Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Winder23 Final Mock Draft
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Winder23 Final Mock Draft Reply with quote

I used the same guidlines that have been followed by the Broncos in the previous two drafts. Character and competitiveness are a must for Elway. He also seems to shy away from boom-bust players for the most part. He also likes players late in the draft who have proven to be productive college players with less desireable measureables. With that in mind here is my final mock draft.

TRADE Broncos trade 1[28] to the 49ers for 1[31], 5[157] and 6[173]. 49ers want to leap ahead of Falcons and Patriots to secure Jamar Taylor or Desmond Trufant.

1[31] DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson 6-1 214

The Broncos have nothing behind Thomas, Decker, and Welker. In addition to that Decker is a FA after this year and Welker is only on for two years. With the Broncos using alot of 3WR sets, they need someone who can contribute right away. Hopkins can do that. He has tough hands and good body control. He an play inside or out and can get deep with quickness and a wicked double move.

TRADE Broncos trade 2[58] and 3[90] to the Panthers for 2[44]. Panthers want to get a 3rd and the Broncos want.....

2[44] Matt Elam SS Florida 5-10 208

I can see the Broncos trading back in the first and trading up in the second. That is what I have them doing here. Elam will make an istant impact on special teams and eventually replace Mike Adams at the SS position. Elam needs to play more disciplined and wrap up instead of going for the big hit. Working under Del Rio and Milus should really help fine tune Elam's game. He can cover guys and is great in the box. Elam is also reportedly a team leader and loves to play football.

4[125] David Quessenberry OL San Jose State 6-5 303

Quessenberry can play alot of positions on the line. He has a nice big frame and could add 10-15 pounds. He does a nice job in pass protection. Had a great week at the senior bowl where scouts raved about his versatility. With Beadles and Walton headed for free agency and a general need for depth, Quessenberry could prove to be a nice addition.

5[157] Latavius Murray RB UCF 6-3 223

Murray may be a little tall, but he has a skillset that meshes real well with the Broncos offense. First and foremost Murray is solid in pass protection. Secondly he can use his burst to accelerate out of the hole and get into the secondary. Fianlly he has real good hands and can make guys miss in the open field. I can't beleive he isn't talked about more than he is. To me he is superior to Lacy and Bell.

5[161] Mike Catapano DE Princeton 6-4 275

Catapano is rising up draft boards and for good reason. He absolutely destroyed tthe competition in the Ivy Leauge. I know that doesn't mean much, Catapano plays with an enormous chip on his shoulders. He goes after it on every play. His speed and size are ideal, but he lacks the athleticism most teams look for. Despite this I see a player who is determined to be good and will stop at nothing to get to the QB. His 7ft wingspan should help offset some athletic limitations. Well worth a look in the fifth round.

6[173] Micah Hyde DB Iowa 6-0 197

Hyde is a high character guy who had a nice career at Iowa. He has played CB and FS. I think he would be a nice player in certain coverage situations. He has good size and could play the extra safety the Broncos sometimes use in the red zone or on obvious passing situations. A good pick this late IMO.

TRADE Broncos trade 7[234] and 2014 6th rounder to Buccaneers for 6[196]. Broncos look to trade up for.....

6[196] Lonnie Pryor RB Florida State 5-11 227

Another high character team player. Pryor is good at most things, but is an excellent blocker. He has potential and would have an instant place on ST's. He is a do everything "no limit soldier" type back the Broncos had in their glory years.

There it is. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.

Last edited by Winder23 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:40 am; edited 2 times in total
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Think you did a nice job addressing needs, as well as playing the draft board with trades. Also think you've taken players who seem very motivated to succeed, which is important in a draft that may lack top upside types.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good mock. I have actually been working on a mock that gives us latavious Murray in the 5th. he is superior to leveon bell in everyway, he is more physical, has the speed to make homerun plays, and is a tremendous pass blocker and receiver out of the backfield. The only concern I would have is his height and while he has elite straight line speed, he doesn't have great short area quickness.

Props to Walter on the awesome sig^
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like Hopkins or Elam.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
zeezee6

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't like Hopkins, replace him with werner and its a decent mock
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bailey24broncos wrote:
Good mock. I have actually been working on a mock that gives us latavious Murray in the 5th. he is superior to leveon bell in everyway, he is more physical, has the speed to make homerun plays, and is a tremendous pass blocker and receiver out of the backfield. The only concern I would have is his height and while he has elite straight line speed, he doesn't have great short area quickness.
His vision is tremendous as well. He isn't super quick, but he is similar to Larry Johnson of the Chiefs. He relies on vision and quick bursts through the hole. One second he is plodding the next he is five yards past the LOS and exploding into the secondary. Eric Dickerson was the master of this style of running.
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
Care to elaborate?
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
Care to elaborate?
Elam is undersized. Would struggle mightily in coverage against TEs. Nothing stands out besides his big hits which will be negated by NFL rules.

Elway and Fox take Impact players in the first round. A WR won't make an impact on this team this year or help us get to a Super Bowl.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
Care to elaborate?
Elam is undersized. Would struggle mightily in coverage against TEs. Nothing stands out besides his big hits which will be negated by NFL rules.

Elway and Fox take Impact players in the first round. A WR won't make an impact on this team this year or help us get to a Super Bowl.
He is shorter than the ideal safety, but he can cover. He shows great speed and the ability to turn and run. He can play in the box or in a two deep zone. H is very versatile. Elam is very fast to the ball. In fact he closes as good as any safety in the draft. He does go for the big hit, but that can be altered for the pro game. He has ability other than the big hit.

Hopkins is a good player. We will be in alot of 3 and sometimes 4 wide sets this year. To say that Hopkins wouldn't impact is nonsense. He would give the offense another weapon. Not to mention injuries happen alot in the NFL and other than the big three we got next to nothin. [/b]
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:

Who do you like?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice approach winder!

I think this is the 1st mock I've seen that really looks at future issues (OL, WR) and immediate with Elam. Can't comment on the players, but something like this wouldn't surprise me.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

Who do you like?
Players that will actually see the field. Laughing
Winder23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

Who do you like?
He asked a good question and this is your response? Who do you like. I know who you don't like. And tell me which of the players in this mock draft wouldn't have a chance to impact or see the field? The impact from this draft won't be huge no matter who they pick. There arn't blue chip players anywhere near the 28th pick. So tell me who you think is going to make an impact??
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

Who do you like?

At what positions will our first rounder automatically come in and see the field?

Thanks, Tzimisce
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

Who do you like?

At what positions will our first rounder automatically come in and see the field?

I think you can see the field perfectly fine from the sidelines.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: