Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General NFL Draft Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: General NFL Draft Discussion Reply with quote

We will use this thread to discuss the other 31 NFL teams draft picks.

The 1st Round starts tomorrow (4/25/13 @ 8PM EST).

Let's lay down some ground rules for this week.

Everyone needs to remember that the Forum Rules still apply, regardless of what transpires. I can assure you that there will be picks that you don't like, whether those be for us or another team. We want you guys to express your excitement or dismay with picks (mostly dismay because I'm sadistic like that ), but it needs to be done in a way that follows forum rules. You guys are a great bunch, I'd hate to lose one of you because you flipped out over us picking a player. If you have to, step away a bit and compose yourself.

The forum is going to run slow. I can guarantee you this. Every year, we break the forum record for most users online at once on day one of the draft, and this year will be no different. It would be a good idea to scout out the forum before the draft (like right after you get done in this thread), and bookmark any forums or threads that you expect to be going into a lot during the draft. This will really help you get around a lot easier. Also, if you try posting something and it's taking forever to go through, don't keep clicking the post button. It's just going to make it post multiple times and slow the forum down even more. Just wait it out.

I also ask that you do not post pictures or gifs on the forum during this time. They slow down the forum a lot with all the traffic that we get. If I see any, they will be deleted. If you feel that a picture is important or you want to post one, just link to the photo instead of using the img tags.

New this year, we're asking that members following the draft via Twitter don't spoil the picks for others that are watching the picks come in on TV. From my understading, we'll have a thread in the NFL Draft forum that allows spoilers, but aside from that, please refrain from spoiling the picks for your brethren.

Most of all, everyone have fun with the draft this coming weekend, as it's the culmination of the part of the NFL season that brought many of us to the site in the first place. This is why we're here, enjoy yourself and have a great time.

Separate threads can be made to discuss each individual draft pick that the Cowboys make.

Anyone with any questions, feel free to PM me.

Thanks,
- D82

^^^Deadpulse

Last edited by Desperado82 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on 49ers, trade up for the Jets second pick, so Cooper can drop to us. Alot of people projecting Titans to take Warmack. I don't see it after signing Levitre.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it odd I haven't heard of KC being in contract talks with anyone. I wounder if this is a byproduct of the Rookie Wage.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Come on 49ers, trade up for the Jets second pick, so Cooper can drop to us. Alot of people projecting Titans to take Warmack. I don't see it after signing Levitre.

I don't see Tennessee taking Warmack either because of that same reason.

There seems to be some rumors that the Jets might trade both picks to Oakland to take Milliner. I've also read quite a few reports that don't have them targeting an OG.

^^^Deadpulse
pierrepet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I find it odd I haven't heard of KC being in contract talks with anyone. I wounder if this is a byproduct of the Rookie Wage.

I too find it odd. If I were KC, I would be in negotiations with both Fischer and Joekyl and see which one gives me the best price.

Ironm1ke: "I am a huge Eli supporter, but his 2012 campaign was an epic turd."
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pierrepet wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

I too find it odd. If I were KC, I would be in negotiations with both Fischer and Joekyl and see which one gives me the best price.

They called Shariff Floyd a couple nights ago.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chatzy.com

/81583110891165

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.

Last edited by Matts4313 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:27 pm; edited 4 times in total
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/24/bills-fear-jets-will-take-ryan-nassib/

Sal Pal reporting.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be the most unpredictable draft I've ever watched. If nothing else, it should be fantastic entertainment!

Thanks for the sig LORK!

Official Supporter of "The Process."
buckwild

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pierrepet wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Rookie wage scale. No nedd to negotiate as all positions make the same money. $$$ depends only on where you are chosen.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
pierrepet wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Rookie wage scale. No nedd to negotiate as all positions make the same money. $$$ depends only on where you are chosen.

Only negotiation is how much is guaranteed. It's so cheap now, that most team guarantee the whole contract on the top 10 picks.
star20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:

There seems to be some rumors that the Jets might trade both picks to Oakland to take Milliner. I've also read quite a few reports that don't have them targeting an OG.
I can not see tenn taking a guard at RG at 10 and can't see jets taking a CB. Don't forget they still have Comartie a top 5 CB and drafted a CB 2 years ago in the first Kyle Wilson. Think they will go OLB and Safety if they went anything. Possibly WR. Teams that cowboys got to watch are Dolphins Rams and Bears.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

star20 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:

I can not see tenn taking a guard at RG at 10 and can't see jets taking a CB. Don't forget they still have Comartie a top 5 CB and drafted a CB 2 years ago in the first Kyle Wilson. Think they will go OLB and Safety if they went anything. Possibly WR. Teams that cowboys got to watch are Dolphins Rams and Bears.

True...maybe they take a look at Vaccaro?

The Bears pick at #20, and I don't see them trading up. I have to imagine Miami is going to be looking at CB considering they lost Sean Smith to free agency. Rams are a possibility, but that still leaves one of the two left for us at #18.

^^^Deadpulse
star20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
star20 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:

True...maybe they take a look at Vaccaro?

The Bears pick at #20, and I don't see them trading up. I have to imagine Miami is going to be looking at CB considering they lost Sean Smith to free agency. Rams are a possibility, but that still leaves one of the two left for us at #18.
Mia main need is DB, but the guards are in last year of there contracts and they could see this as a opportunity to upgrade. Plus with two 2nds they could go for a Johnathan Banks in the 2nd assuming they feel Rhodes is a Reach. There has been a lot of talk about them taken Tyler Eifert as of late, but I don't see that either as they stole Keller away from they Jets and is a highly under rated TE.

Last edited by star20 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need someone to pull the trigger on Gino Smith (like within the top 5 picks) and hope that it causes teams like the Bills/Browns/Jets to use their 1st on a QB and not wiat till the 2nd. Im hopeing for this, and hopeing that it causes a little run on QBs, hopefully 3 get picked before us. This along with a WR&CB reach or two will help push more talent our way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 1 of 52

Jump to: