Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Any recent word on how Sherrod is recovering?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
squire12

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Any recent word on how Sherrod is recovering? Reply with quote

Wondering if anyone has heard any information on how Sherrod is progressing?
The Kuhn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone has anything on Worthy that would be helpful too.
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Any recent word on how Sherrod is recovering? Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:

I was just looking that up yesterday and the answer is still a bit murky. I had a similar injury to Sherrod's in high school and it took 1 year for the bones to completely heal, so if Sherrod is still having issues I can't see how it can be where the break occurred. I am sure the muscles atrophied badly but he has had a lot of time to get the leg muscles back into shape, and MM says Sherrod is in there everyday working at it. This guy is a very tough one to figure out but if you go back to his scouting report coming out of college it says he is a very dedicated and hard working football player, so I can't imagine his delays are because he doesn't put in the effort. I expect him to be at full speed this year but don't be surprised if Bulaga moves left and Sherrod moves right.
rbens06

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Any recent word on how Sherrod is recovering? Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
squire12 wrote:

I was just looking that up yesterday and the answer is still a bit murky. I had a similar injury to Sherrod's in high school and it took 1 year for the bones to completely heal, so if Sherrod is still having issues I can't see how it can be where the break occurred. I am sure the muscles atrophied badly but he has had a lot of time to get the leg muscles back into shape, and MM says Sherrod is in there everyday working at it. This guy is a very tough one to figure out but if you go back to his scouting report coming out of college it says he is a very dedicated and hard working football player, so I can't imagine his delays are because he doesn't put in the effort. I expect him to be at full speed this year but don't be surprised if Bulaga moves left and Sherrod moves right.

This and Campen said he expected Sherrod to compete this year for a spot in TC. Personally, I think the draft could give us some insight here too. If we take a true LT guy early (1st/2nd round) I think it tells more about Sherrod's injury/recovery and how the staff feels about it. I know some sites/people had us taking Watson in the first and if we did that I would get the sense that Sherrod is not as ready as the staff would like.
squire12

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If we take a true LT guy early (1st/2nd round) I think it tells more about Sherrod's injury/recovery and how the staff feels about it. I know some sites/people had us taking Watson in the first and if we did that I would get the sense that Sherrod is not as ready as the staff would like.

That was my thought on if any word has been out that might give some idea as to the draft process. If he is porgressing, OT is less of a need, but if he is not progressing, then OT becomes more urgent in this draft.
Kampman74

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kuhn wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3xY0cpnZr4
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect Sherrod to be ready to roll. I think that they shut him down last year because of the fact that Mac wouldn't put him in for Newhouse. Mac never messes with the line much unless there is injury. I was about 5 feet from Derek in December going up the steps of Lambeau, no noticable limp or anything. Big difference in being 100% ready for regular people and 100% to play in the NFL. I think they treated him with kid gloves. I expect Worthy to be ready for the regular season.
The Kuhn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
The Kuhn wrote:

Good stuff. Thanks dude
Pugger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, if we could get BOTH of these young men back along with Perry and Bishop I will feel a hell of lot better about 2013 than I did after last season ended with a thud.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to have good news, but.......

In a recent JSO article by McGinn, he mentioned that there was enough concern about Newhouse that the Packers might be looking at an OT early in the draft. I believe he cited a "senior personnel" guy...I don't know who that can be.

I'm aware that some of you think that McGinn doesn't know any more than the rest of us but this guy actually gets to talk to people in the organization on a regular basis over the years and he builds relationships that allow him to say things as long as he protects the source. Or...the team could just be using him to spread disinformation before the draft. Take your pick.

But what struck me as odd about that was if they think Sherrod is going to be ready then why would they worry about Newhouse? Or why are they thinking about moving Bulaga to LT if Sherrod is healthy?

A lot of times, what ISN'T said is just as important as what IS said. I'm not hearing much about Sherrod being ready for OTAs and minicamps. And I agree that if the Packers take an OT in the first 4 rounds or so that it's a really bad sign on Sherrod.

XXXXXXXXXXX

On Worthy, I think he'll be PUP until mid-season. At that point, the Packers will either activate him or put him on IR. I'm not expecting much of a contribution from him this year.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to Bill Scott awhile back and he told me he thought Sherrod looked ready to go for TC and Worthy was likely a TC PUP. Probably see him back sometime mid-season. He would know a lot more about it than me.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
I'd like to have good news, but.......

In a recent JSO article by McGinn, he mentioned that there was enough concern about Newhouse that the Packers might be looking at an OT early in the draft. I believe he cited a "senior personnel" guy...I don't know who that can be.

I'm aware that some of you think that McGinn doesn't know any more than the rest of us but this guy actually gets to talk to people in the organization on a regular basis over the years and he builds relationships that allow him to say things as long as he protects the source. Or...the team could just be using him to spread disinformation before the draft. Take your pick.

But what struck me as odd about that was if they think Sherrod is going to be ready then why would they worry about Newhouse? Or why are they thinking about moving Bulaga to LT if Sherrod is healthy?

A lot of times, what ISN'T said is just as important as what IS said. I'm not hearing much about Sherrod being ready for OTAs and minicamps. And I agree that if the Packers take an OT in the first 4 rounds or so that it's a really bad sign on Sherrod.

XXXXXXXXXXX

On Worthy, I think he'll be PUP until mid-season. At that point, the Packers will either activate him or put him on IR. I'm not expecting much of a contribution from him this year.

McGinn does get a bad rap around here, I think he has cases where he writes a terrible article, but a lot of times he's an excellent source on the Pack. What I have noticed though, is they will feed him smokescreens, I remember the year we took Harrell, there were guys who told McGinn that TT and the staff loved Meachum and that was gonna be there guy, Meachum was on the board when we picked and we went elsewhere.

I think this year this whole "physicality" thing might be this years smokescreen. The problem with the theme is that I just don't see it working in this years draft. At OL you might have Pugh or Menelik Watson on the board, and I don't see a 1st round grade there. At DL, both Williams', Short, Hankins ect... I don't see anything different there than what's on the roster. If Sheldon Richardson falls to a team like Dallas, I'd throw our 3rd at them and try to move up, but WR, LB, TE, DB those are the positions I see value at late round 1.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
Or...the team could just be using him to spread disinformation before the draft. Take your pick.

A lot of times, what ISN'T said is just as important as what IS said. I'm not hearing much about Sherrod being ready for OTAs and minicamps.

I bet we hear more on Sherrod post-draft. No reason to give info away as to how a player is doing at a position we may target in the draft. Either we say he's doing good and teams think we are less of a threat to take an OT or we say he is doing poorly and make teams think we need an OT. Not saying anything at all is the best for right now.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
Or why are they thinking about moving Bulaga to LT if Sherrod is healthy?

That was one of my favorite McGinn pieces lately. In the article he quotes MM saying something along the lines of "We are not considering moving Bulaga to LT." Then McGinn acknowledges that and adds...."but despite that they might." It's so terrible it's funny.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kuhn wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
The Kuhn wrote:

Good stuff. Thanks dude
+1

When he says he's "ahead of schedule" , instead of "I'll be ready for camp" makes me pretty confident he'll miss some time. Seemingly untelling but the word choice points to that for me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: