Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Winder23 Final Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an awesome mock! Id be more than happy.

Hopkins is my favorite WR prospect and would be an immediate upgrade to our team. I actually think hes better than Decker.

Elam is also my #1 safety and would be an immediate upgrade to Mike Adams. Elam is also very versatile, in saying that hes got ability to cover 1v1, as well as, in open field.

Well done!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Hopkins is my favorite WR prospect and would be an immediate upgrade to our team. I actually think hes better than Decker.

Elam is also my #1 safety and would be an immediate upgrade to Mike Adams. Elam is also very versatile, in saying that hes got ability to cover 1v1, as well as, in open field.

Well done!

Elam is your number one safety? Wow. Can't say I agree with that one my friend. Kenny Vaccaro is quite easily the #1 IMO, and Cyprien is also better. Again, only my opinion. At least you didn't say Eric Reid

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Well done!

Elam is your number one safety? Wow. Can't say I agree with that one my friend. Kenny Vaccaro is quite easily the #1 IMO, and Cyprien is also better. Again, only my opinion. At least you didn't say Eric Reid

I guess I should have added the word STRONG before safety. I dont think Kenny Vaccaro is a SS, I see him only as a FS, and of course I like Rahim Moore there already. Cyprien is not better than Elam by any means. He hits hard and can defend the run, sure, but struggles in coverage and isnt better "all-around" like Elam.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Well done!

I guess I should have added the word STRONG before safety. I dont think Kenny Vaccaro is a SS, I see him only as a FS, and of course I like Rahim Moore there already. Cyprien is not better than Elam by any means. He hits hard and can defend the run, sure, but struggles in coverage and isnt better "all-around" like Elam.

Well, that makes a bit more sense. I will say I disagree about Cyprien still though. He's a very solid all-around prospect and better than Elam. We shall see

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Well done!

Well, that makes a bit more sense. I will say I disagree about Cyprien still though. He's a very solid all-around prospect and better than Elam. We shall see

My question with Cyprien is "What happens when the defense plays in its Cover-2 sets?" I dont see him as an over-the-top safety. Remember how bad our pass defense was with Brian Dawkins. Now Im not saying Cyprien is that bad but I am saying hes much worse than Matt Elam. Plus, Matt Elam is very capable of playing the run.

I think that the gap between Elam and Cyprien in pass coverage is MUCH bigger than the gap between the two in run defense.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Hopkins and Murray picks. Especially Latavius Murray. He is going to be a great player. Probably only will work as part of a RB platoon system, but he is electric. Really reminds me of Darren McFadden at times. Not as electric, but similar playing styles and all around games (Run, pass, block).

I dont like Elam, as I am not a fan of in-the-box Safeties. The NFL is changing and we need a guy that can play a bit in the box but also line up against TE's and run with WR's. I really like Bacarri Rambo but I doubt we take him due to his off-field issues.

Also, David Quessenberry is a very talented and versatile OL but do you really think our FO would like his fit? He is about 6'5 305lbs. Every single OL the Elway regime has targeted has been significantly larger (Franklin, Blake, Ramirez and now Vasquez). The FO likes big fatties on the OL and David doesnt fit that trend at all.
Winder23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
I love the Hopkins and Murray picks. Especially Latavius Murray. He is going to be a great player. Probably only will work as part of a RB platoon system, but he is electric. Really reminds me of Darren McFadden at times. Not as electric, but similar playing styles and all around games (Run, pass, block).

I dont like Elam, as I am not a fan of in-the-box Safeties. The NFL is changing and we need a guy that can play a bit in the box but also line up against TE's and run with WR's. I really like Bacarri Rambo but I doubt we take him due to his off-field issues.

Also, David Quessenberry is a very talented and versatile OL but do you really think our FO would like his fit? He is about 6'5 305lbs. Every single OL the Elway regime has targeted has been significantly larger (Franklin, Blake, Ramirez and now Vasquez). The FO likes big fatties on the OL and David doesnt fit that trend at all.
I don't see Elam as just an in the box safety. In fact the more games of his I watched the more I realized how much the Gators relied on his man coverage abilities. Yes he can be very effective in the box, but that isn't all he will be good at. He can run and is a pretty good athlete. Elam has All Pro potential.

Quessenberry isn't a big mauler. His frame is massive though and could easily support another 10 or 15 pounds. He also has those 34-35" arms you look for and can potentially play 3 or 4 postions. He isn't as scheme specific as some other linemen in this draft. He demonstrates good power and solid pass protection. He could be a really good LG or even C.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
I don't see Elam as just an in the box safety. In fact the more games of his I watched the more I realized how much the Gators relied on his man coverage abilities. Yes he can be very effective in the box, but that isn't all he will be good at. He can run and is a pretty good athlete. Elam has All Pro potential.

You arent wrong, by any means. In fact, everything you've said is true. All that I might like to add is that he has as much play making abilities as anyone in this draft, his biggest thing is consistency (as most players have in this particular draft). Id like to think that with the veteran leadership and coaching on this team, it will help him with that and make him the All-Pro that his talent suggests.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
Don't like Hopkins or Elam.

Who do you like?
Players that will actually see the field. Laughing

At what positions will our first rounder automatically come in and see the field?

Bjoern Werner would see the field. Damontre Moore would see the field. Lacy would see the field. No DB would see the field.

Not saying we take them at 28. Just saying.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thought of Matt Elam in coverage against NFL TEs makes me giggle.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
M-High Marauder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Elam pick, but I really don't see him starting over either Moore or Adams. Not that either are great safeties, but I don't think Elam is ready to start this year. Next year, yes, but this year I see him as a ST starter and back-up.

That being said, I think the Hopkins pick is horrible. He's not necessarily a bad player, and I think he might be a good player in the NFL eventually. I understand the BPA strategy, and feel that it is the best way to build a team, but at best he would finish his 4 year rookie contract as a 3rd receiver, and he won't even see that for the next two years.

It would be like the Colts drafting Geno Smith if he were to fall to them. Would he be the best player? Yes. But it would be a waste.

Denver Broncos - Detroit Tigers - Michigan Wolverines
Winder23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M-High Marauder wrote:
I like the Elam pick, but I really don't see him starting over either Moore or Adams. Not that either are great safeties, but I don't think Elam is ready to start this year. Next year, yes, but this year I see him as a ST starter and back-up.

That being said, I think the Hopkins pick is horrible. He's not necessarily a bad player, and I think he might be a good player in the NFL eventually. I understand the BPA strategy, and feel that it is the best way to build a team, but at best he would finish his 4 year rookie contract as a 3rd receiver, and he won't even see that for the next two years.

It would be like the Colts drafting Geno Smith if he were to fall to them. Would he be the best player? Yes. But it would be a waste.
I just don't understand your thinking. The Broncos are going to be running an even faster offense this year with 3 and even 4 wide sets. Hopkins will get plenty of use as Decker Thomas and Welker cannnot play every down this year. Last year we saw Matt Willis take a good number of sanps in releif of Decker Thomas and Stokley. Hopkins will do the same with some actual results instead of a empty player on the field.
Donut

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M-High Marauder wrote:

Majority of S aren't ready to start immediately as rooks. Elam could be used in the big nickle. But I'm not one to want to trust rook to start immediately w/ solid vet options available.
Winder23 wrote:
M-High Marauder wrote:

I just don't understand your thinking. The Broncos are going to be running an even faster offense this year with 3 and even 4 wide sets. Hopkins will get plenty of use as Decker Thomas and Welker cannnot play every down this year. Last year we saw Matt Willis take a good number of sanps in releif of Decker Thomas and Stokley. Hopkins will do the same with some actual results instead of a empty player on the field.

W/ Decker's future in Denver unsure they could always have him ready to take over next yr.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
M-High Marauder wrote:

If anyone watched Clemson play this year, they would know what type of talent DeAndre Hopkins is. The way he filled in for super-star Sammy Watkins this season, tells me he is going to be a real steal in the draft. I was very happy to learn that we brought him in for an interview at the combine then hosted him at DV. An excellent player that got overshadowed by Sammy Watkins, who is arguably a top-5 pick when he comes out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
M-High Marauder wrote:

If anyone watched Clemson play this year, they would know what type of talent DeAndre Hopkins is. The way he filled in for super-star Sammy Watkins this season, tells me he is going to be a real steal in the draft. I was very happy to learn that we brought him in for an interview at the combine then hosted him at DV. An excellent player that got overshadowed by Sammy Watkins, who is arguably a top-5 pick when he comes out.

From someone who absolutely despises Clemson football, I must agree. We were pretty pumped when Watkins was neutered this year (sad, but true) and then here comes DeAndre Hopkins. The kid is good. People need to get off the "immediate impact" wagon. I guarantee if we draft a WR in Rounds 1 or 2 he will contribute to this team.

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: