Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

It's my time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: It's my time Reply with quote

to finally submit one of these to be ripped apart...this is what I think we would do in each situation

Round 1: Jonathan Cyprien, S, FIU- I think it is finally time this organization starts to value the S position. Vaccaro would be a dream pick, but long gone by now. There is even a chance I think Cyprien is gone, but if he is there he is the pick. Zimmer worked him out privately this week and he is an ideal in the box safety who can cover ground against the pass. He will help cover TE's with his size and speed. He will need to work on his tackling in the NFL as he likes to hit receivers as they catch it and that is likely a penalty in today's NFL game. But overall he will be an enforcer in the secondary who will help our defense in every way.

Round 2: Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State- I know after signing Harrison and resigning Maualuga this pick seems unlikely. However, I think we love to take players who we will not rely on right away and they can learn (Still and Thompson last year). If Lacy is here, I think he would be the pick to be honest, but I dont see him making it to 37. Brown is a hell of an athlete and can cover TE's. With Harrison and Rey on 2 year deals, Brown can come in as a rookie as a nickel LB to spell both of those guys and play next to Lamur to have our best coverage guys on the field. His speed is his biggest asset to this defense. We do not have a true sideline to sideline LB. Burfict is great, but lacks elite speed. If Harrison is hurt or not effective, put Brown in and move Rey to SLB.

Round 2: Giovanni Bernard, RB, UNC- We desperately need a playmaker at RB. BJGE was solid last year but averaged under 4 yards a carry. I think he is better suited as a role player rather than our main back. Bernard has great vision and speed with solid hands. this is tough between him and Franklin who is the better pass protector and I am fine with either. Bernard is a shifty back who can make people miss rather than run them over like BJGE. I prefer him to Franklin slightly, but would be happy with either.

Round 3: Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU: I am tempted to go with Terrance Williams here to be an outside deep threat who fits what we need opposite AJ, but I really think we are satisfied with Sanu and Jones. I think Sanu is underrated for how he played last year. Ideally he could play slot and have Williams outside, but I am not sold we make that move. With Mathieu, I think we get a steal. He is a tweener that is better suited for a nickel CB or FS role. We did resign Newman and Jones to go with Hall and Kirkpatrick, but Newman is on a 1 year deal and Kirkpatrick has been hurt. Last year we ran low on guys and ideally having hall and jones outside with Mathieu on the slot is not bad. In today's game, you can never have enough good corners. With the injury questions with our current guys, I can see this pick. He is a playmaker which we desperately need in the secondary and can help in the punt return game since we seem set on not letting Jones do it. Passing his drug test at the combine is a huge step for him.

Round 4: Reid Fragel, OT, Ohio State: Similar build to Roland with his 6'8 frame, but more suited for the left side. We really dont have a backup behind Whit that I feel great with. Roland and Collins are more suited for the right side and Fragel is a converted TE. He has the feet and length to be a great blind side protector to learn behind Whitworth. Whit is getting older, but has been a great LT for quite some time. He can help tutor Fragel and groom him to take over when Whit's contract comes to an end. Whit can always slide into G if his play drops for any reason.

Round 5: Jelani Jenkins, LB, Florida: This may come as a surprise with Brown already taken, but we lost Skuta in FA who was our special teams ace. Jenkins is another speed LB who can cover which I think we need more of. I know we brought back Vincent Rey and already have LaMur, but I think Jenkins grooms as a backup OLB who can also be a nickel guy. Has dealt with injuries throughout his career, but when healthy is a very solid player. Far from a great prospect, I think he earns his spot on special teams with his ability to get down field and make open field tackles.

At this point, I do not know prospects enough to truly predict who will be available.

Feel free to bash away.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
ark23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the dream scenario, any draft in which we land Arthur Brown and Cyprien - two of my top eighteen prospects and the two players who best fit our needs - is an a+ draft. But with that said it seems optimistic to me. I don't think there's anyway Brown falls past pick 33 and the Jaguars and regardless based on our moves this offseason and what Hobson is reporting, it doesn't appear we think the LB position is a priority at all.

Cyprien is a home run selection at 21, I just think he'll be off the board by then. St.Louis at 16 is a very likely landing spot for him and I think people will be surprised by how high he goes in the draft.

Fragel and Jenkins are great picks and they are very likely as well. Gio Bernard is a guy I don't like much (late third round grade) but the Bengals appear to be high on him and I expect us to take him assuming we don't take Lacy, at pick 37 or 53.

You already know my thoughts on Mathieu but I certainly wouldn't mind it in the context of this draft.

I love it I'm just skeptical in regards to the board falling for us that way. But boy would I be happy if this is the way things went.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be pretty happy, even if I prefer Franklin to Bernard.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ark23 wrote:
This is the dream scenario, any draft in which we land Arthur Brown and Cyprien - two of my top eighteen prospects and the two players who best fit our needs - is an a+ draft. But with that said it seems optimistic to me. I don't think there's anyway Brown falls past pick 33 and the Jaguars and regardless based on our moves this offseason and what Hobson is reporting, it doesn't appear we think the LB position is a priority at all.

Cyprien is a home run selection at 21, I just think he'll be off the board by then. St.Louis at 16 is a very likely landing spot for him and I think people will be surprised by how high he goes in the draft.

Fragel and Jenkins are great picks and they are very likely as well. Gio Bernard is a guy I don't like much (late third round grade) but the Bengals appear to be high on him and I expect us to take him assuming we don't take Lacy, at pick 37 or 53.

You already know my thoughts on Mathieu but I certainly wouldn't mind it in the context of this draft.

I love it I'm just skeptical in regards to the board falling for us that way. But boy would I be happy if this is the way things went.

I agree some of the people being there can be skeptical, but I can honestly see Brown falling to 37. I think the Jags go with Jordan at 2 and have bigger needs on the offensive side of the ball to snag him at 33.

I know what Hobson has said, but I can't help but think it can all be smokescreens. DT wasn't a huge need for us last year and yet we doubled up. We tend to go with value picks and a guy like Brown at 37 fits that bill.

I like Gio. I know some have him as high as #1 Rb and as low as 4-5. I like Franklin's size a bit more than Gio, but it seems like our staff likes Gio. I think he would be a good pick, but would not be mad with him, Franklin or Ellington in the 3rd if we wait.

If the board falls that way, I would be estatic and I think it is possible knowing how we draft positions. I can see us double dipping at RB later too and getting a Brian Leonard clone in Rex Burkhead.

fluhartz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ocho4pres for sure..

this is a dream draft in my eyes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be thrilled with this draft, ochocinco. Just to nitpick, I'd rather have a WR like Da'Rick Rogers in the 3rd than Honey Badger, but I love the rest. I do think Cyprien will be available at 21, and would be a great pick. Brown would be a steal in the 2nd; don't see him lasting this far. Benard is a good, and logical, pick at 53. Fragel and Jenkins are solid picks in the 4th and 5th.

Great mock, let's hope it looks like this on Saturday!
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
I'd be thrilled with this draft, ochocinco. Just to nitpick, I'd rather have a WR like Da'Rick Rogers in the 3rd than Honey Badger, but I love the rest. I do think Cyprien will be available at 21, and would be a great pick. Brown would be a steal in the 2nd; don't see him lasting this far. Benard is a good, and logical, pick at 53. Fragel and Jenkins are solid picks in the 4th and 5th.

Great mock, let's hope it looks like this on Saturday!

I dont disagree with the Rogers comment. I know it is all likely smoke screens but Marvin has been steady in saying he is happy with Sanu and Jones and mentioned again today about corners. I wouldnt be shocked if we went corner earlier than the 3rd. I wouldnt be happy, but not shocked.

Appreciate the feedback guys

Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Between Burfict, Lamur, and re-signing Howard I just don't see the need to take a WLB early.

If at all.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
Between Burfict, Lamur, and re-signing Howard I just don't see the need to take a WLB early.

If at all.

If the Howard rumor is true then I tend to agree. But it still wouldn't shock me. But I made this before seeing the Howard rumor so it may change today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: