Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gil Brandt mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Gil Brandt mock Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/gil-brandt/171004

Interesting Jets pick:

No. 3 overall -- Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama

Quote:
PROJECTED TRADE WITH OAKLAND: After getting an extra first-round pick from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (13th overall) in the Darrelle Revis trade, the Jets send their original first-rounder (ninth overall) and another pick to the Raiders in exchange for the third overall pick so they can grab Milliner -- the best corner available, and someone who can eventually replace Revis.

Jets forum reaction would be...?

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am okay with it but media will screw it up in no time.
jg6041

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid trade. There is no reason to trade away picks to move up. No one player is going to make this team elite. Younger, stronger, cheaper bodies, that will hopefully turn into solid pros is what this draft is for. Revis was a healthy shutdown corner in 2011 what did that get us? We really need a solid draft to build for the future. Really reaching for a story on Gils part.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or

would be my reaction.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awful. Terrible.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
jetskid007

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your going to draft Milliner that's fine, just don't move up for him.

A lot of Jet fans hate the idea of drafting Milliner, but I'm not completely opposed to it. It's not a need, but I think he'd be the best player available at 9 and it would be justified to pick him if that's the approach your taking.

If you draft Milliner at 9 your giving him a 4 year, $12.6 million contract.
If we were to resign Revis at his demand, we would've been making more in 1 season than Milliner would make in 4.

Revis will go down as one of the best CBs ever, but a team like the Jets has taken on a new philosophy where the team is bigger than the player... no one is going to get a contract north of $12 million per season for a long, long time, and if your convinced that Milliner can develop into a top 15 player why wouldn't you do it?
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So stupid... if jets did this i'd pretty much just stop caring altogether
jg6041

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:

A lot of Jet fans hate the idea of drafting Milliner, but I'm not completely opposed to it. It's not a need, but I think he'd be the best player available at 9 and it would be justified to pick him if that's the approach your taking.

If we were to resign Revis at his demand, we would've been making more in 1 season than Milliner would make in 4.

Revis will go down as one of the best CBs ever, but a team like the Jets has taken on a new philosophy where the team is bigger than the player... no one is going to get a contract north of $12 million per season for a long, long time, and if your convinced that Milliner can develop into a top 15 player why wouldn't you do it?

Agree totally. If he is there grab him. Best player available mentality will serve us well this draft. Just we need more picks not less. Good to see you jetskid007 Cool

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone slap Gil Brandt please.

Props to Mack on the sig
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:

Milliner could end up being a Lion.
green24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:

I don't think the Browns will pass on him. Milliner and Haden would be a very good CB combo.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:

I don't think the Browns will pass on him. Milliner and Haden would be a very good CB combo.

Either way, it is the right thing to do if Jets really want Milliner.
Rich51

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a really dumb move. I can see us wanting another cb but this draft is loaded with them.

If he's there at 9 I wouldn't mind that much but trading both 1st rounders when we have so many hole would be ridiculous.
jpt331

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not opposed to the idea of a CB in the first but to me theirs more value trading down and taking a guy like Jamar Taylor or DJ Hayden than taking Milliner at 9 let alone a trade up
drew39k

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be livid. Trading up to get a player that doesn't fill a need? That's just asinine.
Technically yes... BUT by laws of playoff football, The Andrew Lucks lost to the Quarterbackbowl 47 winning Joe Flaccos. Whereas the Russel Wilsons lost to the Matt Ryans, who didnt even beat the Colin Kaepernicks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: