Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TAET LII: The Hangover: Part TAET
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

new taet
TAET LIII: Sparkles Unleashed
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
TAET LIII: Sparkley Sparkles Sparkling Spectacular
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
TAET LIII:Sparkles Unchained
60%
 60%  [ 9 ]
TAET LIII: ChampionCHIPS, one Sparkle at a time
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
TAET LIII: Jeff Lurie's Vietnamese Spice Walls Guacamole Dip
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
TAET LIII: Alex Trollz presents
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

Bednarik60

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless your getting paid for sports, no reason to go reaaaly heavy, its almost the main reason i see guys at the gym who go all the time, arent big or cut, they go to the gym, slap on 80% to 100% of there max on bench or squat, exert-destroy them selves on 3 sets for like 1 to 5 reps per set, then they talk with there bros and jaaam out there with in like less then 30 minutes or so. They end up spending zero total time under tension, they might gain 10 pounds on there bench in a month maybe but if you never saw them bench, you would never ever even knew they worked out, as they just look soft despite benching all this weight.. whats the point?

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you will build a certain amount of very functional strength lifting high reps light weight. Like if you lift 25 pounds for 20 reps on say curls, and you keep doing that , you will easily be able to lift 40s for high reps eventually, it just builds... and your making muscle gaaaaainzzzz man, getting vascular, looking sexy, why the powerlifters get jelly of your veins and serrations maaaan.

Blahman88

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
you will build a certain amount of very functional strength lifting high reps light weight. Like if you lift 25 pounds for 20 reps on say curls, and you keep doing that , you will easily be able to lift 40s for high reps eventually, it just builds... and your making muscle gaaaaainzzzz man, getting vascular, looking sexy, why the powerlifters get jelly of your veins and serrations maaaan.

Reps >>>>>> Weight

I can already see results in my arms and legs by doing 3 sets of 15......may switch to 4 sets of 12 soon.

Bednarik60

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blahman88 wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

Reps >>>>>> Weight

I can already see results in my arms and legs by doing 3 sets of 15......may switch to 4 sets of 12 soon.

f^%# it! do 5 sets of 15... You own a turtle bro, whats stopping you?

McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Blahman88 wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Best way to optimize workouts?

1 set til failure?
3 sets?
3 sets, 3rd to failure?

This, and I work low to high, but see others doing high to low.

Same, you get better pumps going from low reps to high reps or from heavy weight to low weight.

mix em up for dat good pump doe!

So each consecutive set decrease weight and increase reps?
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Whats your goals McMc?

I'm honestly about 6'0" 135 right now. Not an ounce of fat in my body except for my core, my family has had a history of extreme beer belly. Anyways. I'd like to eventually get up to around 160-170, I don't have any particular time table, just eventually.
Kempes

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went for some nice beef tonight. Haven't ate any read meat in a few months, gonna try eat some a couple of times a month from now on.

It's funny you guys are talking about high rep/low rep, heavy/lighter variations. That's what I've just started to incorporate into my workouts this week. I feel like I've seen quicker results from keeping the intensity going as opposed to lifting heavy and then waiting a minute for my next set.

Keeping the sweat going and working faster seems to work great for me. You feel brilliant when you've showered and got out of there.
Blahman88

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Blahman88 wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

Reps >>>>>> Weight

f^%# it! do 5 sets of 15... You own a turtle bro, whats stopping you?

Yes, let's do it.

Bednarik60

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
Blahman88 wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Best way to optimize workouts?

1 set til failure?
3 sets?
3 sets, 3rd to failure?

This, and I work low to high, but see others doing high to low.

Same, you get better pumps going from low reps to high reps or from heavy weight to low weight.

mix em up for dat good pump doe!

So each consecutive set decrease weight and increase reps?

Exactly , this continuely shocks the muscle and shocks your psychology as a normal weight you work out with for say 8 reps feels much lighter now after the heavier weight and now your taking that weight you normally do for 8 reps to 12 reps, chase the pump bro, and really be focusing on the contraction of the muscle or specific area of the muscle your targetting.

Blahman88

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Gonna try that,

Reps of 4, 8, 12, 16, 20

Bednarik60

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
Whats your goals McMc?

I'm honestly about 6'0" 135 right now. Not an ounce of fat in my body except for my core, my family has had a history of extreme beer belly. Anyways. I'd like to eventually get up to around 160-170, I don't have any particular time table, just eventually.

your probably like a pure ectomorph bro, and if you have time, i think i would really take on a body building style regimen. and this is not going to be advice you get every where but here me out.

If you have the time and really wanna be serious about it, i would go do a lot of isolation work and do a lot of focusing and attention to detail work on individual muscles. ectomorphs have a hard time growing and some times they need to really focus on break down individual muscle down to the max.

If belly fat is a issue, its going to come off, if you dont do cardio and stay with intense training or high volume-high intensity training and cleaning up your diet and putting in a few crunches on a incline board, there not to much to it, most of the reason guys at the gym dont have a 6 pack is cause they do to much cardio, dont lift intense enough and there diet is poorly thought out. Thermodynamics is bullsh@#$$t bro and doesnt apply to the body and digestion, you can get a more ripped up stomach and put on muscle at the same time its just up to you and your intensity in training and your diet(which doesn thave to be that bad its more so the little thigns that makes a big difference).

Your diet is going to make or break you, i dont know what your diet is, but i think you know whats stupid to eat and whats not for the most part, read the labels 1000xs and even if you read the label before, read it again, companies change things and never tell you and its a refresher just keep reading labels. Make sure to get a obnoxious amount of protein and good fat in your diet and up your eating frequency as best as possible, even if its just a yogurt or a powerbar every hour or between meals or whatever, just keep eating and eat clean.

You should get some creatine and whey braaaa, inexpensive and well speed up your recovery and help drive nutrients into the muscles bras, specially postwork, you wanna get some of that in you, not the end all but it helps man specially for bulkin bra.

Wheys really handy tho. Easy way to drive up your calories-protein synthesis and get those extya needed protein/fats and keep the body replenished is to .....take some fat free milk and mix in whey protein, some honey, saffola oil and olive oil, and some yogurt and mix them together, i just throw it all in a half gallon of milk and shake it up.. but drink one of those right when ya wake up and right after you lift. those are the two times your glycogen and BCAA(branch chain amino acids) and EAA(essential amino acids) are lowest! With out even thinking your right around your daily needs in protein and way more room to sneak in more nutrition for alll kindz of gaaainz.

McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Examples of good fats and bad fats?
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Examples of good fats and bad fats?

Nuts v. Hamburgers

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
RBrown86

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is Alex Trollz dropping the new track??

^Thanks to McNabbNo5 for the sig, Phire for the avy
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RBrown86 wrote:
When is Alex Trollz dropping the new track??

He's resting, he's got shows every night, once things calm down he'll be back in the lab.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 98 of 99

Jump to: