Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report/Rumor: Lions want #3 if OT falls
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Report/Rumor: Lions want #3 if OT falls Reply with quote

Quote:
Tony Pauline of TFY Draft Insider reports that the Raiders are expected to consider trading their No. 3 overall pick to the Lions for the No. 5 selection if one of the either Luke Joeckel or Eric Fisher are available to them.

Pauline adds that Oakland would then target either Sharrif Floyd or Star Lotulelei with the No. 5 pick.

http://nfltraderumors.co/report-raiders-lions-could-swap-picks-in-the-first-round/

What do you think? If a OT is what we want we may need to.

Last year CLE gave a 4,5 and 6 to move up for #4 to #3. So a starting point I bet.

Sig bet
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously? No. Stick at 5 or trade down, theres no reason to move up unless they absolutely fall in love with Fisher. I however wouldnt do it.
Hahaha. This team does not belong here
Mods, take care of this troll or I will.

Hold on mods. I wanna see where this goes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Chups

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why shouldn't they move up?

The Lions greatest need is protecting Matthew Stafford. The entire offensive line is in a flux after the retirement of Jeff Backus and departures of Cherlius and Peterman. If Eric Fisher and Luke Joeckel are as good as the media is saying - they should try to trade up and get one.

I wouldn't be upset on draft day if we traded our third rounder to secure a ten year starter at left tackle.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be a big fan of it. I don't think the OT's are that good, so I don't want to sacrifice elsewhere for a player that doesn't meet the draft position (IMO).

CWood21 wrote:
This anti-Teddy crap is getting out of hand.

R.I.P. Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is typical retarded Lions BS.

Fill one hole in a boat that's leaking like a sieve.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These clowns are just that.....clowns

Why did you draft Reiff?

This team is more then 1 player away

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im kinda torn, anytime you can have a top tier talent that may be around for 10 yr starter is great and we gotta protect stafford, but at the same time we are not 1 player away from the super bowl so i would rather trade down and get more picks/players to help build for the future...
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:

Why did you draft Reiff?

Um, because both tackle spots were a likely need last year. We took who projected to be a great RT/good LT last draft at pick #23, and are now in position to take a LTOTF this year. If they feel that one of the OTs are elite prospects, they should absolutely move up to secure one.

Sheesh... these clowns. After all, if we actually take a stud LT and solidify our OLine, fans wouldn't be able to blame our tackles anymore. The nerve.

Team Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Why did you draft Reiff?

Um, because both tackle spots were a likely need last year. We took who projected to be a great RT/good LT last draft at pick #23, and are now in position to take a LTOTF this year. If they feel that one of the OTs are elite prospects, they should absolutely move up to secure one.

Sheesh... these clowns. After all, if we actually take a stud LT and solidify our OLine, fans wouldn't be able to blame our tackles anymore. The nerve.

Reiff was touted as LTOTF

Hopefully the raiders jack this up. Want NOTHING to do with trading up

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:

Why did you draft Reiff?

You took Reiff because he was the best player available who also was extremely flexible (can play three to four positions on the offensive line). When you see the opportunity to upgrade your left tackle position - you should go for it. For example, look no further than Kansas City, they are planning to select a left tackle first overall regardless if they can move Branden Albert. Why is that? Because they are the best player in the draft and they upgrade their left tackle position and offensive line as a whole.

And, yes, while the Lions are more than one player away - they are still a talented team and came look for quality over quantity at this time in their rebuilding process. If Eric Fisher or Luke Joeckel can have the same impact Matt Kalil had for Minnesota last year, the Lions should be willing to give a third and possibly even more for that type of impact.
LionsFan#1Pick

detfan782004 wrote:

Why did you draft Reiff?

First off, this is a rumor coming out the day before the draft...there are going to be a lot of them. Don't concern yourself with every little rumor, about 90% will be bs. No reason to flip out. Second of all, there are five spots on the offensive line. Even if Reiff ends up as a solid starter at RT or G, all you've invested is a mid-20s pick where he was without a doubt the BPA. Not a catastrophe by any means. Drafting Fisher doesn't make the Reiff pick a bad pick, I don't understand that argument at all.

That said, I agree with your last statement. We are more than one player away. If you're going to trade up for someone, Fisher is the guy to trade up for, but I don't think it's worth giving up the assets it would require to do it. To sum up my position if this were to go down, I would be happy we got Fisher, but I'll need to see what we gave up before I judge. I also think there is a good chance this will be moot as a result of Joeckel - Fisher going #1 and #2.
TheROARisBACK

I don't get the one player away argument when were talking about fourth, fifth, and sixth (based off the Cleveland trade) were not talking about premium picks being given up and we have the compensatory fourth rounder if its really that much of a concern.
DrRay11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheROARisBACK wrote:
I don't get the one player away argument when were talking about fourth, fifth, and sixth (based off the Cleveland trade) were not talking about premium picks being given up and we have the compensatory fourth rounder if its really that much of a concern.

The fourth is not trade-able, for the record. I don't want to be giving up next year's third, either.
LionsFan#1Pick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheROARisBACK wrote:

That comp fourth is our only fourth round pick. If we were to give up a #4, #5, and #6, we would have no picks in those rounds.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan#1Pick wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Why did you draft Reiff?

First off, this is a rumor coming out the day before the draft...there are going to be a lot of them. Don't concern yourself with every little rumor, about 90% will be bs. No reason to flip out. Second of all, there are five spots on the offensive line. Even if Reiff ends up as a solid starter at RT or G, all you've invested is a mid-20s pick where he was without a doubt the BPA. Not a catastrophe by any means. Drafting Fisher doesn't make the Reiff pick a bad pick, I don't understand that argument at all.

That said, I agree with your last statement. We are more than one player away. If you're going to trade up for someone, Fisher is the guy to trade up for, but I don't think it's worth giving up the assets it would require to do it. To sum up my position if this were to go down, I would be happy we got Fisher, but I'll need to see what we gave up before I judge. I also think there is a good chance this will be moot as a result of Joeckel - Fisher going #1 and #2.

Any player at 5/picks lost in trade>>>>>>Fisher/Joekel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: