Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Arizona Cardinals Draft Talk Thread - Getting Closer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ramsfan28


Moderator
Joined: 18 Sep 2006
Posts: 7012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sick draft for the Cardinals! NFC West is going to be a beast this season.
_________________


Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF


ViolentMonk71 wrote:


We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Wr80


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 492
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams fan here my god did I love/hate your draft. You guys had such a good draft where I can no longer just put you as a W =( I loved every pick. Good luck next year and stop getting so tough!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5229
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rams fan.

NFC West is now the power divison

Have to argue that SF and SEA are the 2 best teams, just ahead of GB.

Then Rams are chasing playoff spots as well.

Hard for us to climb out of the basement this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chg91


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 2298
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2013 NFL DRAFT RANG'S GANG: OG: Matt Summers-Gavin, California, 6-4, 310, 5.49...Summers-Gavin entered the 2012 season viewed as a possible top 100 prospect but fell off the radar after a nagging knee injury limited him to just seven starts in his senior campaign. Gritty, versatile and a competitor, he's going to make some team look brilliant by finding a future starter on Day Three. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com


Sounds like a ZBS/pulling guard according to nfl.com. Hope he makes the team.


Last edited by Chg91 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50829
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chg91 wrote:
Quote:
2013 NFL DRAFT RANG'S GANG: OG: Matt Summers-Gavin, California, 6-4, 310, 5.49...Summers-Gavin entered the 2012 season viewed as a possible top 100 prospect but fell off the radar after a nagging knee injury limited him to just seven starts in his senior campaign. Gritty, versatile and a competitor, he's going to make some team look brilliant by finding a future starter on Day Three. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com


Sounds like a ZBS/pulling guard according to nfl.com. Hope he makes the team.


Did we pick him up in UDFA? Seems like we are definitely looking to create a more mobile offensive line. That could mean the end for Levi Brown. Nate Potter is a far more mobile player than Levi.

I watched some games over the past couple of days from 2012 and the number of times I saw Bobby Massie used as a pulling Tackle was surprising.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Chg91


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 2298
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Did we pick him up in UDFA? Seems like we are definitely looking to create a more mobile offensive line. That could mean the end for Levi Brown. Nate Potter is a far more mobile player than Levi.

I watched some games over the past couple of days from 2012 and the number of times I saw Bobby Massie used as a pulling Tackle was surprising.


Yeah, sorry. Thought I specified. UDFA pickup. We also picked up Dan Giordano out of Cinci and Korey James out of Wyoming according to nepatriotsdraft. Both OLBs. Can't find anything on James, but here's Giordano's scouting report from NFP. Don't think he makes the team.


I can't see us dumping Levi or else we probably would have already, and I do think there was something to all that love Arians heaped onto him when he got here, but it does seem like we're going to a ZBS-style line which is the absolute worst fit for him.

If I had to guess, we keep Levi for the year and try to force a square peg into a round hole just because we don't really have anything else (assuming those rumors/reports of Potter being moved to guard prove to be true), ditch him next off-season and find our ideal blindside tackle then.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
apollo14000


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 4239
Location: PA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Chg91 wrote:
Quote:
2013 NFL DRAFT RANG'S GANG: OG: Matt Summers-Gavin, California, 6-4, 310, 5.49...Summers-Gavin entered the 2012 season viewed as a possible top 100 prospect but fell off the radar after a nagging knee injury limited him to just seven starts in his senior campaign. Gritty, versatile and a competitor, he's going to make some team look brilliant by finding a future starter on Day Three. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com


Sounds like a ZBS/pulling guard according to nfl.com. Hope he makes the team.


Did we pick him up in UDFA? Seems like we are definitely looking to create a more mobile offensive line. That could mean the end for Levi Brown. Nate Potter is a far more mobile player than Levi.

I watched some games over the past couple of days from 2012 and the number of times I saw Bobby Massie used as a pulling Tackle was surprising.


I remember seeing a few "experts" or posters list Summers-Gavin as a sleeper pick. He dropped due to an MCL sprain in 2012 but before that he started a lot of games at Cal and they run a very sophisticated offense. He's played LG and RT at Cal (We have so many LG right now). He has experience practicing against a 3-4 defense since that's what they ran at Cal. The guy has T-Rex arms though (29 1/4").

I definitely like the move to more mobile lineman. It helps with pass protection a lot. And since we seem to be getting guards who are not only athletic but pretty stocky as well (Cooper, Watford), we won't lose much in the run game either. I would have liked to have seen Omoregie Uzzi picked up for the same reason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50829
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chg91 wrote:
If I had to guess, we keep Levi for the year and try to force a square peg into a round hole just because we don't really have anything else (assuming those rumors/reports of Potter being moved to guard prove to be true), ditch him next off-season and find our ideal blindside tackle then.


Though looking at what we have at tackle (Massie, Potter, Brown) and what we have at guard (Colledge, Snyder, Cooper, Watford, Kelemete, Summers-Gavin et al)

I would suggest the movement of Potter to Guard is but a distant memory.

I think the staff new the spot they had to target was guard and were looking at how to fix it; Move guys like Potter/Massie inside, grab a tackle in the draft was one option. It seems to have played out that with the addition of two guards in the draft that move is not going to happen.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 13099
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to believe Watson, Kelemete or Potter couldnt beat out a 31 year old Adam Snyder. We keep Cooper at LG and cuts Colledge/Snyder giving us the flexibility to easily extend PP and maybe Roberts.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boise&cards Fan


Joined: 02 Dec 2010
Posts: 3132
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea of Potter/Massie moving into Guard always seemed like a smoke screen to me. Neither of them really fit well on the inside and outside of Levi are the only two to get any real Love from BA. I think Guards were always the plan.
_________________

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5229
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mobile line is a good one

I can see Levi surving, he is not a block of concrete, should be ok for us, at least short term.

Love to extend Roberts, cost is an issue, $4 mil a year works for me.

Cutting Synder pays for Roberts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chg91


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 2298
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
The idea of Potter/Massie moving into Guard always seemed like a smoke screen to me. Neither of them really fit well on the inside and outside of Levi are the only two to get any real Love from BA. I think Guards were always the plan.


Nah. There was way too much about us loving Fisher coming from everyone for that to be the case.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boise&cards Fan


Joined: 02 Dec 2010
Posts: 3132
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chg91 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:
The idea of Potter/Massie moving into Guard always seemed like a smoke screen to me. Neither of them really fit well on the inside and outside of Levi are the only two to get any real Love from BA. I think Guards were always the plan.


Nah. There was way too much about us loving Fisher coming from everyone for that to be the case.


There was never a chance of Arizona landing Fisher they had to know that.
_________________

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 13099
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potter & Watford seem to have good enough feet to play there. It should be a 3-man competition for RG in TC/preseason.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shawn


Joined: 02 Nov 2005
Posts: 5995
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watford played at James Madison last year...he is not ready to start at the NFL level.
_________________

sig made by mike23md
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 51 of 53

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group