Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Patriots Forum Mock Draft Contest!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PoWww


Joined: 28 Feb 2013
Posts: 1271
Location: City Of Champions
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: 2013 Patriots Forum Mock Draft Contest! Reply with quote

I figured this would be cool to do. I've seen it done in other forums. Maybe the winner could have a sig made for him? Perhaps by deadpulse if he's up to it.



Rules:
1. One entry per FF member
2. Mock must be submitted before deadline(Thursday April 25th 12PM Eastern)
3. You may edit your mock as much as you'd like prior to the deadline. If the mock is edited after the deadline, the entry will be disqualified.
4. Please post full name, position, and school of the players.

Point System:
1. 15 Points for correct player and draft position.
2. 10 Points for correct player. So if you guess Steadman Bailey in the first, but we actually take him in the second, you'd be rewarded 10 points.
3. 5 points for correct position.
4. 3 points for correct college.

*If anyone has a better idea for a scoring system, feel free to share it.

Patriots Draft Picks:
1st Round (#29 Overall)
2nd Round (#59 Overall)
3rd Round (#91 Overall)
7th Round (#226 Overall) (Bucs Aqib Talib)
7th Round (#235 Overall)

Mock Draft Entries:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BP


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 2323
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patriots Mock:
1st Trade: Cleveland trades down from sixth overall to Atlanta, which is a team seeking a highly sought-after cornerback prospect in this years draft. Wanting to ensure they get EJ Manuel, Cleveland secures a trade with New England long before Philadelphia approaches with interest in the 29th pick.

2nd Trade: Now stationed at the thirtieth overall draft pick formerly held by Atlanta, New England is approached by Philadelphia after missing out on quarterback EJ Manuel to be able to select the next QB on their big board, Matt Barkley of USC. New England makes out like always, with a couple of trade downs and a handful of more value picks.

3rd Trade: Jeff Demps seems to be attempting to chase superstardom in two professional sports, track and football. With Jerry Jones, (Dallas Cowboys), having worked with athletes who've played more than one pro sport wile being apart of the Dallas Cowboys team, Dallas acquires Jeff Demps from the Patriots for a sixth round draft pick on day three of the NFL Draft. The Cowboys' hope is to have Demps contribute as a much the same way Felix Jones had when on the field.

What does NE Get?: New England acquires Philadelphia's 2014 second round draft pick and their 2013 second rounder (35th overall). In addition, New England acquired Cleveland's fourth round pick (104th overall) and the 30th overall pick in exchange for pick 29.

Pick 35: Robert Woods, WR
Pick 59: Dwayne Gratz, DB
Pick 91: Bennie Logan, DT

Day 3:

Pick 104: David Bass, DE
Pick 185: Levine Toilolo, TE
Pick 226: Jawan Jamison, RB
Pick 235: Brett Maher, K


Last edited by BP on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:32 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 8385
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st Round (#29 Overall) traded to Arizona Cardinals for 38 and 140
2nd Round (#38 Overall) traded to San Diego Chargers for 45 and 179
2nd Round (#45 Overall)
2nd Round (#59 Overall)
3rd Round (#91 Overall)
5th Round (#140 Overall)
6th Round (#179 Overall)
7th Round (#226 Overall) (Bucs Aqib Talib)
7th Round (#235 Overall)

Round 2, Pick #45
Jamar Taylor - CB - Boise State

Round 2, Pick #59
Robert Woods - WR - USC

Round 3, Pick #91
Earl Wolff - SS - N.C. State

Round 5, Pick #140
Josh Boyce - WR - TCU

Round 6, Pick #179
Landry Jones - QB - Oklahoma

Round 7, Pick #226
David Bass - DE - Missouri Western

Round 7, Pick #235
Cory Grissom - DT - South Florida

PS: I am willing to make the winning sig
_________________

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BP


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 2323
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
1st Round (#29 Overall) traded to Arizona Cardinals for 38 and 140
2nd Round (#38 Overall) traded to San Diego Chargers for 45 and 179
2nd Round (#45 Overall)
2nd Round (#59 Overall)
3rd Round (#91 Overall)
5th Round (#140 Overall)
6th Round (#179 Overall)
7th Round (#226 Overall) (Bucs Aqib Talib)
7th Round (#235 Overall)

Round 2, Pick #45
Jamar Taylor - CB - Boise State

Round 2, Pick #59
Robert Woods - WR - USC

Round 3, Pick #91
Earl Wolff - SS - N.C. State

Round 5, Pick #140
Josh Boyce - WR - TCU

Round 6, Pick #179
Landry Jones - QB - Oklahoma

Round 7, Pick #226
David Bass - DE - Missouri Western

Round 7, Pick #235
Cory Grissom - DT - South Florida

PS: I am willing to make the winning sig
I like the mock, but I'm thinking Boyce probably wont be around in the fifth nor Jamar Taylor at 45. Just constructive criticism.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 8385
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
1st Round (#29 Overall) traded to Arizona Cardinals for 38 and 140
2nd Round (#38 Overall) traded to San Diego Chargers for 45 and 179
2nd Round (#45 Overall)
2nd Round (#59 Overall)
3rd Round (#91 Overall)
5th Round (#140 Overall)
6th Round (#179 Overall)
7th Round (#226 Overall) (Bucs Aqib Talib)
7th Round (#235 Overall)

Round 2, Pick #45
Jamar Taylor - CB - Boise State

Round 2, Pick #59
Robert Woods - WR - USC

Round 3, Pick #91
Earl Wolff - SS - N.C. State

Round 5, Pick #140
Josh Boyce - WR - TCU

Round 6, Pick #179
Landry Jones - QB - Oklahoma

Round 7, Pick #226
David Bass - DE - Missouri Western

Round 7, Pick #235
Cory Grissom - DT - South Florida

PS: I am willing to make the winning sig
I like the mock, but I'm thinking Boyce probably wont be around in the fifth nor Jamar Taylor at 45. Just constructive criticism.


I think Boyce drops because of the saturation at WR. Taylor has gotten some hype recently but I dont think it carries over. I thought about moving Woods to 45 and taking a DT at 59 but meh, based on the point system Im gonna stand pat for now.
_________________

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BP


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 2323
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
BP wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
1st Round (#29 Overall) traded to Arizona Cardinals for 38 and 140
2nd Round (#38 Overall) traded to San Diego Chargers for 45 and 179
2nd Round (#45 Overall)
2nd Round (#59 Overall)
3rd Round (#91 Overall)
5th Round (#140 Overall)
6th Round (#179 Overall)
7th Round (#226 Overall) (Bucs Aqib Talib)
7th Round (#235 Overall)

Round 2, Pick #45
Jamar Taylor - CB - Boise State

Round 2, Pick #59
Robert Woods - WR - USC

Round 3, Pick #91
Earl Wolff - SS - N.C. State

Round 5, Pick #140
Josh Boyce - WR - TCU

Round 6, Pick #179
Landry Jones - QB - Oklahoma

Round 7, Pick #226
David Bass - DE - Missouri Western

Round 7, Pick #235
Cory Grissom - DT - South Florida

PS: I am willing to make the winning sig
I like the mock, but I'm thinking Boyce probably wont be around in the fifth nor Jamar Taylor at 45. Just constructive criticism.


I think Boyce drops because of the saturation at WR. Taylor has gotten some hype recently but I dont think it carries over. I thought about moving Woods to 45 and taking a DT at 59 but meh, based on the point system Im gonna stand pat for now.
Ahh, nice strategy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BP


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 2323
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might I suggest 20-30 points for correct trade predictions; including all players/draft picks exchanged as well as correct draft selection(s) predicted for the Patriots only.

Question
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PoWww


Joined: 28 Feb 2013
Posts: 1271
Location: City Of Champions
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BPI'll add that to the scoring system. Good idea.

Here's my mock:

1st Round (#29 Overall): Deandre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
2nd Round (#59 Overall): Tyrann Matheiu, CB, LSU
3rd Round (#91 Overall): Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina
7th Round (#226 Overall): Hubbie Graham, TE, Pittsburgh
7th Round (#235 Overall): Dayne Crist, QB, Kansas

Hopefully we get more entries tonight and tomorrow!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Medula Amendola


Joined: 14 Mar 2013
Posts: 106
Location: MA
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade: Pats trade 1st rounder to Tampa Bay for 4th rounder (#112) and '14 1st.

Round 2 (#59) - Markus Wheaton WR Oregon St.
Round 3 (#91) - John Simon DE Ohio St.
Round 4 (#112) - Darius Slay CB Mississippi St.
Round 7 (#226) - Michael Williams TE Alabama
Round 7 (#235) - Jason Weaver T/G Southern Miss.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
24isthelaw


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 7596
Location: Where the Patriots are
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st Round (#29 Overall): Cornellius "Tank" Carradine, DE Florida State
2nd Round (#59 Overall): Stedman Bailey, WR West Virginia
3rd Round (#91 Overall): Chris Harper, WR Kansas State
7th Round (#226 Overall): Lawrence Okoye, DT The United Kingdom
7th Round (#235 Overall): Earl Watford, OG James Madison

in UDFA...
Rashaan Melvin, CB Northern Illinois
Chris Jones, DT Bowling Green
Chris Faulk, OT LSU

A little wishful thinking going on, particularly with Okoye being available at 226, and Faulk in UDFA. But whatever.
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
rabbisson


Joined: 26 Dec 2004
Posts: 28819
Location: Stam#PoWwW
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patriots trade 29 overall to Arizona for 38 overall and 103 overall.

Patriots trade 38 overall to Carolina for 44 overall and 182 overall.

Patriots trade 44 overall to San Francisco for 61 overall and 74 overall.

Patriots trade 103 overall to San Diego for a 2014 3rd round selection and 221 overall.

59. Justin Pugh, OG, Syracuse
61. Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M
74. Montori Hughes, DT, Tennessee-Martin
91. Jordan Poyer, CB/S, Oregon State
182. Kenny Stills, WR, Oklahoma
221. Nevin Lewis, WR/ST, Portland State
226. Nick Williams, RB, Connceticut
235. Peter Lalich, QB, California (PA)
_________________

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Donut


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 12420
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st Round (#29 Overall)
2nd Round (#59 Overall)
3rd Round (#91 Overall)
7th Round (#226 Overall) (Bucs Aqib Talib)
7th Round (#235 Overall)

#29 is traded for #38 and #103 and #174
#38 Traded for #51 and #119

#51 Stedman Bailey WR WVU
#59 Johnathon Hankins DT OSU
#91 Jelani Jenkins LB UF
#103 Philip Thomas DB Fresno St.
#119 Kayvon Webster DB South Florida
#174 Mark Harrison WR Rutgers
#226 Nik Embernate OG SDSU
#235 Josh Lenz WR Iowa State
_________________
dhunt2402 wrote:
You're like the patron saint of roster bubble players Laughing
Adopt a Patriot:
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones


Last edited by Donut on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
goldfishwars


Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Posts: 8530
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 Patriots Forum Mock Draft Contest! Reply with quote

Patriots Draft Picks:

Eagles trade picks 35 and 101 for pick 29:

2nd Round (#35 Overall) Robert Woods, WR - Southern California
2nd Round (#59 Overall) Zaviar Gooden, LB - Missouri
3rd Round (#91 Overall) Cornelius Washington, DE - Georgia
4th Round (#101 Overall) Jordan Hill , DT - Penn State
7th Round (#226 Overall) Demetrius McCray, CB - Appalachian State
7th Round (#235 Overall) Ryan Jensen, OT - Colorado State-Pueblo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patsfreak007


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 4922
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT
_________________


Last edited by patsfreak007 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
patsfreak007


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 4922
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRADE #29 TO MIAMI FOR #42 AND #77
TRADE #59 TO EAGLES FOR #67 AND #101
TRADE #67 TO NINERS FOR ##93 AND #157

PICKS
#42-- JAMIE COLLINS/OLB/SOUTHERN MISS
#77--TYRANN MATHIEU/DB/LSU
#93--STEDMAN BAILEY/WR/WVU
#101--LANDRY JONES/QB/OKLAHOMA
#157--ROBERT LESTER/S/ALABAMA
#226--JAMES FERENTZ/OL/IOWA
#235--RUSSELL SHEPARD/WR/LSU
_________________


Last edited by patsfreak007 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group