Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My one and only mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kage1331

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: My one and only mock Reply with quote

I think we sign Andre the night before the draft or the morning before... He know no one else wants him, and we know a rookie can't come in and play like he can. So he will get a deal anywhere from 6-7 mil on a 3 year deal with lots of stipulations... More than he's worth, but less than the 9 mil he wants!

1.) this pick will go to a safety, I doubt we move up to get Vaccaro, and I also doubt he falls to us, but if he did he would be the pick! Reid has the same issues as Mays where he over-runs plays because his aggressiveness out plays his technique and understanding of the game... Cross Reid of the list... That leaves Cyprien and Elam... Cyprien is the prototypical safety that played lights out for a school that plays weak competition where Elam is a smaller safety, but is possibly the best form takler I have seen in awhile and played well in the SEC. My final verdict is that the Bengals will take Elam if they stay at the 21st pick... If they move up they take Vaccaro but if they can move back I can see them taking a chance on Cyprien! Pick: Elam SS Florida

2a.) Justin Hunter WR Tennessee... I know ppl argh that we have Jones and Sanu and Hawk, but if hunter is there he is an immediate upgrade over Jones rendering him as depth... Sanu will find his home as a slot guy and leaving Hawkins an opportunity as a returner and utility player... Hunter will take pressure off of Green which Jones was unable to do last year in the playoff loss.

2b.) Giovanni Bernard RB UNC... This guy is a homerun threat everytime he touches the ball! He's great running, is great in pass protection, he's great in receiving, and he's an exceptional returner... I don't think anyone else holds a a candle to this guy and we have to surround Andy with every tool possible if he is going to excel to the next level!

3.) Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU... He is a gamer at a position that we always need depth at! He could be a diamond in this draft and everyone knows it.... It just so happens that when every other team considers it, the Bengals have already jumped at the opportunity! He may not be anything more than a nickle/dime CB but he'll be a good one, and we all know he can change a game in a second on special teams!

4.) Reid Fragel RT OSU... An improving converted TE that has been moving up draftboards... This guy is huge 6'8" and 315#... I think the thing that sells me most on him for the bengals is the fact that we always run that extra lineman as a TE set and considering that Reid actually played TE, he may be masked as a possible goal line target unlike Roland in that particular set!

5.) Chase Thomas OLB Stanford... Good linebacker with a pretty high ceiling... Played for one of the toughest defenses in college last year and at one point was thought to be a first or second round prospect... Thomas will provide good depth, and because of his high ceiling and incredible size, he will come in and embrace a mentorship with the meanest dude in stripes... James Harrison!

6a.) Landry Jones QB Oklahoma... Everyone knows that the bengals brass have been interested in Landry who was once a first round prospect... Andy needs a youngster to push him and I would assume Landry would do everything he could to do just that... Maybe jay Gruden is just trying to find the guy that could throw a ball that Gresham could actually catch?

6b.) Rick Wagner OT Wisconsin... May not fall this far, but weirder things have happened! Decent lineman from a school known for its lineman... Never can have enough of the big uglies up front!

7a.) Dennard Robinson WR/RB/KR/practice dummy... Who knows where this guy will actually go, but I'd take him here... Everyone try's to put him at WR but I think he'd be a nasty RB!

7b.) Joe Kruger DE Utah... Probably wont make the team, but have to bring him in to observe first hand considering his pedigree.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the first 3 picks. Honey Badger scares me and i would prefer to get him in the 4th, but I think he could be a game changer for us. I dont like taking a receiver at 21, but would gladly take Hunter at 37. Bernard is my #1 back with Franklin a close second.

Chase Thomas doesnt fit a 4-3 IMO. Jones is a ok backup, but I would prefer to take someone with a higher ceiling.

I doubt Robinson falls that far but I like the Wagner and Kruger picks

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Feranklin more than Bernard, but would be happy with either.

I know you got the speed back there, but I would still love to grab Knile Davis in the 4th.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: My one and only mock Reply with quote

kage1331 wrote:
I think we sign Andre the night before the draft or the morning before... He know no one else wants him, and we know a rookie can't come in and play like he can. So he will get a deal anywhere from 6-7 mil on a 3 year deal with lots of stipulations... More than he's worth, but less than the 9 mil he wants!

1.) Matt Elam SS Florida
2a.) Justin Hunter WR Tennessee
2b.) Giovanni Bernard RB UNC
3.) Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU
4.) Reid Fragel RT OSU
5.) Chase Thomas OLB Stanford
6a.) Landry Jones QB Oklahoma
6b.) Rick Wagner OT Wisconsin
7a.) Dennard Robinson WR/RB/KR
7b.) Joe Kruger DE Utah

Love it kage.

You forgot to mention that Robinson could be a decent option QB, when Gruden installs this years 'read option' Bengal offence Very Happy
Hokie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like the first three picks. Not crazy about Honey Badger in the 3rd. Fragel would be solid in the 4th. I like the late picks except for Robinson. I don't think Kruger falls to the 7th.
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice mock i can definitely see it happening. I'd prefer Franklin over Bernard as well, but can't complain.

PS you really think Elam is the best form tackler you've seen in a while?? One of his biggest concerns is that he needs to wrap up more instead of trying to blow carriers up. My homie Cyprien, on the other hand, tackles like a linebacker. Very Happy
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: