Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Arizona Cardinals Draft Talk Thread - Getting Closer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
Watford played at James Madison last year...he is not ready to start at the NFL level.

Eric Fisher went to Central Michigan last year he is not ready to start at the NFL level Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
shawn wrote:
Watford played at James Madison last year...he is not ready to start at the NFL level.

Eric Fisher went to Central Michigan last year he is not ready to start at the NFL level Rolling Eyes

Not sure if serious...?

sig made by mike23md
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
shawn wrote:

Not sure if serious...?

I'm saying school you went to doesn't matter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
shawn wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
shawn wrote:

Not sure if serious...?

he is not nearly as talented or physically gifted as Eric Fisher. And yes, it does matter.

If Watford starts week one, we are in trouble.

sig made by mike23md
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
shawn wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
shawn wrote:

Not sure if serious...?

he is not nearly as talented or physically gifted as Eric Fisher. And yes, it does matter.

And if College or Snyder starts week one we are in trouble, lose lose situation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
shawn wrote:

Even Central Michigan is on a whole other level of competition than James Madison. The James Madisons of the world are the teams Central Michigan play as a warm up game to beat up on and get ready for their season. That's saying something.
shawn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
shawn wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
shawn wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
shawn wrote:

Not sure if serious...?

And if College or Snyder starts week one we are in trouble, lose lose situation

snyder, yes, without question. College has played good football in the past, and while my confidence in him is not exactly high, I have not completely given up on him yet, either.

Starting Watford week one could cause a lot of damage to his development as well. he was drafted as a project, no to be thrown into the fire.

sig made by mike23md
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

School means nothing

If you are good enough you play

Watford is Cooper - lite yes, however 5 months in a pro system, he will be fine.

Also, Steve McNair was small school, how did that work out for him?

Ware was small school too, Troy werent 1A when he played there I think.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
School means nothing

If you are good enough you play

Watford is Cooper - lite yes, however 5 months in a pro system, he will be fine.

Also, Steve McNair was small school, how did that work out for him?

Ware was small school too, Troy werent 1A when he played there I think.

The competition you face does matter. It's hard enough already to transition to the speed and strength of the NFL. Facing inferior competition for 4 years instead of say SEC competition does make a difference. The transition period could take longer. And the coaching styles of SEC coaches probably more resembles the NFL than that of James Madison. It's the same in any sport.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're good it doesn't matter what school you went to. Kurt went to Northern Iowa 1AA school

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
If you're good it doesn't matter what school you went to. Kurt went to Northern Iowa 1AA school

Kurt Warner didn't make an impact in the NFL til he was around 30 years old. That kind of proves my point. I'm not saying you can't be good if you went to a small school, but usually it takes longer to transition into the NFL.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

Kurt Warner didn't make an impact in the NFL til he was around 30 years old. That kind of proves my point. I'm not saying you can't be good if you went to a small school, but usually it takes longer to transition into the NFL.

I'm trying to say that talent comes from everywhere and it can't be overlooked like Kurt was

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Steve McNair sit for 3 years before he became a starter?

sig made by mike23md
apollo14000

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

I'm trying to say that talent comes from everywhere and it can't be overlooked like Kurt was

I'm not saying it doesn't. I'm saying it'll usually take longer to develop that talent if you're coming from a small school. Kurt wasn't overlooked after college. He simply wasn't that good of a talent at that point in time. It took him awhile.

Which all brings me back to the original point that was made. Watford, like a lot of small school guys, is not ready to play a starting role.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

I'm not saying it doesn't. I'm saying it'll usually take longer to develop that talent if you're coming from a small school. Kurt wasn't overlooked after college. He simply wasn't that good of a talent at that point in time. It took him awhile.

Which all brings me back to the original point that was made. Watford, like a lot of small school guys, is not ready to play a starting role.

Ok fair enough, I still think he has a good chance to be starting at the end of the season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 52 of 53

Jump to: