Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Draft Day 1- Round 1
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Official Draft Day 1- Round 1 Reply with quote

Draft day is tomorrow fellas. I havent been this stoked for years. Has there ever been a draft that there is so much uncertainty with who we may select?

PICKS

1. (12) CB - DJ Hayden (Houston)

TRADES

-Raiders Trade the #3 pick to Miami for a 1st (#12) and a 2nd (#42)
-

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.

Last edited by RaidersAreOne on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:46 am; edited 12 times in total
NickButera

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is going to be our official draft thread, please keep the first post updated with draft picks, trades, and/or any other acquisitions we get. i was going to do this myself,. but if you're on top of it that's ok.

(I helped get you started Wink )

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be alright with Ansah.....Sharrif Floyd too.
I want Eric Fisher though.

Could you imagine Luke Joekel falling? lmao oh boy. Also I do believe it'd be a each to go Ansah 3rd but if RM likes him like that then shoot for it. I have hopes that we will be trading down though where we'll get Ansah ultimately.

Sharrif Floyd at 3rd seems the most realistic though. I hope he turns out like Geno Atkins if we get him.

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Results from the "Who do you want most at 3" poll:

1. Eric Fisher = 30 votes
2. Star Lotulelei = 13 votes
3a. Dion Jordan = 9 votes
3b. Sharrif Floyd = 9 votes
5. Ziggy Ansah = 8 votes
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/24/report-ravens-consider-trading-up-for-lane-johnson/
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Results from the "Who do you want most at 3" poll:

1. Eric Fisher = 30 votes
2. Star Lotulelei = 13 votes
3a. Dion Jordan = 9 votes
3b. Sharrif Floyd = 9 votes
5. Ziggy Ansah = 8 votes

Can we do two more?
Poll B with Jordan, Floyd, Ansah, strictly poll no debate there is enough already.

Then a third poll C with the Fisher, Star and the winner of poll B.
Big Rob

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/24/report-ravens-consider-trading-up-for-lane-johnson/

doubt that happens, Ozzie loves his picks and he has some holes that need filling, hed have to get into the top 10 and let go of a bunch of picks to move up 25 spots...
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

doubt that happens, Ozzie loves his picks and he has some holes that need filling, hed have to get into the top 10 and let go of a bunch of picks to move up 25 spots...

Ya to move up that high he would have to give a lot. MIA I could see. BAL not so much. Makes more sense for Balt to trade for Albert than MIA.
socallbraider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think relavant talent is imprtant in player evaluation.
Ansah playing NT @ 271 and dominating a confrence that has undersized linemen on every team is a concern to me.

Playing DE against a 6'6" 350 lb athletic tackle there is the potential of him getting ate up. for every JPP, there is an Aaron Maybin...I would rather go with a player with more exoerience in a confrence that produces NLF level talent year in and year out..the sec production of "mediocre" talent suggests to me atleast they are producing NFL players..The MWC really just isnt.

USC may have stunk last season, but the play a pro system with coaches that have coached at the Pro level and regardless of record they send a bunch of kids into the NFL year in year out...IDK what kind of Pro Ansah will be, But He is too great a risk for where we are in developing this roster...obviously if he comes out and dominates then we let one get away...but if he doesnt...we just inched RM closer to the unemployment line and that is for SURE.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

socallbraider wrote:
IDK what kind of Pro Ansah will be, But He is too great a risk for where we are in developing this roster...obviously if he comes out and dominates then we let one get away...but if he doesnt...we just inched RM closer to the unemployment line and that is for SURE.

I find that kind of debatable. If there were more blue chippers then I would agree with you. But this year? We're in the gray area imo.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Ya to move up that high he would have to give a lot. MIA I could see. BAL not so much. Makes more sense for Balt to trade for Albert than MIA.

They can't take on huge contracts with their 20M/year QB. They have to protect that 20M investment though. If the value to trade up in this year's draft is at an all time low, like it's being suggested and with all the picks they have and will get once again next year (comp picks), they might make a move. Not saying it's likely but there are particular circumstances that could make it happen.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

They can't take on huge contracts with their 20M/year QB. They have to protect that 20M investment though. If the value to trade up in this year's draft is at an all time low, like it's being suggested and with all the picks they have and will get once again next year (comp picks), they might make a move. Not saying it's likely but there are particular circumstances that could make it happen.

duh, didnt even think about that. Forgot about their cap situation.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
socallbraider wrote:
IDK what kind of Pro Ansah will be, But He is too great a risk for where we are in developing this roster...obviously if he comes out and dominates then we let one get away...but if he doesnt...we just inched RM closer to the unemployment line and that is for SURE.

I find that kind of debatable. If there were more blue chippers then I would agree with you. But this year? We're in the gray area imo.

That's my issue.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had to laugh about this:

http://instagram.com/p/YfR-t8mM7f/#

I like the guy, think he's going to be a hell of a NB, but this really shows he doesn't get it. You're celebrating what exactly as you're not getting picked in the 1st round? And is an after party a good idea given your history? Even if it's just an innocent after party, the perception is bad.

Also, didn't he say he was done with 'the honey badger' stuff?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
Page 1 of 68

Jump to: