Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thoughts on Cosell's mock draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
popie70

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Thoughts on Cosell's mock draft Reply with quote

So I saw this in the draft forum and was curious what everyone else thought. Greg Cosell released his mock draft and it has some interesting things in it, namely Dee Milliner falling to us @17. He doesn't have an trades and I doubt he falls that far but if this was somehow the scenario what would you guys think? Would you pick him or would you trade back because there would have to be someone dying to move up for him.

Like I said the guy didn't have any trades so it's not super realistic but just something to discuss until Thursday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/greg-cosell-mock-draft-picks-17-32-132849912--nfl.html
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the pick, but pretty unrealistic. Ansah falling to 19???

Go Noles!
popie70

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJtheWicked wrote:
I love the pick, but pretty unrealistic. Ansah falling to 19???

I know he was going for something different. I don't know his track record with the draft so I can't really call him a genius or a moron Laughing
Steelers22

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosell is one of the best in the business along with Mayock in my opinion. It's not really all that important who he picks for a team it's more about what he says about the prospects. Essentially, his mock draft is really just his big board

props to dawg24
Josh C Smith

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see anyhow Milliner falls out of top 10 let alone 17.

But if it happened I'd be very happy.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Josh C Smith

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he fell out of the top 12 or so would you trade this years 3rd to trade up to get him?

I would if Jarvis Jones was somehow off the board in the top 12 (which could possibly happen but i doubt it)

I realize we need the picks but we could trade down in the 2nd and still get Jamie Collins, or whatever and pick up an extra 4th and 5th then go best availible both times in the 4th and get 2, 3rd round caliber prospects.

It would be ideal to get him at 17, but I'd truly be shocked if he made it that far.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya never know. Someone always falls, but some of those are a little crazy.

I like Millner, but there is no way Id take him over Ansah. Millner IMO is the only first round corner in the draft IMO, but he isnt an elite prospect by any means. He is a safer pick than Anssah, but Ansah fills a bigger needs and has a MUCH MUCH MUCH higher ceiling.

There are probably a few others available Id take over Millner as well.
mosteelers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't really been following corners, nor do I know what is going on in NFL scouting rooms.

However, I have heard DJ Hayden has been skyrocketing and Rhodes. Do they pass Millner? I don't know but they both probably have more upside.

Could all be rumors that fans like me eat like candy (preferably Heath Bars, love those!).

Sig courtesy of miafins23 Thanks
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers22 wrote:
Cosell is one of the best in the business along with Mayock in my opinion. It's not really all that important who he picks for a team it's more about what he says about the prospects. Essentially, his mock draft is really just his big board

One of the smarter things I've seen stated in this forum in quite some time. Someone actually gets it!

...you have a forum resume?
popie70

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mosteelers"]However, I have heard DJ Hayden has been skyrocketing and Rhodes. Do they pass Millner? I don't know but they both probably have mor upside.[quote]

I know Mayock loves Hayden and has him rated as his number 1 corner. My big worry with him is the injury he had, it has like a 90% fatality rate and the guy is back to running and football within 6 months? I know he has been cleared by doctors and everything but that is just not something i would mess with.
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottom line...if we walked away Thursday night w/ Milliner, it'd be hard to be upset w/ the pick. Not a "hands" guy by any means, but Ike isn't either, and no one complains much about him.

Let's face it, Ike's got a year or two max as a starter, so if we picked a CB a year early to develop? Fine with me. But as far as the mock goes, I'd personally rather take the chance on Ansah as being a difference maker in the next couple of years.

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milliner might be dropping on some team's boards because he needed shoulder surgery in March which was already his fifth surgery overall.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the reigning MVP's sig!
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, if Ansah and/or Millner are at 17...who do you take, either one might be the biggest steal in the draft. And Xavier Rhodes dropping to 24??? I'll believe that when I see it.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
popie70

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
First of all, if Ansah and/or Millner are at 17...who do you take, either one might be the biggest steal in the draft. And Xavier Rhodes dropping to 24??? I'll believe that when I see it.

I actually don't have a problem with that. With Revis going to Tampa that eliminates his top suitor.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: