Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Draft Day 1- Round 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67, 68  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macklemore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

socallbraider wrote:
Moore put up 12 reps(lolololol)

Cbs can put up 12...I can do 5 and Im almost 50 AND I dont work out often.

he also timed poorly.

He has 35 inch long arms, I'm sure yours are around 28. It's also worth noting that he improved that number to 19 at his pro-day. And anyways that is certainly something that can be improved with a good work ethic.

His 3-cone of 6.95 was not poor either. It wasn't elite but it was good. I think he has the highest upside of any pass rusher not named Ziggy Ansah.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
I'm curious to see just how set Reggie is on taking the BPA. He pretty much said word for word in his presser that he goes strictly off his rankings, not the position-by-position needs of the team. BPA is a great strategy but I think you still need to consider the position and needs of the team. Brown is good and I know we need long-term answers at LB, but I think Warford, Moore, Short, Ertz, Woods, or Allen would be more valuable for the team both short term and long term than Brown or any other LB just by virtue of their position, talent level, and our needs. I wouldnt be upset if we took Brown, I just dont like a strict BPA chart strategy without considering other factors. Just my opinion.

From what I see so far, not only is Reggie about BPA but he is very strict about it.

There are different interpretations of BPA vs. Need, and any GM can take either in a mixture any way they want. It's like right wing vs. left wing, but really everyone's politics can be anywhere between the two extremes based on personal views. Which makes for millions of personal philosophies.

I would say Reggie is extreme BPA, strict. From what I've seen, fill need in free agency as best you can, and go 99% BPA in the draft. That seems to be his outlook.

I think Reggie looks at a few positions of need at once, and picks the BPA out of that specific group of players that is hard working with good character, and is obviously a good football player. Smile

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
socallbraider wrote:

he also timed poorly.

He has 35 inch long arms, I'm sure yours are around 28. It's also worth noting that he improved that number to 19 at his pro-day. And anyways that is certainly something that can be improved with a good work ethic.

His 3-cone of 6.95 was not poor either. It wasn't elite but it was good. I think he has the highest upside of any pass rusher not named Ziggy Ansah.

I thought we already knew Moore wasn't an athletic freak... he just has a high motor and will be a solid to average player. Average at everything, but not bad at anything. Just well rounded I guess.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
ryanTHEtrojan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Idk. I'm an FSU fan and I don't like Tank as much as some of you. I think he's a potential pick, plus there's the ACL thing.

D. Moore I'm also not crazy about unless we switch to a 3-4, I think he's too small to play 4-3 DE. Okafor I would love as a 3-4 OLB more than Tank or Moore.

1. Jonathan Hankins
2. Jonathan Cyprien
3. Alex Okafor
4. Zach Ertz
5. Larry Warford

Woudln't mind SHort, and wouldn't Hate Moore or Tank, just not my first choice.

I think we can all acknowledge the fact that we're not going to be very good this year, which is why I think a Tank pick, regardless of his ACL, will be ok. Everyone keeps saying how he would have been a top 10 or 15 pick if he hadnt been injured. We won't be in a win-now/rush-him-back mode so he can take his time rehabbing and hopefully getting back to his true form.

A healthy Tank alongside maybe.....Clowney? Whoa. Even though I sure as hell wouldnt want to be drafting that high next year, one can dream
Oaktown

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Hayden will wear #25
Djackson205

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Thats not true at all. Moore in phenomenal in pursuit. Say what you want about his speed/strength...the man makes his mind up fast, generally takes the right angle, and explodes to the ball. Its really amazing how much ground he makes up when he sees the ball carrier. Its a pretty important attribute in my opinion
holyghost

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

socallbraider wrote:

he also timed poorly.

Looks like GB got my target player...
Im all over the map now...jonathan franklin will go early in the second and If he was there @ our pick he would be hard to pass up for me...I Like Okafopr EVEN more now that we missed on the 1st round D-linemen..
But, Im tellin you guys ,B/U running back is vital. we have lost our starting RB nearly every year since 2003 for 2 games or more.Stewart and the kid from the Jags will not get it done. having a young runner with a strong history and college workload would be important as we become a grind it out running team.

12 at the combine, strained himself.
19 at the pro day. Did you miss that part.

Timed slow, but that's why a guy whose spotless college production like his, and great game tape, falls to the 2nd in the 1st place.

Backup running back is vital, but not in the 2nd. Such guys can be had all throughout the draft if you know how to scout. Not a single RB was picked in the 1st. Shows how much they are coveted.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie lacey or damontre moore please.

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oaktown wrote:
DJ Hayden will wear #25

Not bad, dont mind that at all.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
socallbraider

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
socallbraider wrote:

he also timed poorly.

Looks like GB got my target player...
Im all over the map now...jonathan franklin will go early in the second and If he was there @ our pick he would be hard to pass up for me...I Like Okafopr EVEN more now that we missed on the 1st round D-linemen..
But, Im tellin you guys ,B/U running back is vital. we have lost our starting RB nearly every year since 2003 for 2 games or more.Stewart and the kid from the Jags will not get it done. having a young runner with a strong history and college workload would be important as we become a grind it out running team.
You can get a backup running back later in the draft, It would be stupid to take one with our 2nd round pick.

No.
Franklin is a Pro Bowl talent and our RB not only gets hurt a lot,but is in a contract year.The round a player is taken in doesnt promise,or eclude them from success.
Greg Beikert was a 7th round pick
Arian Foster was a UDFA

23 of the players in the 2010 probowl were UDFAs.
the bust rate for 1st round players is almost 50%

This is why you make a big board and take the best available regadless of need .What is stupid is passing on an elite talent because of more "pressing" issues.
agarcia34

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Oakland will go QB with the second pick not with this deep class Oakland needs players who can start and play I wouldn't want a QB till round 4.
Bleedin_Silver

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the Barkley rumor is just a smoke screen to get other teams to trade up for QBs so that way guys we want may fall to us at 42. With the Jets rumored to want to trade up for Geno, that could be the first domino to fall and start a run on QBs

RAIDER NATION
holyghost

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Silver wrote:
I hope the Barkley rumor is just a smoke screen to get other teams to trade up for QBs so that way guys we want may fall to us at 42. With the Jets rumored to want to trade up for Geno, that could be the first domino to fall and start a run on QBs

I fully expct a run on QBs to happen. We are back to the draft section with the QB needy teams. Nassib, Barkley, Smith, Glennon may all go in the first half of the 2nd, and I can't imagine at least 2 don't go.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do still need a answer at qb let's not act like we don't. And Barkley aka blonde brees is looking a bit intriguing right about now. Wink
raidr4life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
We do still need a answer at qb let's not act like we don't. And Barkley aka blonde brees is looking a bit intriguing right about now. Wink
We can find the answer next year. This team need to get ugrade in other areas before bringing in a QB who wont play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67, 68  Next
Page 66 of 68

Jump to: