Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Dream come true for a 2nd rd. pick
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Legend_Kenny

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: My Dream come true for a 2nd rd. pick Reply with quote

If this dude some how makes it to us in the draft I will be extremely happy I mean it would be a miracle if he makes it to pick 51 Xavier Rhodes CB. Here is a little bit of reading that I am posting for you all to check out my fingers and toes are crossed on this one for sure PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN FOR US.

"Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State

Rhodes ranks second in height (6-foot-1½) and weight (210 pounds) among the Scouts Inc. top 20 cornerbacks in this year's draft, and yet he still posted a time of 4.43 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the NFL combine, a mark that ranked tied for 11th among all cornerbacks.

That combination of fantastic physical attributes led to some superb metrics as well. In a 10-game sample against BCS conference and bowl-caliber competition, Rhodes was targeted 31 times and gave up a meager 122 total yards (3.6 YPA) on nine completions and three defensive penalties. This wasn't a case of his building dominant stats on the back of a slew of short passes, either, as Rhodes had a 3.7 vertical YPA on 20 targets and a 2.9 stretch vertical YPA on 10 targets. (Note: Vertical passes are thrown 11 or more yards downfield; stretch verticals are thrown 20 or more yards.)

Rhodes also had three interceptions last year (tied for eighth in the ACC) and had a total of eight picks in his three seasons at FSU, so there is ball hawking potential here as well.

He has all the makings of a second-round player who will provide a club with first-round-caliber productivity in the near future."

Not my words of course but using ESPN words on this one fellas.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Hayden is the man to watch.
Though, he'll likely be gone before pick 51.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
Definitely. Redskins24-7 brought him up in FFMDII. I'd love to get him.

yeah and legend_kenny, I think we'd all love to Xaiver Rhodes at #51 but I just think that's as unlikely as me hitting the mega millions.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:

yeah and legend_kenny, I think we'd all love to Xaiver Rhodes at #51 but I just think that's as unlikely as me hitting the mega millions.

Xavier* and I'm not sure if Rhodes is the best fit for Haslett's scheme, though. It's kind of like how someone like Larry Warford wouldn't be a good fit here because he's 330+ pounds and isn't quite as mobile as some guards. Of course, Rhodes plays CB, not guard, so you never know.
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
Dro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:

Xavier* and I'm not sure if Rhodes is the best fit for Haslett's scheme, though. It's kind of like how someone like Larry Warford wouldn't be a good fit here because he's 330+ pounds and isn't quite as mobile as some guards. Of course, Rhodes plays CB, not guard, so you never know.

Rhodes is a very good fit for our zone scheme.
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:

You sure? I'm not so certain about that. I think he's more of a man-to-man corner.
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
daskins

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Rhodes would be amazing to have fall, dont think it will happen, but no reason not to dream. I have is Menelik Watson. Still really raw, only his 2nd year of playing football, but has the same ceiling or higher as the guys getting picked in the top 5. Faster, great athlete, so would be an anchor to the ZBS for RGIII's career. I know its not our biggest need, but if a guy with that possibility was there, I would be pumped.

from cbssports.com:
Quote:
In terms of upside, Watson ranks right up there with the Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson as one of the elite talents among offensive tackles in the 2013 draft. Possesses light feet, long arms, and natural overall weight distribution. Flashes great quickness and balance when dropping back into pass protection. Naturally strong, heavy hands to latch on and control opponents. Flashes a physical pop to rock defenders on their heels. Good balance. Natural knee bender who can sink to absorb contact. Best attribute might be straight-line speed. Races off the ball to block defenders at the second level, sometimes 20+ yards downfield. Blessed with the traits that will catch the imagination of NFL offensive line coaches for every team in the league.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daskins wrote:
While Rhodes would be amazing to have fall, dont think it will happen, but no reason not to dream. I have is Menelik Watson. Still really raw, only his 2nd year of playing football, but has the same ceiling or higher as the guys getting picked in the top 5. Faster, great athlete, so would be an anchor to the ZBS for RGIII's career. I know its not our biggest need, but if a guy with that possibility was there, I would be pumped.

from cbssports.com:
Quote:
In terms of upside, Watson ranks right up there with the Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson as one of the elite talents among offensive tackles in the 2013 draft. Possesses light feet, long arms, and natural overall weight distribution. Flashes great quickness and balance when dropping back into pass protection. Naturally strong, heavy hands to latch on and control opponents. Flashes a physical pop to rock defenders on their heels. Good balance. Natural knee bender who can sink to absorb contact. Best attribute might be straight-line speed. Races off the ball to block defenders at the second level, sometimes 20+ yards downfield. Blessed with the traits that will catch the imagination of NFL offensive line coaches for every team in the league.
I'd love to get Watson in round 2 but I doubt Shanahan will want to go that direction. He never takes anything but a LT that high in the draft.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
Dro wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:

You sure? I'm not so certain about that. I think he's more of a man-to-man corner.

I feel hes just as good in man as he is in zone his and banks size will help in zone..
Sassan11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
Dro wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:

I feel hes just as good in man as he is in zone his and banks size will help in zone..

I think he is more of a man corner then a zone corner. I don't think he is the greatest fit for our system. On a side note I know our secondary needs help but I feel Robert Woods is being pretty under-rated right now and would not be upset if we drafted him in round 2 (if he last that late).
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can Robert Woods play Free Safety?

I swear. If we don't solve the void at that position we've had since Sean Taylor was killed I'm going to be pretty frustrated.

Many talked about no one being there to cover for Wilson and Hall when they got beat deep or let wrs go to the safeties in their deep zone and the safeties couldn't cover anything. If we can upgrade that, our team will immediately be better. Especially with Orakpo back and if other stars like Garcon and Davis can stay healthy.

It just makes sense to do that first and then go BPA in positions we need on the team.
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

I swear. If we don't solve the void at that position we've had since Sean Taylor was killed I'm going to be pretty frustrated.

Many talked about no one being there to cover for Wilson and Hall when they got beat deep or let wrs go to the safeties in their deep zone and the safeties couldn't cover anything. If we can upgrade that, our team will immediately be better. Especially with Orakpo back and if other stars like Garcon and Davis can stay healthy.

It just makes sense to do that first and then go BPA in positions we need on the team.

But you act as if we dont take one in round 2 we're screwed and thats far from the case. Theres no rule that states we have to take one round 2 or else. Mike has always been a BPA kind of guy, and nothing this year will change IMO

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckleyBoy wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

But you act as if we dont take one in round 2 we're screwed and thats far from the case. Theres no rule that states we have to take one round 2 or else. Mike has always been a BPA kind of guy, and nothing this year will change IMO
while true, I still believe we'd find the best FS available in round 2.

Jury is still out whether or not Shanahan has "always" taken the best available pick. He's had a few question marks through his 3 drafts.
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

while true, I still believe we'd find the best FS available in round 2.

Jury is still out whether or not Shanahan has "always" taken the best available pick. He's had a few question marks through his 3 drafts.

That may not be what the Redskins feel though... so yeah...

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo' is who I'm hoping for @51.

Doubt it happens, but all this stuff with him could scare teams away, as we scoop him up.

Kerrigan---Fletcher---Teo'---Orakpo---would not be fair. Laughing

Riley shares time...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: