Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Are the Bills seriously considering Nassib at 8?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beast M0de

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Are the Bills seriously considering Nassib at 8? Reply with quote

I know Doug Marrone and him have a connection through Syracuse but are we seriously considering Nassib at 8? I don't think we are and I don't think we will but all the buzz the past few days has me worrying. I just can't see it happening.

The value is terrible. Ryan Nassib wouldn't even be considered being a 1st rounder if the Bills never hired Marrone. I consider all the QBs in this draft around the same tier (Smith, Nassib, Barkley, Manuel, Glennon) so why take Nassib at 8 when we can easily grab one of these 5 with our second round pick or trade into the tail end of the 1st round and snag our QB. Taking Nassib at 8 is awful value when we could have a talent like (Austin, Mingo, Jones) at 8 and then draft Manuel, Nassib, Barkley, Glennon in the 2nd.

Buddy Nix said this offseason that his draft philosophy is to take BPA at a position of need and we know our needs are QB, WR, LB; Nassib wouldn't make sense . I also don't believe Nix/Whaley want to draft Nassib because it sets up the regime as Marrone & Nassib. If Nassib fails in the 2-3 years he's here, Marrone would be gone as well; they'd be tied together. It'd turn into the relationship of Gailey-Fitzpatrick and I don't want to have to see that again.

I'm not saying I'm against drafting Nassib but I'll be very pissed tomorrow night if we select Nassib at 8 instead of a more talented player like Geno Smith, Austin, Mingo, Milliner, Jarvis jones, etc. If we pass on him at 8, he drops like a fly to the end of the 1st/2nd. The Jets are not going to draft Nassib at 9 or 13. Not going to happen.

But I also don't see why this would be a smokescreen. The Bills would have no reason so that leads me to believe that they're actually considering him. What are your thoughts about selecting him at 8? My gut is telling me it's either going to be Geno Smith, Tavon Austin or Matt Barkley. Picking Austin would remind me a lot of Nix's pick of CJ Spiller a couple years ago. Most talented player available which we need on offense. Spiller, Austin, Graham is alot of speed on the field at the same time. I'm hoping for Austin.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, nothing would surprise me. I really hope we're just talking him up to get someone else to take him, but honestly I could see it.

I would absolutely hate it, but it wouldn't surprise me.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
joutman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Nassib Reply with quote

I am with you. I thought it was a smokescreen until the draft luncheon when Buddy talked about 2 franchise QB's in this draft. I would rather roll the dice with Kolb and Jackson this year and take bpa at 8. You can't be careless at potentially get a dud with our first pick. I actually think Barkley is the pick. I think they are trying to entice the Jets to move ahead of us and take Nassib. In Chris Brown's mock he has us taking Manuel with our 8th. We certainly could probably get him in the 2nd and pick up an extra draft pick in the process.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think with the bills signing of two LB this offseason and possibly Dansby I don't see that as an urgent need. So I don't think a guy like mingo would be the bills pick at 8.

drafting Austin would be a terrible idea the bills need a big target they already have small targets with graham and spiller. They need a big target for the end zone so again I don't see the bills drafting Austin. Bills do need to draft a wr and I think the 2nd round is where they plan on taking the wr like Hopkins, Patterson, allen, hunter, patton and woods possibly being there at 41.

So if you look at it the bills will land a wr and not reach for one at 8. So if the bills wait until 3rd round to draft a qb I only see Wilson, brey type qb and people have their opinions but I do not want either one and I want a more polished qb. Do I think nassib is the guy at 8 no but I think qb is starting to become an option. I truly think bills will trade down and they have made It known that they could move down and still land the player they want. The problem is will anyone be willing to move up and give the bills a couple extra picks along with them moving down and taking nassib, barkley, ej, or geno in the late teens or 20s.

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like you Beast Mode, I see the pick at 8 being either Geno, Barkley or Austin. A Dark horse pick would be Dee Milliner and Patterson.

I'll be shocked if Nassib is the pick...well not shocked but surprised.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would I be mad if we took Nassib at 8? No. Would I be excited? No. Just a blah move that will have the fan base up in arms. But in the words of TO, he's my quarterback :'(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nassib is getting a lot of love right now. Not just from Buffalo. Someone on SI has him as the #1 overall player. Jaws had him as the #2 QB in this draft (Barkley isnt even in his top 5). Many others have him as the #3 QB. His stock is rising every minute it seems. He is not making it to 41. Seems Bills are trying to trade down which believes me to think Bills do in fact want Nassib.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
SI.com's Peter King is hearing the Bills are "seriously targeting" USC's Matt Barkley.

Although Barkley's arm-strength concerns would be amplified in the inclement Buffalo weather, Marrone is an avowed fan of the quarterback's game.

After Barkley diced up Syracuse's defense with 324 yards and five touchdowns in a 2011 meeting, Marrone intimated that he would have rivaled Robert Griffin III as the second quarterback drafted last April had he not opted to stay in school.

"I was one of a couple people that was hoping he'd go on to the NFL," Marrone said last October according to CBSSports.com. "I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I'm happy he's back."

Marrone went on to rave about Barkley's intangibles, pocket presence, patience and football IQ

Bills reportedly eyeing Barkley, not Nassib

I hope this is true.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tavon Austin if geno is gone
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beast M0de wrote:
Quote:
SI.com's Peter King is hearing the Bills are "seriously targeting" USC's Matt Barkley.

Although Barkley's arm-strength concerns would be amplified in the inclement Buffalo weather, Marrone is an avowed fan of the quarterback's game.

After Barkley diced up Syracuse's defense with 324 yards and five touchdowns in a 2011 meeting, Marrone intimated that he would have rivaled Robert Griffin III as the second quarterback drafted last April had he not opted to stay in school.

"I was one of a couple people that was hoping he'd go on to the NFL," Marrone said last October according to CBSSports.com. "I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I'm happy he's back."

Marrone went on to rave about Barkley's intangibles, pocket presence, patience and football IQ

I hope this is true.
Why do you people like Barkley so much? I have dropped him down my list to #6. He is so overrated by Bills fans. I think a majority of you guys like him because he is a big name with media coverage. There is a reason he went from being the #1 pick to now a potential 3rd rounder.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Beast M0de wrote:
Quote:

I hope this is true.
Why do you people like Barkley so much? I have dropped him down my list to #6. He is so overrated by Bills fans. I think a majority of you guys like him because he is a big name with media coverage. There is a reason he went from being the #1 pick to now a potential 3rd rounder.

Can't speak on behalf of anyone else, but for me..

I like Barkley because of his intelligence. His knowledge of the game and ability to read a defense is unmatched by anyone in the last decade. I've seen him make every throw, so his arm strength is no concern whatsoever. He is a natural leader and truly loves the game of football. I would love to see what Hackett can do with this kid. He improved Nassib marginally, I can only imagine what he could do with the smarter and physically more gifted Barkley.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Beast M0de

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:

Give the kid a break. He was considered one of the top QB's of his draft class all the way up until his senior year of college. He was the number one prospect coming out of HS and lived up to the hype. He was considered a top 5 pick if he went out last year. Regardless if he had a poor senior year or not, you can't deny he's a more talented thrower than Nassib. I'm not a HUGE fan of Barkley but if I had to choose a QB at #8 between Barkley and Nassib, it's a no brainer IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beast M0de wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

Give the kid a break. He was considered one of the top QB's of his draft class all the way up until his senior year of college. He was the number one prospect coming out of HS and lived up to the hype. He was considered a top 5 pick if he went out last year. Regardless if he had a poor senior year or not, you can't deny he's a more talented thrower than Nassib. I'm not a HUGE fan of Barkley but if I had to choose a QB at #8 between Barkley and Nassib, it's a no brainer IMO.
Know who else was thought of the top pick till his senior year? Jevan Snead. Where he was ranked in the past has nothing to do where he is now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Beast M0de wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

Know who else was thought of the top pick till his senior year? Jevan Snead. Where he was ranked in the past has nothing to do where he is now.

I think it shows he has the talent.. It's not a sure thing but I think all you need to do is watch tape on Barkley and Nassib. I think it's obvious who has superior talent. Barkley was the number #1 QB coming out of HS while Nassib wasn't even ranked. Barkley was also much more effective at their respected colleges. All this doesn't mean Barkley will be the superior QB in the next level but if I'm reaching for a QB at 8, give me the QB whose been more successful/talented.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Beast M0de wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

Gonna play Devils advocate, but Snead was terrible, I'm still not sure how he was even ranked that high after his junior season. Barkley is much more talented than Snead ever was.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: