Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Green24's Final Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Green24's Final Mock Reply with quote

My last one. Draft coming up in two days. I believe we will trade our fifth round pick to the New Orleans Saints for RB Chris Ivory.

1(9). Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
We finally get a pass rusher from the OLB position. We haven't had a player reach double digit sacks since John Abraham nearly a decade ago. Mingo should change that and do so in a hurry. He is the perfect fit for our defense and Rex Ryan. Mingo fits like a glove in a Rex Ryan defense and he is exactly what our defense is lacking at the moment. The thought of a pass rusher of Mingo's caliber playing behind Muhammad Wilkerson and Quinton Coples is tantalizing to opposing offenses. This is a player that we cannot pass on with the 9th pick in the draft. He is our Aldon Smith.

1(13). Johnathan Cyprien, S, FIU
I know some people might see this as a bit of a reach, but I think this would be an excellent pick. I believe Cyprien is the best safety prospect in this draft and I feel the Jets organization might end up feeling the same way. There is literally not a thing he can't do from the safety position. He is great in run support, great in coverage, and he has a very high football IQ. Look at these three gifs of Cyprien in action:

He will be an elite safety in this league. I think if we want to get our hands on him, we will have to do so with this pick. He will not last much longer.

2(39). Justin Pugh, OG, Syracuse
After passing on the likes of Cooper and Warmack in the first round, we grab our long-term starter at LG in the early second round. Pugh, who was a LT at Syracuse, has the potential to be a standout OG in the NFL. He is a very good fit on the ZBS that we will likely be running under Marty Mornhinweg. He can start at LG from Day One.

3(72). Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati
After losing Dustin Keller in Free Agency and failing to sign a replacement at the position, drafting a TE in the early to mid rounds is imperative. While it is possible we take a look at someone like Zach Ertz in the second round, I think we can wait until the third round to grab Kelce. He is a very talented pass catcher and one that can help fill the void created by Keller's departure. He would be a very good value pick here and another player that can be a starter for us from Day One.

4(106). Zac Dysert, QB, Miami (OH)
I know this is not the draft to take a QB, but I don't think taking someone in the mid rounds would be a bad idea. Dysert is someone the Jets have expressed a lot of interest in over the past few months. He is my favorite of the mid round QBs in this draft. He is not going to be drafted with the expectations of becoming our starter, although he very well could end up doing that.

TRADE
Jets recieve: 4(121), 6(192)
Colts receive: 6(178), 7(215), 2014 4th

4(121). Josh Boyce, WR, TCU
We trade up to secure a very underrated WR who had a standout Combine. This is the second time in three years that we have traded up for a TCU WR. I would say it worked out pretty well last time, as we selected the man who led our team in receiving this past season, Jeremy Kerley. I think reuniting this college WR duo can be a great help for our offense.

6(192). Kyle Juszczyk, FB, Harvard
An upgrade to Lex Hilliard is needed and Juszczyk provides that. He is widely regarded as the best FB prospect in this class, despite playing his college ball at Harvard. He is another Day One starter for us. We have drafted a lot of those.

Depth Chart
QB: Mark Sanchez // David Garrard // Zac Dysert // Greg McElroy
RB: Chris Ivory // Bilal Powell // Mike Goodson // Joe McKnight
FB: Kyle Juszczyk
WR: Santonio Holmes // Josh Boyce // Clyde Gates
Slot WR: Jeremy Kerley
TE: Travis Kelce
LT: D'Brickashaw Ferguson // Dennis Landolt
LG: Justin Pugh // Vladimir Ducasse
C: Nick Mangold // Caleb Schlauderaff
RG: Willie Colon
RT: Austin Howard
WR: Stephen Hill // Jordan White

DE: Muhammad Wilkerson // William Campbell (UDFA)
NT: Kenrick Ellis // Antonio Garay // Damon Harrison
DE: Quinton Coples
OLB: Barkevious Mingo // Calvin Pace // Ricky Sapp
ILB: David Harris // Josh Mauga
ILB: Demario Davis // Nick Bellore
OLB: Antwan Barnes // Garrett McIntyre
CB: Antonio Cromartie // Ellis Lankster // Isaiah Trufant
S: Johnathan Cyprien // Josh Bush
S: Dawan Landry // Antonio Allen
CB: Kyle Wilson // Aaron Berry // Darrin Walls

K: Nick Folk
P: Robert Malone
KR: Joe McKnight
PR: Jeremy Kerley
LS: Tanner Purdum
moham-17

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minus Dysert I love it.
skrILL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be very happy with this.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
jg6041

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That depth chart is frightening to look at. Wow we have tons of holes. Not sure I am sold on THE idea of taking D the first two picks. This mock looks good. I would replace Dysert though. Using your own logic this really is not the year to be drafting a QB.
Stupid question about Ivory. Why would they take a 5th rounder? I have seen this trade on the forum and I am not sold that Ivory is coming that cheap. You filled some needs and stated the case for your selections very well. I would not be upset if this is the way the draft went. Cool

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am fine with it.
teamorange

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd try and trade back from 13 because Cyprein will be available in the 20s (made even into the 30s/2nd round?) but if we can't I'd be fine with this draft.

Also I don't like trading future picks, never get good value in return and 3rd round picks on are such a crap shoot.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

green24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
I'd try and trade back from 13 because Cyprein will be available in the 20s (made even into the 30s/2nd round?) but if we can't I'd be fine with this draft.

Also I don't like trading future picks, never get good value in return and 3rd round picks on are such a crap shoot.

Can't see him getting past the Bengals at 21. The Panthers at 14, Rams at 16, Cowboys at 18, and Giants at 19 could also take him.
green24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jg6041 wrote:
That depth chart is frightening to look at. Wow we have tons of holes. Not sure I am sold on THE idea of taking D the first two picks. This mock looks good. I would replace Dysert though. Using your own logic this really is not the year to be drafting a QB.
Stupid question about Ivory. Why would they take a 5th rounder? I have seen this trade on the forum and I am not sold that Ivory is coming that cheap. You filled some needs and stated the case for your selections very well. I would not be upset if this is the way the draft went. Cool

We have plenty of needs. Can't expect to fix them all in one draft, but we can try to fill as many as we can.

As it stands now, the Jets have offered the Saints a 5th for Ivory, while they are demanding a 4th.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're clearly on the same page
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be down with this. Although not my favorite scenarios.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a Cyprien fan but I am not sure I want him at 13.
teamorange

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:

Can't see him getting past the Bengals at 21. The Panthers at 14, Rams at 16, Cowboys at 18, and Giants at 19 could also take him.

Historically safeties don't go that early and Vaccaro has more buzz about him. The absolute earliest I see him going is Cincy at 21 (?) but the realistic earliest I see him going is 25 to GB.

I just don't like the value of a safety at 13 unless he is going to be a perennial probowl lock

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

quietjetsket

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
I am fine with it.

I don't remember saying that but I swore your mock was coming from your mindset during FFMD1. no?
JMG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:

Historically safeties don't go that early and Vaccaro has more buzz about him. The absolute earliest I see him going is Cincy at 21 (?) but the realistic earliest I see him going is 25 to GB.

I just don't like the value of a safety at 13 unless he is going to be a perennial probowl lock
This is accurate. Aside from last year which was a horrible safety class and teams were desperate.

green24, why must I hate your final mock draft.

Mingo scares the hell out of me because part of me thinks he'll bust so hard, another part of me screams so much potential/such a high ceiling.

I like Cyprien but that's way too high for me. Rex Ryan's defense doesn't need an elite safety to be great. Great CBs and reliable D-Linemen have proved to make Rex's defense succeed. Getting a safety in the top of the 2nd is much better value.

The rest of the picks are meh to me. Not a fan at all. Sad

[]_[] Family
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:

Yea, Rumor is that the Bengal's will select Cyprien at #21 if he is there.

I have Cyprien as the #1 safety on my board. Wouldn't be upset at all with him at #13... i think he's better than Barron from last season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: