Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General NFL Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Jerry just said it again:

"Fredrick and maybe someone else added to the line will make it a lot easier on Romo"

Seems evident we are upgrading the line some more.

Who else are we going to add at this point?

Winston..? That doesn't get me exicted at all.

Clabo would be nice

I think Winston is more of a ZBS type player...with the selection of Frederick, I believe we're going to stick with more of a power blocking scheme - which leads me to believe Clabo will be brought in.

^^^Deadpulse
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
But our o-line coach has a direct pipeline to Wisconsin, and we took our first round o-lineman from there...

Things that should make people go "hmmmm"

Does he? Who does he know that is still in Wisconsin?
I honestly don't know. Just repeating what I heard on the radio... Don't even remember if it was Fan or Ticket.

My bad spreading unconfirmed gossip.
footballfan2013

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: 2013 NFL Draft Selections Jersey Numbers Reply with quote

Here are the jersey numbers for 2013 NFL Draft Class for the Dallas Cowboys.

1. 70, Travis Frederick, C
2. 89, Gavin Escobar, TE
3. 83, Terrance Williams, WR
4. 27, J.J. Wilcox, S
5. 20, B.W. Webb, CB
6. 35, Joseph Randle, HB
7. 57, DeVonte Holloman, OLB
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 NFL Draft Selections Jersey Numbers Reply with quote

footballfan2013 wrote:

2. 89, Gavin Escobar, TE
4. 27, J.J. Wilcox, S
5. 20, B.W. Webb, CB
6. 35, Joseph Randle, HB

Honestly i can see all of these guys getting plenty of playing time in the next few years, so get used to their numbers. I think all of these guys can make the roster, and many of them play a healthy number of snaps.

Frederick #70--should start at center for the next decade or so.
Immediate Starter.

Escobar #89--should at least get a lot of chances to prove himself in the next couple years. Hopefully he turns out better than Fasano and Bennett.
Escobar and Williams share a kind of starting role. It depends what kind of formation we are in. Both should see a lot of playing time early.

Williams #83--I love this guy. He should see an increased amount of snaps as the season goes on. Ultimately i think he and Dez develop into one of the better duos in the league. If he shows a lot of promise Miles could be shown the door for cap reasons.
Escobar and Williams share a kind of starting role. It depends what kind of formation we are in. Both should see a lot of playing time early.

Wilcox #27--Could very well start at safety this season. He will be in the running the next few years for sure. If he is as good as the staff believes we could have a long term starter back there.
Potential starter as early as this season.

Webb#20--I didnt want to draft a corner, but i really like this kid. He fits the scheme very well and should really push for playing time. With Carr and Claiborne as our starters for at least the next four years, he will have to fight for the 3rd or 4th spot for now, but could ultimately develop well enough that we can cut scandrick for cap reasons as well.
Could push for the 3rd/4th corner spot immediately

Randle #35-- He will come in and spell Murray, and be the lead back if Murray goes down. Who knows maybe he is our future starter. I know many didnt think much of Murray when he was drafted.
Second string running back

Hollowman #57-- With Durant in front of him for the next two seasons it may be hard for him to get a large amount of snaps, but if Durant is gone after two years Hollowman could be in the discussion to take over the SLB position.
Second or third string SLB--depends if Albright or Butler get any work here (it seems they are both DE's though).

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 NFL Draft Selections Jersey Numbers Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:
footballfan2013 wrote:

2. 89, Gavin Escobar, TE
4. 27, J.J. Wilcox, S
5. 20, B.W. Webb, CB
6. 35, Joseph Randle, HB

Honestly i can see all of these guys getting plenty of playing time in the next few years, so get used to their numbers. I think all of these guys can make the roster, and many of them play a healthy number of snaps.

Frederick #70--should start at center for the next decade or so.
Immediate Starter.

Escobar #89--should at least get a lot of chances to prove himself in the next couple years. Hopefully he turns out better than Fasano and Bennett.

Williams #83--I love this guy. He should see an increased amount of snaps as the season goes on. Ultimately i think he and Dez develop into one of the better duos in the league. If he shows a lot of promise Miles could be shown the door for cap reasons.

Wilcox #27--Could very well start at safety this season. He will be in the running the next few years for sure. If he is as good as the staff believes we could have a long term starter back there.
Potential starter as early as this season.

Webb#20--I didnt want to draft a corner, but i really like this kid. He fits the scheme very well and should really push for playing time. With Carr and Claiborne as our starters for at least the next four years, he will have to fight for the 3rd or 4th spot for now, but could ultimately develop well enough that we can cut scandrick for cap reasons as well.
Could push for the 3rd/4th corner spot immediately

Randle #35-- He will come in and spell Murray, and be the lead back if Murray goes down. Who knows maybe he is our future starter. I know many didnt think much of Murray when he was drafted.
Second string running back

Hollowman #57-- With Durant in front of him for the next two seasons it may be hard for him to get a large amount of snaps, but if Durant is gone after two years Hollowman could be in the discussion to take over the SLB position.
Second or third string SLB--depends if Albright or Butler get any work here (it seems they are both DE's though).

Butler signed with New Orleans.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random musing of the morning...

This Draft Could possibly have the most D1 Starters in Franchise history.

We know Frederick will start. Escobar will also likely start. Wilcox and Holloman will compete on Defense to start. Depending how you view NCB, Webb could fight with Scan to "start." And however unlikely William will likely compete against Austin to Start. Which would leave us everyone but Randle.

Now I know that won't happen. We won't have 6 start rookies. But it's just interesting to see how it measures up going into training camp.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Random musing of the morning...

This Draft Could possibly have the most D1 Starters in Franchise history.

We know Frederick will start. Escobar will also likely start. Wilcox and Holloman will compete on Defense to start. Depending how you view NCB, Webb could fight with Scan to "start." And however unlikely William will likely compete against Austin to Start. Which would leave us everyone but Randle.

Now I know that won't happen. We won't have 6 start rookies. But it's just interesting to see how it measures up going into training camp.

I don't think they will be day 1 starters, but I think there's a very good chance of Williams and Randle getting I jury starts this year.
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 NFL Draft Selections Jersey Numbers Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Butler signed with New Orleans.

Late to respond to this. I meant Wilber. Always get those two names messed up.

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
ThePlaymaker86

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frederick - Starter

Escobar - Should be the 2nd TE and will receive plenty of playing time if we run a lot of 12 and 13 formations as planned

Williams - WR is a hard position to learn. I don't think I see him leapfrogging Harris (Whom I loved at the end of the season). His PT might be contingent on if we sustain any injuries at the position.

Wilcox - He's only played one year at Safety. I can't see him starting, but hopefully he makes an impact on ST's because he sounds like he has a nose for the ball.

Randle - Backup RB and will probably start (He has to be better than Tanner and Dunbar) if Murray is injured, again.

Holloman - ST's player. Hopefully he can make an impact there, like Wilcox

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52
Page 52 of 52

Jump to: