Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft: Day 2 Desires
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Draft: Day 2 Desires Reply with quote

I know i have a similar thread, but i thought this'd be more direct for the draft

Make a Big board of who you want from Day 2 (2nd and 3rd round)

Red=PLayers taken
---------------------------------------

My List:

Khaseeme Green
Jesse WIlliams
Datone Jones
Kyle Long
Keenan Allen
Terron Armstead
Damontre Moore
Terrence Williams
-
Marquis Wilson
Jordan Reed
Gavin Escabar
John Simon
Da'Rick Rogers
Mark Harrison
Barrett Jones
Kiko Alonso
Alex Okafor

----

SoS

2nd
Da'Rick Rogers
Datone Jones
Kyle Long
Terron Armstead
Kawann Short
Quinton Patton
3rd
DeVonte Holloman
Dallas Thomas
Jordan Reed
Vance McDonald
Gavin Escobar
Chris Harper

---------------

Tats

Jordan Reed
Kyle Long
DJ Swearinger
Jamar Taylor
Khaseem Greene
Jonathan Banks

--------------

Pie Romania
Round 2:
- Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern
- Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
- Terron Armstead, OT/Project, Arkansas-Pine Bluff

Round 3:
- DJ Swearinger, S, South Carolina
- Keenan Allen, WR, California
- Khaseem Greene, WLB, Rutgers

-------------

BIGJOE

Kyle Long
Zach Ertz
Jamie Collins
Vance Mcdonald
Brian Schwenk
Matt Scott
Logan Ryan
Zac Dysert

--------------
Klyon

OT Kyle Long
LB Khaseem Greene
OT Terron Armstead
WR Keenan Allen

TE Jordan Reed
WR Da'Rick Rodgers
OG Larry Warford
S Shamarko Thomas

----------------

WhoDat

Jamie COllins

----------------

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012

Last edited by imani on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:44 pm; edited 12 times in total
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While WLB is a top need for us, I have essentially crossed the position off of our 2nd round board. With the way this team drafts for value, I just cannot see them taking a 2-down WLB with their top pick when we are in the Nickel package quite a bit.

I feel this pick is almost guaranteed to be spent on the DLine or OLine, and most likely the latter. Guard prospects like Dallas Thomas and Kyle Long would be very nice pick ups here. If someone falls like Terron Armstead, I could see us swoop him up and develop as a RT. Brian Winters could be an under the radar name to look out for as he reportedly has rising stock into the 2nd round (though I don't see him being that good).

For DLine, Kawann Short makes sense though I'm not a huge fan. He has effort issues that Dan Quinn would have to get through. It'd be a dream come true if somehow Sylvester Williams fell here.

I also see an outside chance for a WR or CB. We've reportedly been interested in several 2nd round type WRs, most notably Quinton Patton. CB could also be a high value pick if someone like Johnthan Banks were to fall.

In the 3rd round, WLB may become an option if the value is there. TE now becomes a very realistic option and even a SS could be picked for our Bandit packages. Sean Porter of Texas A&M is a guy I like, though he'll likely be there in the 4th round. Jelani Jenkins of Florida could be a guy the team likes and depending on what they're looking for Zavier Gooden could be an option as well.

TE Jordan Reed of Florida, Vance McDonald of Rice, or Gavin Escobar of San Diego State would all be really solid picks. If a WR isn't selected in the 2nd I could see that be a high value position here with guys like Da'Rick Rogers and Chris Harper being great gambles.

I'm pretty excited to see what we do. I don't see us moving around as much this draft as we've seen in the past.
imani

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

couldn't tell if you truly desired patton and banks or not.... Laughing

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

imani

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, tats and yourself got me into Reed last year and I like Gavin in the role Miller plays currently...allowing zach to be more involved

Good 3rd round choices

wwhickok wrote:

Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm slacking this year.. I'll throw something together and add to it later. I like Reed, but I'd rather get him in the early 4th. Pretty big fan of Kyle Long. Swearinger, Jamar Taylor, Khaseem Greene, and Jonathan Banks are all 2nd rounders I like.

Someone I don't want us to draft but love as a prospect is Christine Michael out of T A&M. I think he has top 10 potential at RB.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my Seahawks mock draft:

Round 2: Tennessee Tech WR Da'Rick Rogers
Note: I'm growing more and more convinced that Seattle is looking for a WR to act as their replacement for Sidney Rice, Golden Tate, or both. Rogers is a top 15 talent that is clearly fallen since being kicked out of UT due to drug issues. Since then he's been completely sober, having taken drug tests weekly for TT and had to attend 100% of his classes, which he did. He seems to be humbled and focused on football now, and it's exactly the type of high value pick-up John and Pete make when they see an immensely talented player have lower value than they should due to past incidents. He possesses ideal Pete Carroll measurables and is a monster after the catch. This would be a huge addition for us as Rogers is an early Anquan Boldin clone.

Round 3: South Carolina WLB/SS DeVonte Holloman
Note: I feel like I can't make a Seattle mock draft without having a surprise pick that the pundits have to hate on. Holloman is widely regarded as a 4th rounder at best, but looks like exactly the type of player Pete and John take in these middle rounds. He's played SS and OLB for the Gamecocks and did everything from rush the passer on the edge to cover TEs in the slot. He has some of the better instincts in this entire class and possesses the positional versatility this staff loves. Mark my word, Holloman is a player this staff has circled.

Round 4: Illinois OG Hugh Thornton
Note: I've really been plugging for us to take Thornton for some guard competition, and I fear he won't be there by the time we're up in the 4th. After taking a WR in the 2nd and LB in the 3rd, I think we need to address our biggest hole on the roster. Thornton allows us to cut either McQuistin or Moffitt. Thornton is a former state wrestling champ that is strong like a boar on the interior.

Round 5(viaOAK): Louisiana Tech RT Jordan Mills
Note: Mills is a lot like James Carpenter coming out of Alabama but I think he's just a little more light on his feet and should provide a Phil Loadholt type presence at RT. We need competition for Breno.

More to come...
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd: Brandon Williams, DT
Reason: McDaniel can be a rotational piece, but Williams has surprising quickness for a man his size. He can play the Alan Branch role quite effectively from the get-go and can be replaced by Bennett on clear passing situations.

3rd: WR. Rogers, Patton, Swope
Reason: At least one of our WR's is gone soon. Rice is making far too much for what he does and if he doesn't kick it into another gear, he's going to be gone to free up money. Bring someone in now to bring competition to an already good squad and have an eventual replacement secure.

4th: Alvin Bailey, OG
Reason: I think he deserves to go higher than this, but if he's available, he'd be an immediate upgrade at a position of MAJOR need.

5a: Nick Kasa, TE
Reason: He's a project, don't get me wrong, but he has sky high potential. He's big and pretty fast for his size and fights for yards. I'm not particularly fond of McCoy's drops and while Kasa may not develop as planned, he's worth the risk here and will help motivate McCoy to produce consistently.

5b.) Stepfan Taylor or Latavius Murray, RB
Reason: This was the last one I entered in here and I am tired of typing.

6.) Luke Marquardt, OT
Reason: The guy is a big mauler with very good movement for his size. 6'8" 315, I see him as the ideal RT to Cable. He should go higher, but seeing as how he played against weaker competition, he may very well be sitting around at this stage in the draft. He could be our diamond in the rough of this draft.

7.) Dustin Hopkins, K // Caleb Sturgis // Any Kicker
Reason: We need competition here and if we can add some leg to our FG's, that's more points on the scoreboard. This late in the draft, why not?

7.) Brice Butler, WR - CB Convert
Reason: Size, Speed and PC familiarity. Project of the year.

7.) BJ Daniels, QB, USF
Reason: Late round for competition. Quinn isn't a sure thing and neither is a 7th round pick, however, I think he would fit our system VERY well.

7.) Jayson Dimanche, WLB
Reason: Freak of the draft. Since we won't be using a WLB as often IMO, why not try to find a gem to compete with Malcolm Smith? Dimanche is a projected UDFA, so what's wrong with using such a late COMP pick here to see what's up?

I probably made some typos and whatnot, but eh, I am tired and not doing much more. Rounds 5-7, feel free to check youtube if you're unfamiliar with them.
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always be looking for good trade down value is key to this draft or any draft for that matter. If we trade back into the 3rd round we can pick up a 4th or possibly even a future 2nd or 3rd.

Kyle Long is a name that I'm praying will be around at #56 but I'm sure he's long gone by then.

Vance McDonald is another guy that won't last til our 3rd round pick. But again I love his athletic ability.

Day 1 er....2 should be about our Offense. I think our weakness is the offensive line. We are deep but not great at OG but finding a replacement for Giacomini in round 2 will go along ways for improving this team. Breno is on his last year of his contract and don't think he'll be resigned. Therefore an OT would be slightly more valuable than a OG. But finding a guy that is versatile enough to play both would be Paramount.

Zack Miller has really shown his worth in the playoffs but only had 400 yards for us during the season. Finding a big tall weapon over the middle would really help Wilson develop into one of the greatest QBs in the league.

This draft is extremely deep on CB and S waiting until JS and PC money round to find one later in the draft. I agree that it is a need I think they can find a gem in round 4-5.

Back up QB has to be addressed because clipboard beiber isn't someone that can win consistently. If Wilson gets hurt I'd love to see a Matt Scott or Zac Dysert come in and take control of this offense. Bottom line if we can hit on another QB we have so many options available to us. Possibly trade them for draft picks.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da'Rick Rodgers is a guy I love but don't think will be around at our pick.

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
imani

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:

Note: I'm growing more and more convinced that Seattle is looking for a WR to act as their replacement for Sidney Rice, Golden Tate, or both. Rogers is a top 15 talent that is clearly fallen since being kicked out of UT due to drug issues. Since then he's been completely sober, having taken drug tests weekly for TT and had to attend 100% of his classes, which he did. He seems to be humbled and focused on football now, and it's exactly the type of high value pick-up John and Pete make when they see an immensely talented player have lower value than they should due to past incidents. He possesses ideal Pete Carroll measurables and is a monster after the catch. This would be a huge addition for us as Rogers is an early Anquan Boldin clone.

Note: I feel like I can't make a Seattle mock draft without having a surprise pick that the pundits have to hate on. Holloman is widely regarded as a 4th rounder at best, but looks like exactly the type of player Pete and John take in these middle rounds. He's played SS and OLB for the Gamecocks and did everything from rush the passer on the edge to cover TEs in the slot. He has some of the better instincts in this entire class and possesses the positional versatility this staff loves. Mark my word, Holloman is a player this staff has circled.

Note: I've really been plugging for us to take Thornton for some guard competition, and I fear he won't be there by the time we're up in the 4th. After taking a WR in the 2nd and LB in the 3rd, I think we need to address our biggest hole on the roster. Thornton allows us to cut either McQuistin or Moffitt. Thornton is a former state wrestling champ that is strong like a boar on the interior.

Note: Mills is a lot like James Carpenter coming out of Alabama but I think he's just a little more light on his feet and should provide a Phil Loadholt type presence at RT. We need competition for Breno.

More to come...

Save your 4th and 5th rounders for now, im' going to start the "day 3 desires tomorrow". The first round will dictate what we look for day 3

wwhickok wrote:

SoS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:

I don't know, this class is stacked with talent at the WR position, most guys not coming with the red flags that Rogers has. I think he has a solid chance of being a 3rd rounder if anything.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

I don't know, this class is stacked with talent at the WR position, most guys not coming with the red flags that Rogers has. I think he has a solid chance of being a 3rd rounder if anything.
Patterson and Austin are the only guys I see with the same comparable raw WR talent that Rodgers has. If I knew Rodgers would be able to pack on 10lbs. of muscle, I'd probably say he's the most talented true WR. I love his game.

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
SoS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Patterson and Austin are the only guys I see with the same comparable raw WR talent that Rodgers has. If I knew Rodgers would be able to pack on 10lbs. of muscle, I'd probably say he's the most talented true WR. I love his game.

I'm not arguing that, but teams are going to take his character in question the same way Syracuse's Mike Williams saw his value lowered despite being one of the better prospects in that class.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:

More to come...

Yea i think we go WR as well i don't know who though i just think there is so much depth there that one of them is going to be highly rated on Schneiders board.
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 2
Kyle Long OT/ OG Oregon

Zac Ertz TE Stanford

Jamie Collins OLB S. Miss

Round 3
Vance McDonald TE Rice

Brian Schwenke OG California

Logan Ryan CB Rutgers

Round 4
Chase Thomas OLB Stanford

Khalid Holmes C USC

Earl Wolf SS S. Carolina

Round 5 (Oakland)
Reid Fragel OT Ohio St.

Jordan Hill DT Penn state

Stephan Taylor RB Stanford

Round 5
Sanders Commings CB Georgia

JC Trotter OG Cornell

Zack Desert QB Miami OH

Round 6
Tommy Bohana FB Wake Forest

Ricky Wagner OT Wisconsin

Dion Sims TE Mich St.

Round 7 (Buff)
Kenjon Barner RB Oregon

Jake Stonebrenner TE OSU

Garret Gilkey OG Chardon St.

Round 7 (Saints)
Colby Cameron QB L. Tech

Michael Hyde CB Iowa

Braxton Cave OL Notre Same

Round 7 (comp)
Brandon Kaufman WR Eastern Wa

Michael Mauti ILB Penn State

Round 7 (comp)
Dustin Hopkins K Florida St.

Luke Marquandt OT

Marquis Wilson WR WSU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: