Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

"For the next ten years"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: "For the next ten years" Reply with quote

So maybe I'm just irrational, but this is a phrase that is really starting to bother me. In the time of free agency, in a sport where a 10 year career is outstanding let alone playing at a high level for ten years.

I get when you draft a guy you want to be optimistic, but saying someone is a foregone conclusion to play at a high level and lock down a position for 10 years seems silly. Look at BA, could he have done it, sure, does it seem likely any more, NOPE.
chiefs82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: "For the next ten years" Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
So maybe I'm just irrational, but this is a phrase that is really starting to bother me. In the time of free agency, in a sport where a 10 year career is outstanding let alone playing at a high level for ten years.

I get when you draft a guy you want to be optimistic, but saying someone is a foregone conclusion to play at a high level and lock down a position for 10 years seems silly. Look at BA, could he have done it, sure, does it seem likely any more, NOPE.

Kiper almost always says that. I don't like it either. Bowe is an exception as is usually one player on every team. Aside from the select few. FA and salary caps have made the draft harder because every 5 years you're drafting same position all chiefs (Albert-Joeckel/Fisher)

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:0/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0
Da_Zou13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 10 years thing only applies to certain positions really. obviously RBs arent in that discussion, WRs also have a hard time in their 30s, and same with CBs. The only position I can really see having 10+ years of top end play is QBs, Oline, and maybe....maybe.....maybe Kickers lol

Props to LOTO on the sig.
Mongo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd prefer to keep the guy who's done well for the past several years than bank on a guy who might be better. Might.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: