Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Any recent word on how Sherrod is recovering?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
driftwood

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you guys hear MM talk about sherrod as a reporter asked a follow up question after talking about the OL picks over the weekend?

MM was pretty flustered answering the question... I honestly don't think sherrod is as healthy as we might think, & based on MM's tone when responding tot he question, he sounded pretty nervous about the answer he was giving

apparently he had a 2nd surgery in the past year as well...

you also have to wonder what kind of shape hes in spending all that time off one of his legs

i sure hope hes ready this year but the fact that MM still doesn't have a clear answer for a time table nearly 2 years later is pretty worrisome
Jsitton71#

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
did you guys hear MM talk about sherrod as a reporter asked a follow up question after talking about the OL picks over the weekend?

MM was pretty flustered answering the question... I honestly don't think sherrod is as healthy as we might think, & based on MM's tone when responding tot he question, he sounded pretty nervous about the answer he was giving

you also have to wonder what kind of shape hes in spending all that time off one of his legs

i sure hope hes ready this year but the fact that MM still doesn't have a clear answer for a time table nearly 2 years later is pretty worrisome
Quote from Mac "he's even better after his 2nd surgery" 2nd surgery? This was news to me, didn't know the guy had another surgery in 2012. I'm not too optimistic about Sherrod this season to be honest.
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listening to that Youtube clip we can definitely conclude that Worthy had an ACL reconstruction. He says he is ahead of schedule and that his goal is to be ready for training camp. I doubt they let him push it too hard, but it sounded like maybe a worse case scenario is PUP list.

As for Sherrod, the news sounded pretty good overall. MM said he expects him to be a factor this year, and that he was a new man after that second surgery. I don't know what the second surgery was for, but this all sounded like positive news. Hopefully he is a full go for training camp. He'd have an excellent chance of winning the LT job if healthy. It took Mike Flanagan two years to return to action, but he went on to make a pro bowl and play high quality football for several years.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:
Listening to that Youtube clip we can definitely conclude that Worthy had an ACL reconstruction. He says he is ahead of schedule and that his goal is to be ready for training camp. I doubt they let him push it too hard, but it sounded like maybe a worse case scenario is PUP list.

As for Sherrod, the news sounded pretty good overall. MM said he expects him to be a factor this year, and that he was a new man after that second surgery. I don't know what the second surgery was for, but this all sounded like positive news. Hopefully he is a full go for training camp. He'd have an excellent chance of winning the LT job if healthy. It took Mike Flanagan two years to return to action, but he went on to make a pro bowl and play high quality football for several years.

In both cases, this is the correct answer. No need to worry about Sherrod at all until TC. You worry about Worthy when he is eligible to come off the PUP list because I am fairly certain that is where he is headed and then the staff will re-evaluate in-season.
2Bigby0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will still remain skeptical that Worthy even plays this season. I can't remember who I got in to it with over this, but he 'guaranteed' me that Worthy would be 100% ready to go by TC. Anytime you have an ACL injury, you have to look at the norm and not think it will be like AP who has proved he is a complete freak of nature.

As for Sherrod, he is a complete wildcard in my opinoin. 'Improving' and 'progressing' are words that have been used in Sherrod's case often. MM said he expects Sherrod to 'compete for a spot this year.' I don't expect that. Let's see if Sherrod puts a helmet and shoulder pads on before we even talk about him being a part of our unit moving forward. Even if he does suit up in time for TC and OTA's, there is absolutely no guarantee that he is even a quality player. There is no evidence of it.

With the exception of Bulaga, Sitton and EDS, I see a complete open competition for the remaining two starting positions. EDS obviously will play C and Sitton will be at RG. Bulaga could potentially play either LT or RT depending on what way the staff wants to go. I expect the rookies to get a look as well as Newhouse, Lang, and possibly Sherrod if he's healthy. After the amounts of sacks we've sustained, competition is a neccessity for the guys that struggled last year.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that Sherrod may have pushed himself too hard after the first surgery. Wish palmy was here, he'd have a better idea of what might be going on.
McThreadski

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
My guess is that Sherrod may have pushed himself too hard after the first surgery. Wish palmy was here, he'd have a better idea of what might be going on.

So nobody knows what the second surgery was for? He smashed his leg bones, right? So what would they have had to go back in and fix on that? Is that something that they normally do in stages to add more plates or something?

I don't know about all of this, it just strikes me as one of those things where the coaches are trying to say nice things and then two months from now, the other shoe will drop and we'll find out he really isn't going to come back to play football anymore. I hope I wrong. Confused
svp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyborg. Anti gravity stabilizers.

blankman0021

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McThreadski wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:

So nobody knows what the second surgery was for? He smashed his leg bones, right? So what would they have had to go back in and fix on that? Is that something that they normally do in stages to add more plates or something?

I don't know about all of this, it just strikes me as one of those things where the coaches are trying to say nice things and then two months from now, the other shoe will drop and we'll find out he really isn't going to come back to play football anymore. I hope I wrong. Confused

I'm posting a comprehensive post on our offensive line soon where a few more of my predictions and ideas will be. I believe that Sherrod will be ready to go by week 1 of the season. I don't think that this second surgury puts his career in jeapordy. Probably just cleaning some stuff up in there and aligning everything perfect. Sounded like a more matter of fact surgery than a problem one. If you remember, Sherrod was practicing with a noticeable limp last season when he was trying to come off the PUP before we IR'ed him. Maybe something was slightly off with how it healed and they just fixed that. In any case, it sounds like he is moving much better now that he had that procedure. I don't know any more than you do if he'll be ready for TC though. And if I was a betting man I would think that he won't be back 100% by then and that might for our coaching staff to make some tough decisions as to whether he should be inserted later as a starter, or more likely back up Bulaga at LT for this season.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
McThreadski wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:

I'm posting a comprehensive post on our offensive line soon where a few more of my predictions and ideas will be. I believe that Sherrod will be ready to go by week 1 of the season. I don't think that this second surgury puts his career in jeapordy. Probably just cleaning some stuff up in there and aligning everything perfect. Sounded like a more matter of fact surgery than a problem one. If you remember, Sherrod was practicing with a noticeable limp last season when he was trying to come off the PUP before we IR'ed him. Maybe something was slightly off with how it healed and they just fixed that. In any case, it sounds like he is moving much better now that he had that procedure. I don't know any more than you do if he'll be ready for TC though. And if I was a betting man I would think that he won't be back 100% by then and that might for our coaching staff to make some tough decisions as to whether he should be inserted later as a starter, or more likely back up Bulaga at LT for this season.
I'd peg Bakhtiari at LT before Bulaga...
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:

yeah, didn't get that at all from his presser.
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
driftwood wrote:

Me either. If anything I got the impression he is doing much better since his 2nd surgery which wasn't the feeling I got from MM when he spoke about Sherrod during the season.

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

svp wrote:
Cyborg. Anti gravity stabilizers.

Laughing

If they put pins in there could this second surgery be one to take them out...? Question I heard someone say he is now pain free... Think

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
driftwood wrote:

i dunno, hes said that Sherrod has been making progress for 2 years now... he sounds somewhat hopeful, but it doesn't mean he has any idea on the future status & that's not really encouraging
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McThreadski wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:

My guess is that he had a rod/screws replaced, or had a procedure done to improve blood flow, or further repair nerve damage. All told I thought the news was the first positive bit of news on Sherrod's situation in quite some time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: