Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Draft Discussion thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: General Draft Discussion thread Reply with quote

Rule #1: Don't leak picks. Once Goodell announces it then 1 and only 1 thread may be made for each player we pick.

Rule #2: Keep everything else in this general discussion thread

Rule #3: There are no other rules except for those pesky general forum rules to abide by.

Suggestions: If you are truly ticked off at a pick, take 15-30 minutes and stay off the internet, then respond, or type out your angry response in a word doc and then read it, whatever you do, don't post it.

GO!

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on those rules, I'll be instabanned if we take Sharrif Floyd.

On the other hand, I'll need a new pair of underwear if we take Geno or Ziggy.

Either way, copious amount of alcohol shall be consumed. My goal this draft is also to get as fat as I possibly can via consumption of 3.5 lbs of homemade buffalo chicken bites and ro-tel dip.

Wish me luck.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Based on those rules, I'll be instabanned if we take Sharrif Floyd.

On the other hand, I'll need a new pair of underwear if we take Geno or Ziggy.

Either way, copious amount of alcohol shall be consumed. My goal this draft is also to get as fat as I possibly can via consumption of 3.5 lbs of homemade buffalo chicken bites and ro-tel dip.

Wish me luck.

damn wish I could be there with ya, we could get banned together after a Floyd pick. Buff Chick Bites sounds damn tasty right now.

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really strong rumors of Eric Fisher tonight. Really hope thats true if it's between him and Joeckel

Quote:
Pass Blocking: Both Fisher and Joeckel are elite pass protectors. They have quickness, footwork, technique, they don’t commit penalties, and they both have great balance. Joeckel probably has a slight advantage in technique, but Fisher seems to play more physical and nastier. Don’t be fooled by Jon Gruden talking to Joeckel about nastiness, he doesn’t play with it. Fisher does.

Run Blocking: This is where the big difference is. Joeckel is not strong and aggressive at the point of attack, Fisher is. Fisher pulls well, plays with a desire to destroy people. He finishes out blocks even far away from the play and loves to pancake guys. Joeckel struggles both at the point of attack and at the second level. Joeckel is more of a “contain” run blocker. He does not drive defenders backwards. Texas A&M would seldom run off of Joeckel, while CMU would often run off of Fisher. Joeckel was very effective when cut blocking or on draw plays, but that was mainly it. He doesn’t seal the edge well on the outside, but will do better sealing inside.

Overall both are obvious first round players, but I find Fisher to be a more complete and better overall player than Joeckel. I will honestly be upset if the Chiefs take Joeckel over Fisher.

My take^^

Hey, RUMMY? You see what Nick Wright said his offseason would be?

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's that time of year again, more talk of Ryk's juicy meat. Seriously though, curse laden responses will win the night if we draft Floyd.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 14m

Me too RT @JayGlazer: Most believe Chiefs take Luke Joeckel, I do not, believe Chiefs will take Eric Fisher w #1 pick. Big, nasty, fits city

Quote:
NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL 40m

Chiefs GM Dorsey confirms to @wyche89 that he's fielded calls from several teams interested in the No. 1 pick http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000162974/article/kansas-city-chiefs-gm-dorsey-has-fielded-calls-for-no-1-pick?campaign=Twitter_atl

Quote:
NFL ‏@nfl 58m

Chiefs GM: Brandon Albert could be traded before #NFLDraft (via @wyche89)http://on.nfl.com/11R3liI

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h

Dorsey loves the player RT @wyche89: Chiefs not pressed to trade Albert. Said they'd be fine with him. Albert doesn't want to move to RT

Oh look, they finally realized that not only are the Chiefs working on a trade but we have the first overall pick. Maybe they should at least discuss our team.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade Albert for a high 2nd rounder. Trade down a few picks, get another 2nd rounder. Draft Ziggy Ansah. ??? Profit
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Trade Albert for a high 2nd rounder. Trade down a few picks, get another 2nd rounder. Draft Ziggy Ansah. ??? Profit

Get to see if Chase Daniel is worth 3m/year by week 6...scary?

Kidding aside, it'd be crazy.
Da_Zou13

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Quote:

Get to see if Chase Daniel is worth 3m/year by week 6...scary?

Kidding aside, it'd be crazy.

...find out Chase Daniel is the next Drew Breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees. Profit

Props to LOTO on the sig.
samsel23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Really strong rumors of Eric Fisher tonight. Really hope thats true if it's between him and Joeckel

Quote:
Pass Blocking: Both Fisher and Joeckel are elite pass protectors. They have quickness, footwork, technique, they don’t commit penalties, and they both have great balance. Joeckel probably has a slight advantage in technique, but Fisher seems to play more physical and nastier. Don’t be fooled by Jon Gruden talking to Joeckel about nastiness, he doesn’t play with it. Fisher does.

Run Blocking: This is where the big difference is. Joeckel is not strong and aggressive at the point of attack, Fisher is. Fisher pulls well, plays with a desire to destroy people. He finishes out blocks even far away from the play and loves to pancake guys. Joeckel struggles both at the point of attack and at the second level. Joeckel is more of a “contain” run blocker. He does not drive defenders backwards. Texas A&M would seldom run off of Joeckel, while CMU would often run off of Fisher. Joeckel was very effective when cut blocking or on draw plays, but that was mainly it. He doesn’t seal the edge well on the outside, but will do better sealing inside.

Overall both are obvious first round players, but I find Fisher to be a more complete and better overall player than Joeckel. I will honestly be upset if the Chiefs take Joeckel over Fisher.

My take^^

Hey, RUMMY? You see what Nick Wright said his offseason would be?

I'm not the only one who still follows Wright??

His offseason would have been terrible though

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst start to a draft GDT ever.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
Rumless

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who don't get what RVM's saying:

@getnickwright wrote:
My ideal #Chiefs offseason would've been not trading for Alex Smith, signing Ryan Fitzpatrick as stop gap, draft Milliner #1...

I'm over Fitzmagic.

My ideal offseason would have been to not trade for Smith and sign Chase Daniel (which we did, so yay). Draft Fisher at first, draft either Arthur Brown or DJ Hayden in the second, and draft Dysert in the third.

So who do people hope we don't draft? I'd join RVM and ryk in the ranks of the banned if we draft Floyd. Any other player elicits a "meh", while if we draft Dion Jordan or Tavon Austin, I will be quite giddy.

samsel23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
For those who don't get what RVM's saying:

@getnickwright wrote:
My ideal #Chiefs offseason would've been not trading for Alex Smith, signing Ryan Fitzpatrick as stop gap, draft Milliner #1...

I'm over Fitzmagic.

My ideal offseason would have been to not trade for Smith and sign Chase Daniel (which we did, so yay). Draft Fisher at first, draft either Arthur Brown or DJ Hayden in the second, and draft Dysert in the third.

So who do people hope we don't draft? I'd join RVM and ryk in the ranks of the banned if we draft Floyd. Any other player elicits a "meh", while if we draft Dion Jordan or Tavon Austin, I will be quite giddy.

I'd have to take a couple weeks off FF if we drafted Floyd, Joeckel would be a meh pick. Wouldn't hate or love it, just prefer Fisher.

Besides that I'm pretty open about it besides Milliner.

Outside the box pick is still Star for me, don't see it happening but wouldn't shock me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating.

@JasonColeYahoo wrote:
Debate in KC is coaches want Fisher, scouts want Joeckel. Not a rift, just a debate. Dorsey is from Ron Wolf tree, prefer big school player

I'd hope coaches would have the edge in the decision room, since they'll actually be handling the player for years to come.

DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My don't draft list as follows first overall...

Floyd
Floyd
Floyd
Jordan
Floyd

Before 4th...and barely at all, especially after another poor judgment

Mathieu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 1 of 35

Jump to: