon, Bess

???

The correlation between these players is loose, at best.

Roughly the only thing they have in common is the have been on the Browns roster.

excellent post
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nakka wrote:

Love the Reus sig by the way.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys will love having Bess on your team. He's a chain mover and will become your QBs best friend. He is very reliable and is a model citizen (seriously there is not one negative thing he had done or said in the media, just a quality guy). Look at his production and understand that he has played with multiple mediocre QBs in his career and manage to have success with all of them. He is limited as his speed is average and he doesn't break tackles, but for picking up a critical first down he is clutch. I wish him the best and hope he find success in the Browns system.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Fins fans, why did your FO chose to get rid of him?

The compensation seems minimal and his salary is nothing extreme. Why move a quality player who is also a quality person?
buno67

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

The compensation seems minimal and his salary is nothing extreme. Why move a quality player who is also a quality person?

money!!! think about it, they just gave Hartline a nice contract and broke the bank for Wallace. They also made some other decent signings.

I think with all the money they spent this year that they are going to cut back next year. I think they decided to trade him and get something out of him instead of letting him walk. I think that because one of the major stipulations for the browns to get him was for him to sign a contract extension and they get him for more than a one year rental
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

money!!! think about it, they just gave Hartline a nice contract and broke the bank for Wallace. They also made some other decent signings.

I think with all the money they spent this year that they are going to cut back next year. I think they decided to trade him and get something out of him instead of letting him walk. I think that because one of the major stipulations for the browns to get him was for him to sign a contract extension and they get him for more than a one year rental

He doesn't make that much.

Hell, he just reupped and that'll put him at 13 million over the next 4 years (roughly).

That seems like a bargain for a guy who produces like Bess has.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
buno67 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

He doesn't make that much.

Hell, he just reupped and that'll put him at 13 million over the next 4 years (roughly).

That seems like a bargain for a guy who produces like Bess has.

He had only one year on his contract and wasn't likely to be resigned especially with the signings of Gibson and Wallace. He is a slot only guy and Philbin wants receivers who can play all three positions and even as a slot WR he is not ever going to take a slant the distance or break many tackles. Once they singed Gibson it was only a matter of time before he was gone. Basically he became the odd man out.

I'm glad he is going to a team that can use him...will be a very solid addition.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pickup for you guys. He's still pretty young, and a good slot guy. You didn't really give up anything.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: