Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With only days left, what are your BOLD Niner predictions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Frisco$finest


Joined: 25 Dec 2005
Posts: 1057
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
Frisco$finest wrote:
I actually had a dream that there was a gluttony of talent slipped to the end of round 1, so we traded out of the 1st round for a 2014 1st rounder for a team to draft a QB. We then did the same at #34. Traded up to #38 to take DJ Swearinger.


Probably not happening where we end up with 3 first round picks.

So my prediction(s)....

-We trade up to #14 seeing that we have a trade history with Carolina and pull the trigger on a player not projected to go that high (ex: SEA taking Bruce Irvin). We had a lot of interest in him and I don't think we want that to happen again.

-We draft Tharold Simon (not at #14 though)

-We do not draft Mathieu or Lattimore


So on board with this prediction...very much dislike the idea of drafting a guy who failed so many drug tests LSU had to dismiss him and a guy whose knees apparently cannot stay connected. The worst knee injuries I have ever seen happened to this guy--not just one, but both! No thank you to Matthieu and Lattimore.
. Frank gore blew out both his knees in college and came back strong. Lattimore is a baller, if he can come back healthy, he could be an every down back in the NFL. We don't need him for this season as much so stashing him on the inactive lists or pup sounds great to me, I just wonder when exactly our fo would pull the trigger because I think a lot of teams have interest in him.

And yes goldson was a corner in college


I doubt Gore's knees looked like Lattimore's and Gore had already had his fixed...big difference. Gore had already bounced back and showed he could perform at a high level. Lattimore is still mending and man was it UGLY.


The only reason I think the bolded will happen (or wont) is because I think a team will pull the trigger 1 round early on both Mathieu and Lattimore. I can see Mathieu going to someone in RD 2 to be honest.
_________________
"You look up and you see us shining down on you...." - Lupe Fiasco
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 13744
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me that a couple days or so ago there was a rumor floated that we might move up to take a d-line guy. Before that I cannot remember very many posts that were suggesting a trade up to grab a d-line guy. Certainly not a trade up into the low teens. Now the majority of these "surprise" moves include moving up to take a dlineman. A case of group-think perhaps?

I've been wanting us to get a potential Justin replacement for as far back as last draft. I'm just not sure how much we want to give up to take a shot at one, especially with a big part of our defense (Goldson) and of our offense (Walker) not adequately, in my mind at least, addressed. I guess if the team is convinced that Richardson can be another Justin, or Star a guy with the kind of impact Suh has, then maybe. I'm just not jumping on that bandwagon.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chrissooner49er


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 3999
Location: Tulsa, OK
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wanting our 9ers to trade up for a DL heir-apparent to Justin Smith ever since I started paying attention to the draft (which would be the 4th quarter of the SB... Crying or Very sad ). I just don't see how all 13 picks would make it on this team. So, that means we have extra 'Draft Capital' to spend to get the players we want rather than seeing who falls to us. We let them fall to us last year and look what that got us? We're still wondering. Evil or Very Mad

It did not take any rumor mill for me to want to trade up.
_________________
fa·nat·ic (f-ntk)
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.
Draft wishes:1st-Beckham/Cooks,Fuller/Verrett;2nd-T. Murphy,Moncrief,Su'a-Filo,M. Smith;3rd-Abbrederis,Ben Gardner,J.Watkins,T. Reilly...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 6934
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
It seems to me that a couple days or so ago there was a rumor floated that we might move up to take a d-line guy. Before that I cannot remember very many posts that were suggesting a trade up to grab a d-line guy. Certainly not a trade up into the low teens. Now the majority of these "surprise" moves include moving up to take a dlineman. A case of group-think perhaps?

I've been wanting us to get a potential Justin replacement for as far back as last draft. I'm just not sure how much we want to give up to take a shot at one, especially with a big part of our defense (Goldson) and of our offense (Walker) not adequately, in my mind at least, addressed. I guess if the team is convinced that Richardson can be another Justin, or Star a guy with the kind of impact Suh has, then maybe. I'm just not jumping on that bandwagon.


I can't speak for everyone, but my belief in that actually stems from carradine. I've said in other posts that I just can't see us trading up for anyone else, and I think we have a very high interest in him. His stock has gone up, thus I see the need to trade up if we want him. A lot of us wanted pass rush help from the jump though, we just thought it'd be datone jones
_________________


Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 39793
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
It seems to me that a couple days or so ago there was a rumor floated that we might move up to take a d-line guy. Before that I cannot remember very many posts that were suggesting a trade up to grab a d-line guy. Certainly not a trade up into the low teens. Now the majority of these "surprise" moves include moving up to take a dlineman. A case of group-think perhaps?

I've been wanting us to get a potential Justin replacement for as far back as last draft. I'm just not sure how much we want to give up to take a shot at one, especially with a big part of our defense (Goldson) and of our offense (Walker) not adequately, in my mind at least, addressed. I guess if the team is convinced that Richardson can be another Justin, or Star a guy with the kind of impact Suh has, then maybe. I'm just not jumping on that bandwagon.


I can't speak for everyone, but my belief in that actually stems from carradine. I've said in other posts that I just can't see us trading up for anyone else, and I think we have a very high interest in him. His stock has gone up, thus I see the need to trade up if we want him. A lot of us wanted pass rush help from the jump though, we just thought it'd be datone jones


So are you suggesting that there's a leak in our F/O plans? ... that once Carradine started rising up boards, we made plans to go get him... and that was somehow leaked?

I'm having a hard time believing this "rumor" has any legs to begin with. Seems more a creation of some unknown source that knows we likely have interest in DL help + we have the draft ammunition to move up plenty.
_________________

___
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 6934
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Forge wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
It seems to me that a couple days or so ago there was a rumor floated that we might move up to take a d-line guy. Before that I cannot remember very many posts that were suggesting a trade up to grab a d-line guy. Certainly not a trade up into the low teens. Now the majority of these "surprise" moves include moving up to take a dlineman. A case of group-think perhaps?

I've been wanting us to get a potential Justin replacement for as far back as last draft. I'm just not sure how much we want to give up to take a shot at one, especially with a big part of our defense (Goldson) and of our offense (Walker) not adequately, in my mind at least, addressed. I guess if the team is convinced that Richardson can be another Justin, or Star a guy with the kind of impact Suh has, then maybe. I'm just not jumping on that bandwagon.


I can't speak for everyone, but my belief in that actually stems from carradine. I've said in other posts that I just can't see us trading up for anyone else, and I think we have a very high interest in him. His stock has gone up, thus I see the need to trade up if we want him. A lot of us wanted pass rush help from the jump though, we just thought it'd be datone jones


So are you suggesting that there's a leak in our F/O plans? ... that once Carradine started rising up boards, we made plans to go get him... and that was somehow leaked?

I'm having a hard time believing this "rumor" has any legs to begin with. Seems more a creation of some unknown source that knows we likely have interest in DL help + we have the draft ammunition to move up plenty.


Possibly theres a leak, though I doubt it. again, can't speak for everyone, I'm just following the logic, and yes the rumor about the trade up does add a little weight to it.

Here's the logic; A) we have met with every first round prospect we have draft (and I believe most of our seconds) since Baalke took over. B) The only people I have seen that we have met with and worked out that would require a trade up would be Tavon Austin and Tank Carradine. I can't believe that we would trade up that far for Austin, who would be no better than a third option in our offense and more of a special weapon than an every down offensive contributor (my own personal opinion of his fit in our offense). I don't see the value of giving up what it would take to get Austin when they guy may not touch the ball 60 times offensively. So my own logic would suggest that if we are trading up for someone, it's Tank. C) While Baalke has consistently fooled us with the prospect the 49ers have taken every year, the positions have been right. 3 years ago, it was offensive line. Everyone thought Bulage, we took Davis and Iupati. Two years ago it was pass rush/dline help. Everyone thought Quinn, we took Smith. Last year it was wide receiver. Everyone thought stephen Hill, we took Jenkins. This year its safety and pass rush help; we could certainly trade up for Vaccaro, but we haven't met with him or worked him out and he's the only safety that would require a trade up. That leaves Carradine.

Now, the timing of the rumor could be coincidental, but it coincides right when tank has a fantastic work out for nfl scouts (a workout we sent the best defensive line coach in the nfl to) and his stock goes up where it would require a trade up to get him?

Again, that's all circumstantial, and it relies a lot on history that may not continue this year as well as connecting the dots that could very well be imaginary, and I'm in no way saying that's what will happen, just that i *can* see it happening. there was no talk of trading up before for pass rush help because most people believed both tank and Datone would be available at 31 so there was no need to trade up. I said it several days ago in another thread that Tank was the only person i could see us trading up for. I thought we had legitimate interest...we worked him out privately and met with him, went to his proday.

just my two cents though. I could come up with more, but I think you can see my point, if not necessarily agree with it.
_________________


Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AndyLeesAunt


Joined: 21 Feb 2013
Posts: 954
Location: New York
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:

Possibly theres a leak, though I doubt it. again, can't speak for everyone, I'm just following the logic, and yes the rumor about the trade up does add a little weight to it.

Here's the logic; A) we have met with every first round prospect we have draft (and I believe most of our seconds) since Baalke took over. B) The only people I have seen that we have met with and worked out that would require a trade up would be Tavon Austin and Tank Carradine. I can't believe that we would trade up that far for Austin, who would be no better than a third option in our offense and more of a special weapon than an every down offensive contributor (my own personal opinion of his fit in our offense). I don't see the value of giving up what it would take to get Austin when they guy may not touch the ball 60 times offensively. So my own logic would suggest that if we are trading up for someone, it's Tank. C) While Baalke has consistently fooled us with the prospect the 49ers have taken every year, the positions have been right. 3 years ago, it was offensive line. Everyone thought Bulage, we took Davis and Iupati. Two years ago it was pass rush/dline help. Everyone thought Quinn, we took Smith. Last year it was wide receiver. Everyone thought stephen Hill, we took Jenkins. This year its safety and pass rush help; we could certainly trade up for Vaccaro, but we haven't met with him or worked him out and he's the only safety that would require a trade up. That leaves Carradine.

Now, the timing of the rumor could be coincidental, but it coincides right when tank has a fantastic work out for nfl scouts (a workout we sent the best defensive line coach in the nfl to) and his stock goes up where it would require a trade up to get him?

Again, that's all circumstantial, and it relies a lot on history that may not continue this year as well as connecting the dots that could very well be imaginary, and I'm in no way saying that's what will happen, just that i *can* see it happening. there was no talk of trading up before for pass rush help because most people believed both tank and Datone would be available at 31 so there was no need to trade up. I said it several days ago in another thread that Tank was the only person i could see us trading up for. I thought we had legitimate interest...we worked him out privately and met with him, went to his proday.

just my two cents though. I could come up with more, but I think you can see my point, if not necessarily agree with it.


+10000 points #GENIUS

I could not agree more with your thought process.. unless we just do not happen to trade up which is also a possibility..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 39793
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:

just my two cents though. I could come up with more, but I think you can see my point, if not necessarily agree with it.


At least, you did a fine job of breaking down and clearing up your thinking for me... thanks for that.

I think you may be over-thinking things here, but I so do like your apparent love for the draft, and see your logic here.
_________________

___
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 6934
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Forge wrote:

just my two cents though. I could come up with more, but I think you can see my point, if not necessarily agree with it.


At least, you did a fine job of breaking down and clearing up your thinking for me... thanks for that.

I think you may be over-thinking things here, but I so do like your apparent love for the draft, and see your logic here.


lol boredom at work is very bad as you can see what results. And I've been very very bored at work the last few weeks....and i really do love the draft Laughing
_________________


Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 39793
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Forge wrote:

just my two cents though. I could come up with more, but I think you can see my point, if not necessarily agree with it.


At least, you did a fine job of breaking down and clearing up your thinking for me... thanks for that.

I think you may be over-thinking things here, but I so do like your apparent love for the draft, and see your logic here.


lol boredom at work is very bad as you can see what results. And I've been very very bored at work the last few weeks....and i really do love the draft Laughing


I hear ya.. I'm feeling some slight regret that I didn't make time to do my annual 7 round full mock this time. Guess it's kinda pointless anyways... but I started doing one the other day and realized that there just wasn't gonna be enough time... and I enjoyed the process. Sad
_________________

___
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike


Joined: 03 Jan 2009
Posts: 681
Location: San Luis Obispo
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts while deliberating:
Looking at the new Harvard draft value chart, it is well within the realm of possibility that the 49ers trade into the middle (9-19) of round 1 twice while still maintaining a pick in every round. If that were the case, it would make sense for S. Richardson / Star (if he slips)/ Floyd (if he slides)/ D. Jones (if Trent gets the yips) and either their top rated Safety or an excellent Pass Rusher like Tank.

In this scenario, TB and JH can still work magic and manuever their remaining picks for more picks next season if they feel so inclined. They also get 2 excellent players that can play for 5 years at a discounted rate under their rookie contracts.

My prediction: 49ers trade up twice into the early/middle of the 1st round.
_________________

De Oppresso Liber
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Psychlone


Joined: 15 Mar 2008
Posts: 3718
Location: Marin County, CA.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike wrote:
Thoughts while deliberating:
Looking at the new Harvard draft value chart, it is well within the realm of possibility that the 49ers trade into the middle (9-19) of round 1 twice while still maintaining a pick in every round. If that were the case, it would make sense for S. Richardson / Star (if he slips)/ Floyd (if he slides)/ D. Jones (if Trent gets the yips) and either their top rated Safety or an excellent Pass Rusher like Tank.

In this scenario, TB and JH can still work magic and manuever their remaining picks for more picks next season if they feel so inclined. They also get 2 excellent players that can play for 5 years at a discounted rate under their rookie contracts.

My prediction: 49ers trade up twice into the early/middle of the 1st round.
Very intriguing thought... I'm assuming your thinking #31+#93 and #34+#74+#128 to trade down. Not familiar with this Harvard value chart and not so confident that we could get down into the teens twice but I can see us conceivably dipping down a bit and getting a couple of players they really covet.
Make it so!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike


Joined: 03 Jan 2009
Posts: 681
Location: San Luis Obispo
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
Madmike wrote:
Thoughts while deliberating:
Looking at the new Harvard draft value chart, it is well within the realm of possibility that the 49ers trade into the middle (9-19) of round 1 twice while still maintaining a pick in every round. If that were the case, it would make sense for S. Richardson / Star (if he slips)/ Floyd (if he slides)/ D. Jones (if Trent gets the yips) and either their top rated Safety or an excellent Pass Rusher like Tank.

In this scenario, TB and JH can still work magic and manuever their remaining picks for more picks next season if they feel so inclined. They also get 2 excellent players that can play for 5 years at a discounted rate under their rookie contracts.

My prediction: 49ers trade up twice into the early/middle of the 1st round.
Very intriguing thought... I'm assuming your thinking #31+#93 and #34+#74+#128 to trade down. Not familiar with this Harvard value chart and not so confident that we could get down into the teens twice but I can see us conceivably dipping down and getting a couple of players they really covet.
Make it so!


http://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2011/11/30/how-to-value-nfl-draft-picks/

Here's the link to the chart, it is half way down the article.

I'm thinking:
#31 (203 pts) + #128 (76.2pts) = #13 (276.8pts)
#34 (173.3 pts) + #74 (118.4 pts) = #11 (291 pts)

Remaining Picks:
#61 (132.7 pts)
#93 (101.1 pts)
#131 - comp pick
#157 (60 pts)
#173 (52.3 pts)
#180 (49.1 pts)
#237 - N/A
#246 - comp pick
#252 - comp pick

In retrospect, the 9ers wouldn't have a 4th round pick but they still would have 11 picks. So that got me to thinking... What else could they want?
Safety, Pash Rusher, DE, and TE...

SO

How about this, which would definitely satisfy controlling the draft as we have never seen before:

#34 (173.3 pts) + #74 (118.4 pts) = #11 (291 pts) - Used on (DE/OLB that slides)
#31 (203 pts) + #128 (76.2pts) = #13 (276.8pts) - Top Safety on their board
#61 (132.7 pts) + #93 (101.1 pts) = #21 (232.1 pts) - Tank / Pass-rushing OLB/ TE

Remaining Picks:
#131 - comp pick
#157 (60 pts)
#173 (52.3 pts)
#180 (49.1 pts)
#237 - N/A
#246 - comp pick
#252 - comp pick

To be honest, I'm more interested in quality than quantity at this point. In the 7-20 range there will be studs that fall and the 49ers definitely have the ability to make moves to get 1, 2 maybe even three of these guys that fall past their value according to the 49ers draft board. (D. Jordan, Star, Floyd, Vaccaro, etc.) Also there is added value in 1st round picks because of the 5 year rookie contract.

DISCLAIMER:*** These specific examples aren't meant to predict what will happen, simply to illustrate some of the possibilities that the 49ers can take advantage of *** and of course this is assuming that teams that are trading back are willing to foolow the Harvard value sheet. But in case I'm right, you heard it here first haha.
_________________

De Oppresso Liber
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AT49ers


Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 559
Location: DC,washington
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We draft Baccari Rambo with our 31 pick.

that is all.
_________________


props to WalterRedskins on the great sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gore Whore 21


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 4302
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AT49ers wrote:
We draft Baccari Rambo with our 31 pick.

that is all.


God I hope not.
_________________
saintsfan on the sig

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group