Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rank Osweiler in this QB class

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b_rent87

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Rank Osweiler in this QB class Reply with quote

After Elways comments about being glad to not be in the market for a QB, where would you rank Osweiler if he was in this class?

Props to Jamison on the sig
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'd probably be the first rounder in your dream mock, wouldnt you say?

This is too hard to speculate. Brock didnt have an outstanding 2011 season, just like the QB's in this class didnt have an outstanding 2012. I dont think its fair to say one or the either. If were going back to 2011, Id argue Matt Barkley had a better season than Brock, so Id likely rank him below Barkley. Again, if we got off 2011 season only.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:

This is too hard to speculate. Brock didnt have an outstanding 2011 season, just like the QB's in this class didnt have an outstanding 2012. I dont think its fair to say one or the either. If were going back to 2011, Id argue Matt Barkley had a better season than Brock, so Id likely rank him below Barkley. Again, if we got off 2011 season only.
What is your deal?

JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b_rent87 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

What is your deal?

Deal with what? Are you saying Im wrong to think the way I am?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
b_rent87 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

What is your deal?

Deal with what? Are you saying Im wrong to think the way I am?
Saying I would have him in my dream draft. I don't even like Osweiler

broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 10 pick. The only QB in this class with same kind of physical talent is Bray and he's an idiot.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Top 10 pick. The only QB in this class with same kind of physical talent is Bray and he's an idiot.
Brock doesn't exactly come off as an einstein either...
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think mid to late first round for sure. One could argue top ten as well. Hard to say considering he would have played under a new coach at ASU.

Elway said today we should get a good look at Brock during OTA's, minicamps, and training camp. They are going to limit the number of reps PM gets this year.
mke1010

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A first round pick for sure. Probably would go between where Cutler went and where Aaron Rogers was drafted.
Probably would be the 2nd ranked QB prospect were he in this year's draft class.
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'd say first QB drafted. The guy had great measurables and a ridiculous arm. He has no character red flags. He's also a deceptive athlete. I think he would workout better than the others.

Thanks, Tzimisce
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on whether you're ranking him based on where he was last year or where he would be after a strong senior season.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Brock would be the first QB off the board. Let's assume he had a similar statistical and W/L record at ASU that he had in 2011, who are you going to take ahead of him? He has excellent measurables and not even a hint of character concerns, and that's saying something given that he went to the party mecca university there in Tempe.

He would probably get over-drafted (as QBs do in weak classes) and could go as high as 7 (Arizona) and probably wouldn't make it past the Jets second pick (13). But as a prospect overall I would rank Brock around 15 in this year's class.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
I think Brock would be the first QB off the board. Let's assume he had a similar statistical and W/L record at ASU that he had in 2011, who are you going to take ahead of him? He has excellent measurables and not even a hint of character concerns, and that's saying something given that he went to the party mecca university there in Tempe.

He would probably get over-drafted (as QBs do in weak classes) and could go as high as 7 (Arizona) and probably wouldn't make it past the Jets second pick (13). But as a prospect overall I would rank Brock around 15 in this year's class.

I dont think its fair to assume he would have similar statistics or W/L. He lost his top-3 WR's and part of his OL. Thats why this questions is bogus. You cannot assume anything about Brock's 2012 at ASU because theres too many variables.

Everone thought Matt Barkley would improve too, howd that work? What about Tyler Wilson? What about Tyler Bray? What about Geno smith?

Once again, too many variables.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: