Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens Forum 2013 NFL Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drd23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Ravens Forum 2013 NFL Draft Discussion Thread Reply with quote

First and foremost, everyone needs to remember that the Forum Rules still apply even if you're unhappy about what transpires. Feel free to express any excitement or frustrations, but do so appropriately.

To ensure optimal accessibility I encourage you to BOOKMARK THE FORUM PAGE in your web browser before Thursday if you have not already done so. During the draft and in particular during the first round the site has a huge influx of members logged in and frequently Webby has to go to a static page in place of the standard Index page due to server issues which will make it take sometimes a few minutes or more to get to the forum by navigating in from the home page. A direct link is your best route.

We will have one draft weekend discussion thread for general discussion (i.e. this one). We'll also have individual draft pick threads this year after each selection is made for discussion centered specifically around that player (I assume that c0 will be doing that again, if not someone else can volunteer). All duplicate threads will be locked so as to reduce clutter.

New this year, I am asking specifically to the members also following the draft on Twitter - PLEASE refrain from posting who the pick is before it's announced on TV. Last year several members expressed being frustrated with having the pick "spoiled" for them. I'd like to avoid that this year if at all possible.

Also, please refrain from posting pictures as they place a greater strain on the server and in such high-traffic times this negatively affects the ability of people to access the forum.

Most of all, everyone have fun with the draft this coming weekend, as it's the culmination of the part of the NFL season that brought many of us to the site in the first place.

Anyone with any questions please PM db or me.

Thanks guys.

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!

Last edited by drd23 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should've bolded the part where you say please don't spoil the picks by announcing them before they are announced on TV!

Good post.
dcarey20

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm becoming almost certain that we're going to trade out of that #32 spot on Thursday, barring the possibility that someone who is too good to pass on falls to that spot.

I feel pretty confident that there's going to be at least 5 or so prospects that we like enough to go back a few spots and nab them.

Elam, Cyprien, Minter, Ogletree, maybe even someone like Menelik Watson who we haven't really talked about is going to be around that range IMO.

Regardless of what happens, I think our first pick is going to be a really good player that we can all get on board with.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
I'm becoming almost certain that we're going to trade out of that #32 spot on Thursday, barring the possibility that someone who is too good to pass on falls to that spot.

I feel pretty confident that there's going to be at least 5 or so prospects that we like enough to go back a few spots and nab them.

Elam, Cyprien, Minter, Ogletree, maybe even someone like Menelik Watson who we haven't really talked about is going to be around that range IMO.

Regardless of what happens, I think our first pick is going to be a really good player that we can all get on board with.

I'd almost guarantee Watson won't be Baltimore's first pick. He's far too much of a project/inexperienced.

2012 - Upshaw
2011 - Smith
2010 - Kindle
2009 - Oher
2008 - Flacco
2007 - Grubbs
2006 - Ngata
2005 - Clayton
2004 - Edwards (pick 51)
2003 - Suggs
2002 - Reed

Notice a trend? It's not a coincidence either. The other night Jeremiah was on NFLN talking about his time with the Ravens and he said Ozzie had a saying (or something) like he wants to hit doubles with his first picks and not swing for home runs. To me Watson would definitely fall in the home run type of pick.

I'll make the individual draft pick threads again. I'm going to be around anyways so it's no hardship on me.
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
dcarey20 wrote:

I'd almost guarantee Watson won't be Baltimore's first pick. He's far too much of a project/inexperienced.

2012 - Upshaw
2011 - Smith
2010 - Kindle
2009 - Oher
2008 - Flacco
2007 - Grubbs
2006 - Ngata
2005 - Clayton
2004 - Edwards (pick 51)
2003 - Suggs
2002 - Reed

Notice a trend? It's not a coincidence either. The other night Jeremiah was on NFLN talking about his time with the Ravens and he said Ozzie had a saying (or something) like he wants to hit doubles with his first picks and not swing for home runs. To me Watson would definitely fall in the home run type of pick.

I'll make the individual draft pick threads again. I'm going to be around anyways so it's no hardship on me.

Sorry for being slow, but I don't see the trend? It can't be that we hit doubles and not home runs because on that list I see 2 DPOYs, arguably the best DLineman in the league, and a SB MVP. Could you explain because I'm curious?

GO RAVENS!!
dcarey20

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Ravens2 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
dcarey20 wrote:

2012 - Upshaw
2011 - Smith
2010 - Kindle
2009 - Oher
2008 - Flacco
2007 - Grubbs
2006 - Ngata
2005 - Clayton
2004 - Edwards (pick 51)
2003 - Suggs
2002 - Reed

Sorry for being slow, but I don't see the trend? It can't be that we hit doubles and not home runs because on that list I see 2 DPOYs, arguably the best DLineman in the league, and a SB MVP. Could you explain because I'm curious?

Menelik Watson was more of an example that we could pick someone that we as posters on this board haven't talked about. I think we all know guys like Elam, Cyprien, Minter, etc. would be on our radar, I'm just saying it wouldnt shock me if we trade back and take someone we haven't talked about. Watson was an example. Justin Pugh another. Maybe a receiver like a Justin Hunter. That was more my point.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Ravens2 wrote:

All of those guys had a lot of experience in college (except maybe Flacco) and you knew what you were getting with them as well as being ready to play right away. Some of those guys were definitely "homerun" picks but at the worst their floor was probably going to be as a "double" or a solid player. I should have explained the concept a bit more.

dcarey20 wrote:
Menelik Watson was more of an example that we could pick someone that we as posters on this board haven't talked about. I think we all know guys like Elam, Cyprien, Minter, etc. would be on our radar, I'm just saying it wouldnt shock me if we trade back and take someone we haven't talked about. Watson was an example. Justin Pugh another. Maybe a receiver like a Justin Hunter. That was more my point.

Oh I don't disagree with that point just Watson specifically being a target. To me Hunter kind of fits in the same category but he's a really hard prospect to peg. Pugh is a guy I think fits what you're talking about the best (in my opinion). I wouldn't be totally shocked to see him be the pick at 32 or a few spots back. I'm leery of a guy with his length at LT but I could see the front office liking him.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just think... this time tomorrow we could be trading back and learning nothing new of significance about the composition of our team. Laughing

CAN'T WAIT
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh you know it's going to happen after waiting all the way until the 32nd pick. I'm crossing my fingers for Brown or Cyprien though.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Just think... this time tomorrow we could be trading back and learning nothing new of significance about the composition of our team. Laughing

CAN'T WAIT

I fully expect that to happen. The draft doesn't get underway until midnight, UK time, so I'll be waiting up until what... 3am to find out what the Ravens are going to do.

But I'm looking forward to seeing what all the other teams do as well. This is the first year I've really paid attention to college football and the draft process, and feel pretty confident that I'm going to know a fair bit about every first round pick.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

CAN'T WAIT

I fully expect that to happen. The draft doesn't get underway until midnight, UK time, so I'll be waiting up until what... 3am to find out what the Ravens are going to do.

But I'm looking forward to seeing what all the other teams do as well. This is the first year I've really paid attention to college football and the draft process, and feel pretty confident that I'm going to know a fair bit about every first round pick.

It actually doesn't get underway until 1am BST. If every team takes their full alotted 10 minutes then the Ravens could be picking after 6am UK time. My plan is to just go to bed and rewatch it on NFL Network the next day while trying to avoid all the chatter.

I wish they would go back to the Saturday 5pm BST start time. At least I could watch the best part of the draft then.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcdni wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

CAN'T WAIT

It actually doesn't get underway until 1am BST. If every team takes their full alotted 10 minutes then the Ravens could be picking after 6am UK time. My plan is to just go to bed and rewatch it on NFL Network the next day while trying to avoid all the chatter.

I wish they would go back to the Saturday 5pm BST start time. At least I could watch the best part of the draft then.

Well... crap.

Ah, I'll just stay up and see what happens. I'm not working tomorrow, so if I can stay awake, I probably will. Otherwise I'll just watch it tomorrow while waiting for the second round to start.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have physics lab tonight from 6-9:30 PST so HOPEFULLY every team will stall so that when I'm done I'll have time to come home and watch us trade out of the 1st round and today will just be a huge let down!
dcarey20

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if by some miracle Cordarrelle Patterson fell to us? Everyone's been talking about him slipping, and even NFLN mentioned him as an outside chance to get to the bottom of round 1. Its still a ridiculous longshot IMO, but oh my that would be amazing.
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
What if by some miracle Cordarrelle Patterson fell to us? Everyone's been talking about him slipping, and even NFLN mentioned him as an outside chance to get to the bottom of round 1. Its still a ridiculous longshot IMO, but oh my that would be amazing.

If he does fall towards the end of the first, we'd have to use one of our extra picks (which thankfully we have plenty of) to move ahead of teams like Houston and New England.

GO RAVENS!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 1 of 34

Jump to: