Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What would it take to move up in the second?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OrangeNBlue86#2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: What would it take to move up in the second? Reply with quote

With this draft not being very top heavy and having a lot of prospects bunched together what would it take to move up in the second round to get a falling player we like (Te'o, Werner, ???).

It seems like a good CB prospect will be there around 28 and if we think that is the best player there and don't want to reach for a need we take that guy.

But then at about 35 a guy we like that is at a position of need is there, what do we have to give up to get him?

I think if Werner fell to that 35 spot I would like to get him now with the window this team has to be elite. Would you guys be okay with our 2nd, 4th and a 2nd next year to move up?

If we reach our potential that 2nd next year is almost a 3rd rounder so it isn't as big of a deal as if it were the Raiders or Jaguars 2nd which would likely be near the top.
b_rent87

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather give up 2nd and 3rd than a 2nd next year

Props to Jamison on the sig
broncospride95

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What would it take to move up in the second? Reply with quote

OrangeNBlue86#2 wrote:
With this draft not being very top heavy and having a lot of prospects bunched together what would it take to move up in the second round to get a falling player we like (Te'o, Werner, ???).

It seems like a good CB prospect will be there around 28 and if we think that is the best player there and don't want to reach for a need we take that guy.

But then at about 35 a guy we like that is at a position of need is there, what do we have to give up to get him?

I think if Werner fell to that 35 spot I would like to get him now with the window this team has to be elite. Would you guys be okay with our 2nd, 4th and a 2nd next year to move up?

If we reach our potential that 2nd next year is almost a 3rd rounder so it isn't as big of a deal as if it were the Raiders or Jaguars 2nd which would likely be near the top.

No way would I be okay with giving up a 2nd, 4th and a future 2nd for moving up in the second. We'd be getting hosed. Typically, the team trading up doesn't have to give up as much if it's not in the 1st round. With that said, I think it's more likely we trade down from 28 to that 35 range then staying put at 28 and moving up. It's not out of the realm of possibility though.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
b_rent87

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A combination of Jamar Taylor and Bjoern Werner and giving up our third I'd be okay with

Props to Jamison on the sig
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This doesn't seem like the type of draft that its a good idea to move up in.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we take a CB in the first 2-3 rounds, I will RAGE.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:

I'd be ok with a 3rd. I think I've been crying foul about the Denver Post idea that we need a first round corner longer than anyone. A first round corner would be a mistake if we want to prepare for a super bowl run in 2013-14... That first rounder wont see the field.

Whoever our first pick is theyll be expected to see the field and contribute from week 1. Thats how Elway and Fox operate. No rookie cb will see the field enough this year for them to bite on that position in the first.

So, i too will rage, if its a first round cb.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

I'd be ok with a 3rd. I think I've been crying foul about the Denver Post idea that we need a first round corner longer than anyone. A first round corner would be a mistake if we want to prepare for a super bowl run in 2013-14... That first rounder wont see the field.

Whoever our first pick is theyll be expected to see the field and contribute from week 1. Thats how Elway and Fox operate. No rookie cb will see the field enough this year for them to bite on that position in the first.

So, i too will rage, if its a first round cb.

This. Applause Applause Applause
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Donut

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:

Mid rounds you could move up for your guy on he cheap. Tons of talent in mid rounds just not much very high. Look at deals last yr could probably get a later 2nd for a 3rd and 4th. and to mid/top for a 2nd and 4th.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
The Helicopter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:

I guess it depends on the value. If everyone is trying to move down, then wouldn't moving up be really cheap...relatively?
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Helicopter wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

I guess it depends on the value. If everyone is trying to move down, then wouldn't moving up be really cheap...relatively?

Now that my friend is a really good point! Opens up a whole new world of possibilities.
The Helicopter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
The Helicopter wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

Now that my friend is a really good point! Opens up a whole new world of possibilities.

Especially if one really wants an starting, impact player.
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on what Elway said yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if we traded up. I have no idea who we would trade up for....but Elway did explicitly mention it

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Based on what Elway said yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if we traded up. I have no idea who we would trade up for....but Elway did explicitly mention it

Elway also did mention that he thinks the teams at 20-30 can get as good of a player there then they can at #5 and #6.

I dont see us trading up in the 1st. If anything, I can see us trading the later picks to move up into the 3rd or 4th.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Elway also did mention that he thinks the teams at 20-30 can get as good of a player there then they can at #5 and #6.

I dont see us trading up in the 1st. If anything, I can see us trading the later picks to move up into the 3rd or 4th.

However, I heard him in NFL AM state that they could move up in the draft. This makes me think they like one player, and if that player is falling close to them, they will move up to get him, or her.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: