Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My draft Nightmare... And why I support RG (Articles)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
I don't think it means much. We prob have more than 32 1st round talent. Doesn't mean only the lowest of the lowest named circled will drop to our 18th spot.

If that list means anything matt it gives us a good indication for where we are aiming at 2nd round.

I don't think we do. And nothing in our history has ever shown us having THAT many first round grades.

T_OL7 is right. We typically only give about 16-20 first round grades out. Lacy definitely isn't a first round grade in my book. Reid isn't either, but I could see the Cowboys rating him as such.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
I don't think it means much. We prob have more than 32 1st round talent. Doesn't mean only the lowest of the lowest named circled will drop to our 18th spot.

If that list means anything matt it gives us a good indication for where we are aiming at 2nd round.

I don't think we do. And nothing in our history has ever shown us having THAT many first round grades.

I'd bet we have less than 20 first round grades this year.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: My draft Nightmare... And why I support RG (Articles) Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Oh lord... Someone on another board just posted that he was listening to the Ticket (Cowboys Flagship Radio). Anywho, the radio guy was at VR doing interviews. He walked by a room where the Cowboys had their 1st round grades. He said he saw the following names circled:

Eifert
Vaccaro
Lacy
Reid
Carridine

jumping in late here, so I don't know if this has already been said, but those names may be circled because those are potential trade down contingencies... As in a team has expressed interest in trading up to get that player. Or maybe those are guys we feel like we could sell to others.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: My draft Nightmare... And why I support RG (Articles) Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Oh lord... Someone on another board just posted that he was listening to the Ticket (Cowboys Flagship Radio). Anywho, the radio guy was at VR doing interviews. He walked by a room where the Cowboys had their 1st round grades. He said he saw the following names circled:

Eifert
Vaccaro
Lacy
Reid
Carridine

jumping in late here, so I don't know if this has already been said, but those names may be circled because those are potential trade down contingencies... As in a team has expressed interest in trading up to get that player. Or maybe those are guys we feel like we could sell to others.

I think you are close... I have a feeling that those guys circled are people who would still potentially be available if they traded down with a certain team. For example, Jerry probably asked... "if we traded down with the Vikings, who would probably still be available?"
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reid's the guy. I guarantee it.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: My draft Nightmare... And why I support RG (Articles) Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Eifert
Vaccaro
Lacy
Reid
Carridine

I think you are close... I have a feeling that those guys circled are people who would still potentially be available if they traded down with a certain team. For example, Jerry probably asked... "if we traded down with the Vikings, who would probably still be available?"

Slam, that makes a lot of sense, especially with some of those names...
MightyMouse07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly Eifert would be a nice step in helping our red zone offense but so would a OG.

“Anytime I step out there I give everything I got, on every single play.” - Ray Lewis
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyMouse07 wrote:
Honestly Eifert would be a nice step in helping our red zone offense but so would a OG.

I see Eifert as a luxury pick. I'd be okay with a luxury pick IF we could still assemble a competitive OL through FA and the draft. Until the OL can protect Romo and open holes in the run game... the Cowboys won't be able to seriously compete.

I see guard as a nuts and bolts pick. Not fancy, but we've seen the machine fall apart without the nuts and bolts.
MightyMouse07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
MightyMouse07 wrote:

I see Eifert as a luxury pick. I'd be okay with a luxury pick IF we could still assemble a competitive OL through FA and the draft. Until the OL can protect Romo and open holes in the run game... the Cowboys won't be able to seriously compete.

I see guard as a nuts and bolts pick. Not fancy, but we've seen the machine fall apart without the nuts and bolts.

I agree but if we went Eifert then OG in the second I wouldn't be too upset about it.

“Anytime I step out there I give everything I got, on every single play.” - Ray Lewis
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyMouse07 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
MightyMouse07 wrote:

I agree but if we went Eifert then OG in the second I wouldn't be too upset about it.

Gosh, at the end of Thursday night this forum would be unbearable, though.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyMouse07 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
MightyMouse07 wrote:

Agree. If Eifert is BPA and you cant trade down you take him, as long as there isnt a player rated close to eifert at a position of need like o line or safety.

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
MightyMouse07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
MightyMouse07 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
MightyMouse07 wrote:

Gosh, at the end of Thursday night this forum would be unbearable, though.

The trend in the NFL is that you have to be able to score. Defense is good and you have to get a few stops but unless you can change those FGs in the red zone to TDs then you aren't going to be going very far. A big target like Eifert would be great. Look at the Vikings at Rudolph. Yes you need to have some resemblance of a defense but I think we can do that. So if we go TE then OG I would be fine with that.

Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: C Reply with quote

Oline in the first two rounds and I'm happy. Cooper/warmack, Warford, Armstead, Long, maybe Pugh... Any one of those guys.

I just have a thing about Fluker... Don't like what I've read
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eifert isn't going to last until #18, so I don't think we'll have to worry about that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my past research, most teams generally have 15-19 prospects with 1st round grades. Poor scouting teams may have more. I believe we will have about 16-17 players with that grade.

I would assume that those prospects circled may be those who could be considered for a trade down scenario. I can't see us taking those players at 18.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: