Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DEE RAWL's FINAL MOCK DRAFT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: DEE RAWL's FINAL MOCK DRAFT Reply with quote

KEY POINTS-
-As always, I do mock drafts based on what I think will happen-- not what I want to happen (although there are some picks that fall under both criterias).

-FA Signing-

Daryl Smith, LB

16.) Tavon Austin, WR, WVU

I think all this buzz surrounding Hopkins and us is a smokescreen when in reality Fish n Snead are targeting Austin. In an interview, Snead said he likes for every WR on the field to have different characteristics both physically and playing style. I also believe that they stay true to value of their draft board and Austin is clearly valued higher than Hopkins. That being said, I do believe there is genuine interest in Hopkins as he has been compared to Roddy White in Atlanta which Snead was a scout for the Falcons and it is more than likely that Snead sees the direct similarities. I really hope Hopkins isn't the pick though.

22.) Jonathan Cyprien, S, Fla Intl

I'm going to be completely honest, I really don't know WHO exactly they are targeting with pick 22. Could be Ogletree, but he is likely to get swooped up before 22 also it isn't a big need now that Smith has been signed (in my prediction). However, we all know that Safety is a big need, and more specifically a ball hawking deep zone safety which is precisely what Cyprien is. I also really expect a trade down at 22.

46.) Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech

I won't be happy about this pick, but we need someone besides Brian Quick and Chris Givens on the outside. There are so many WR's or players in general for that matter that I would prefer here and while I believe Patton is a 3rd-4th round guy, I know a lot of teams feel differently. Similar to last year (Quick), they take Patton earlier than expected. He does offer a variety of positive traits however; crisp routes, strong but not super soft hands, excellent ability to locate the ball, decent YAC ability, gets seperation and some blocking ability.

78.) Shamarko Thomas, S, Syracuse

I was extremely excited to see that Thomas came in for a pre-draft visit because the kid is fast, aggressive and instinctive. He is a big small height wise, but he plays big. I think he could be a tremendous safety for us.

113.) Hugh Thornton, OG, Illinois

Like Safety, a complete rebuilding/reshuffling is taking place up front. This maybe a bit early for Thorton, but much like all the other picks-- when you want a guy you take him and don't look back.

149.) Gerald Hodges, LB, Penn St

I love Hodges and what he offers. Initially a quality depth signing, but could turn into a legitimate starter one day if he stays healthy.

184.) Oday Aboushi, OT/G, Virginia

A versatile OL that will compete and provide as a solid backup

222.) Spencer Ware, RB, LSU

Fisher likes big physical backs and we don't have any on the roster even though one could argue that. Ware offers just that and nice value in round 7 if he lasts that long.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't mind that draft at all. I think #46 (assuming they stay put) is where the Rams will be targeting a prospect like a Patton/Hopkins/Harper, not at #16 like the recent reports lead to believe...

My only real gripe is I think it'd be better suited to target another CB in the 3rd-5th round. We're pretty thin there...

IDOG_det on the sig...
ctp2124

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said last time, love pretty much everything besides Sharmarko.

I am a pretty big fan of Patton and think he presents excellent value at 46. Would be pumped if this plays out like this.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was really liking the first 2 picks, but then got to Patton. I know you noted you wouldn't be really pleased with this pick either, so we are on the same page here. I would not be a fan of taking another WR in the 2nd if we take one in the 1st, TBH, unless its someone that fell for whatever reason (Hunter, Hopkins, Wheaton). Just not big on Patton personally.

Then there is Shamarko, really not a fan of his. Only reason he is discussed in the top 3 rounds now is due to his great athletic testing. I don't see it translated on the field at all. I'd have him in the 5th round personally. Rest of it I pretty much dig, though not real high on Ware, 7th round is fine value for him.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shamarko is a very good safety, i feel very confident saying that. Whoever he plays for will be happy they took him.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Shamarko is a very good safety, i feel very confident saying that. Whoever he plays for will be happy they took him.

I'd be glad if that were true if the Rams draft him, I just don't see it.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
BamaRam

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it.
Austin is perfect.
Cyprien is great.
Patton is great and quite underrated.
Thomas is a great developmental talent.
Same with Thornton and Aboushi- big frame guys.
Hodges is rock solid, great early-down guy to develop behind Smith.
Ware hasn't shown a ton, but he has an NFL body and upside.

I'd be thrilled if it went down this way. Great work DEE.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great to me. I'm fully on board. Like all the picks and they all make sense. Kudos.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers gents. I will add however that i read a rumor that we apparently do NOT like Cyprien and would prefer Eric Reid.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Cheers gents. I will add however that i read a rumor that we apparently do NOT like Cyprien and would prefer Eric Reid.

Interesting and disappointing at the same time. I'd MUCH rather have Cyprien.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Interesting and disappointing at the same time. I'd MUCH rather have Cyprien.

You and me both

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: