Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

An English Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: An English Mock Reply with quote

Fed up with waiting for Andre Smith to sign; so after much deliberation, here's my mock, all the way from England.......

1. Overall thinking that our D will be top 10 again, and good enough to at least keep it close in most games. (Outside the glaring needs on D); this draft has to be largely focussed on offence. We must run it better, be better on 3rd down, and keep our defence off the field.
2. I assume no Andre Smith.
3. We trade down from #21 with a team like ATL, and pick up an extra late 3rd.

R1-#30 FS Eric Reid, LSU
With Vaccaro likely gone, best value IMO is to trade down and nab the next best safety, Reid or Cyprien. I like Reid.
R2a-#37 WR Justin Hunter, Tennessee
Think Chris Henry v2.0.
R2b-#53 OG/C Travis Frederick, Wisconsin
I think this guy will be high on the Bengals board, like Whitworth was. The running game starts up front, and another Wisconsin bull like Frederick will help
R3a-#84 OT Kyle Long, Oregon
Andre Smith's replacement learning the trade behind Collins
R3b-#90 RB Andre Ellington, Clemson
Here's the speed back this offence needs
R4-#118 LB Zaviar Gooden, Missouri
Quick, cover LB, bringing speed to the LB corps
R5-#156 CB Terry Hawthorne, Illinois
Quick corner from Illinois to learn his trade behind Newman and Jones
R6a-#190 WR/QB/RB/KR Denard Robinson, Michigan
Robinsons multiple talents are worth a spin here. More speed, and options for Grudens box of tricks
R6b-#197 DE Joe Kruger, Utah
Lets hope his Big Brothers contract in CLE spurs him on to great things with the Bengals
R7a-#240 RB Knile Davis, Arkansas
AFCN big, fast and good hands. Whats not to like apart from his injury report. Lets hope he can stay healthy
R7b-#251 OG/T Chris Faulk, LSU
Worth taking a punt on the big guy from LSU, hopefully he can beat out Dennis Roland

If Andre Smith signs before Thursday, I likely go and get the RB Bell from Michigan State instead of Kyle Long
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the draft. I don't love Frederick but think it is a possible pick. Don't see Long or Faulk falling that far. Overall like the draft though

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Don't see Long or Faulk falling that far.

Very possible.

It is much more difficult to get a fix on where guys are likely to go this year don't ya think ?

Chris Faulk has been mocked anywhere between R2 and R7, with plenty of other examples. What round does Marcus Lattimore go in for example ?

Those 4 x R6 & R7 picks this year could be very interesting for us.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
Don't see Long or Faulk falling that far.

Very possible.

It is much more difficult to get a fix on where guys are likely to go this year don't ya think ?

Chris Faulk has been mocked anywhere between R2 and R7, with plenty of other examples. What round does Marcus Lattimore go in for example ?

Those 4 x R6 & R7 picks this year could be very interesting for us.

Faulk is more likely than Long to fall. I think Long will be taken no later than early 3 based on how many teams are in desperate need for O line help and after the top guys he is next in line for any team who missed the top 4 guys.

Lattimore is different because of his injury questions. I agree this year is tough though for a lot of people.

To me Faulk is gone by round 5, but I thought Massie would go higher last year too.

Hokie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also hoping the Bengals trade down if they're set on taking a safety in the 1st. I prefer Cyprien to Reid, but I like Reid more than most. Would be okay if Reid is the safety we end up with. I do think he's much better than he gets credit for.

I'm going to lose it if the Bengals land Hunter at 37 (in a good way). I don't think he makes it here, but would be beyond thrilled if he did. He's the best WR in this draft, IMO. I think he actually compares better to Green than he does Henry. But he definitely fits the bill for what we need.

Frederick would be a good pick here.

Long would be a good pick here.

Ellington would be a great pick here. He's the RB I'm hoping they end up with.

If Hodges or Bostic are available, I'd prefer them to Gooden... but Gooden is good value in the 4th. Good pick.

Don't know much about Hawthorne.

I really don't like Robinson. At all. I don't think he has much of a NFL future. But if this is the first pick I really don't like (in the 6th), I think you've done great.

I don't think Kruger, Davis, or Faulk all last as far as you have them, but they would all be outstanding picks this late.

If the draft was to come out like this, it gets an A+ from me. It's just outstanding. I think some of the picks are wishful thinking, however. Love the mock, hope it turns out this way!
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: An English Mock Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Fed up with waiting for Andre Smith to sign; so after much deliberation, here's my mock, all the way from England.......

1. Overall thinking that our D will be top 10 again, and good enough to at least keep it close in most games. (Outside the glaring needs on D); this draft has to be largely focussed on offence. We must run it better, be better on 3rd down, and keep our defence off the field.
2. I assume no Andre Smith.
3. We trade down from #21 with a team like ATL, and pick up an extra late 3rd.

R1-#30 FS Eric Reid, LSU
With Vaccaro likely gone, best value IMO is to trade down and nab the next best safety, Reid or Cyprien. I like Reid.
R2a-#37 WR Justin Hunter, Tennessee
Think Chris Henry v2.0.
R2b-#53 OG/C Travis Frederick, Wisconsin
I think this guy will be high on the Bengals board, like Whitworth was. The running game starts up front, and another Wisconsin bull like Frederick will help
R3a-#84 OT Kyle Long, Oregon
Andre Smith's replacement learning the trade behind Collins
R3b-#90 RB Andre Ellington, Clemson
Here's the speed back this offence needs
R4-#118 LB Zaviar Gooden, Missouri
Quick, cover LB, bringing speed to the LB corps
R5-#156 CB Terry Hawthorne, Illinois
Quick corner from Illinois to learn his trade behind Newman and Jones
R6a-#190 WR/QB/RB/KR Denard Robinson, Michigan
Robinsons multiple talents are worth a spin here. More speed, and options for Grudens box of tricks
R6b-#197 DE Joe Kruger, Utah
Lets hope his Big Brothers contract in CLE spurs him on to great things with the Bengals
R7a-#240 RB Knile Davis, Arkansas
AFCN big, fast and good hands. Whats not to like apart from his injury report. Lets hope he can stay healthy
R7b-#251 OG/T Chris Faulk, LSU
Worth taking a punt on the big guy from LSU, hopefully he can beat out Dennis Roland

If Andre Smith signs before Thursday, I likely go and get the RB Bell from Michigan State instead of Kyle Long

I don't mind Reid, but not at 21. Cyprien is the far superior prospect. As much as i like Hunter i think he will be under-utilized in our scheme. Dalton doesn't have the Carson cannon (pre-injury) for that kind of passing attack. I like DeAndre Hopkins more for us. Center is okay in my books. I think Long is gone by that point. Love Ellington and Gooden, and the rest as well. Good job.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: An English Mock Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
I don't mind Reid, but not at 21. Cyprien is the far superior prospect. As much as i like Hunter i think he will be under-utilized in our scheme. Dalton doesn't have the Carson cannon (pre-injury) for that kind of passing attack. I like DeAndre Hopkins more for us. Center is okay in my books. I think Long is gone by that point. Love Ellington and Gooden, and the rest as well. Good job.

To be fair, he traded down to take Reid.

Overall, I love it. I hope fatboy resigns, and I would be ok with moving everyone up a notch. I really hope we find a way to take Faulk and Davis, who seems like an AFCN powerhouse back to me (my late round man crush).
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: An English Mock Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
RedGreenShow wrote:

To be fair, he traded down to take Reid.

Overall, I love it. I hope fatboy resigns, and I would be ok with moving everyone up a notch. I really hope we find a way to take Faulk and Davis, who seems like an AFCN powerhouse back to me (my late round man crush).

I hope we resign Smith so we have to stop worrying about Fluker being taken

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: An English Mock Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
I hope we resign Smith so we have to stop worrying about Fluker being taken

Marvin was confident today that we get a deal done with Smith

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: