Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Revis mock draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Love it. Not a draft expert but can someone tell me how good Banks is?

i think he's a first round talent. i've said it a lot and i'll keep saying it guys that long, fluid, with his ball skills aren't easy to find
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm yeah if josh freeman goes down guess what?? We have who at quarterback again? Guess we should draft a qb with that pick too
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
Hmm yeah if josh freeman goes down guess what?? We have who at quarterback again? Guess we should draft a qb with that pick too
Terrible logic. You can say that about 31 other teams in the NFL. The best defenses have at least TWO above average cornerbacks on their roster. Tampa has one. So yeah, lets try something new.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

people think we are better at corner than we are.... who knows with wright, ronde hasn't even said he's back yet, no one else on the roster has proved anything. if we had another corner i won't complain.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we take Banks I am fine with it seeing as he would be the highest player on our board and I trust our guys.

Revis, Wright and Barber with Johnson the 4th guy is a solid group. Anyone that thinks Ronde isn't coming back honestly has to be up for a sig bet Very Happy

Could the same thing that is being said by some about our corner position not be said for our end and tackle situation as well? We have spent a ton on two monsters this offeason to help the secondary. What about helping the pass rush? How much time is a rookie corner going to get playing behind the guys stated above. If we draft a solid tackle they will be starting day one I would think. An end would also get a ton of snaps as well seeing as our depth is lacking behind Bowers and Clayborn.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
Pvsports9

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
indifference wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
Well I am more ok with that group of CBs than I am with Gary Gibson at DT and Luke Stocker at TE that's for sure... The defensive line are the most injury prone guys on this team, depth is way more needed there than CB
....and apparently you missed the Montori Hughes and Corey Lemonior picks in this mock draft.

Tampa has Luke Stocker, Tom Crabtree, Danny Noble, Nate Byham, and Drake Dunsmore. The depth at TE is fine; considering in Sullivan's passing offense we don't require the TE to be much but block for Doug Martin.

Can you name any other CB's do we have besides Revis, Wright, and Leonard Johnson?

who?... and I don't even know who those D-lineman are in the draft you have us taking I'll be honest... Barber will also most likely be back, if not than another CB in the draft I'm fine with but not that early

the fact that you don't know those people in the draft kind of makes your points irrelevant then. Montori Hughes and Lemonier are big time talents and would be steals in this mock- adding not only "depth" but immediate players for our team
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
Terrible logic. You can say that about 31 other teams in the NFL. The best defenses have at least TWO above average cornerbacks on their roster. Tampa has one. So yeah, lets try something new.

Laughing You do realize I was using YOUR logic right?.. wow haha, so yeah thanks for proving my point

indifference wrote:
The best defenses have at least TWO above average cornerbacks on their roster.

Yeah lets play the game of "the best defenses have good players at these positions game"...
Rolling Eyes
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pvsports9 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
indifference wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
Well I am more ok with that group of CBs than I am with Gary Gibson at DT and Luke Stocker at TE that's for sure... The defensive line are the most injury prone guys on this team, depth is way more needed there than CB
....and apparently you missed the Montori Hughes and Corey Lemonior picks in this mock draft.

Tampa has Luke Stocker, Tom Crabtree, Danny Noble, Nate Byham, and Drake Dunsmore. The depth at TE is fine; considering in Sullivan's passing offense we don't require the TE to be much but block for Doug Martin.

Can you name any other CB's do we have besides Revis, Wright, and Leonard Johnson?

who?... and I don't even know who those D-lineman are in the draft you have us taking I'll be honest... Barber will also most likely be back, if not than another CB in the draft I'm fine with but not that early

the fact that you don't know those people in the draft kind of makes your points irrelevant then. Montori Hughes and Lemonier are big time talents and would be steals in this mock- adding not only "depth" but immediate players for our team

Yeah guess I should get in the film room so I can act like a scout on an internet forum
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
people think we are better at corner than we are.... who knows with wright, ronde hasn't even said he's back yet, no one else on the roster has proved anything. if we had another corner i won't complain.

We could still get a solid one in the 4th with that position being so deep. I just don't want to spend the 2nd on a corner
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:

Laughing You do realize I was using YOUR logic right?.. wow haha, so yeah thanks for proving my point

Huh? YOUR comparing a QB to the CB position. Which is BAD logic because

A) The NFL standard now fields 2-3 CB at ONE time on any given play in comparison there's only 1 QB on the field.

Caaddy24 wrote:

Yeah lets play the game of "the best defenses have good players at these positions game"...
Rolling Eyes
Yeah, lets not...I mean I only want Tampa to finish mediocre defensively....... Laughing
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pvsports9 wrote:

He's your guy that comes in and drops groundbreaking info on the obvious top talents in the draft around this time every year. Outside the "scout 32" the guy we're speaking on couldn't name any prospect with a 2nd/3rd round grade. Its all bad.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

A) The NFL standard now fields 2-3 CB at ONE time on any given play in comparison there's only 1 QB on the field.

Caaddy24 wrote:

Rolling Eyes
Yeah, lets not...I mean I only want Tampa to finish mediocre defensively....... Laughing

And where are you getting this "NFL standard" thing from?

Btw, your logic of "if an injury happens", is the same for any position... I used Quarterback as an example of that man, do you want me to use DT? RB? OT? FB? Doesn't matter
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, if a CB like Taylor or Banks is there at 43, I can't see Dom passing on one.

Same thing with QB: Say a guy like Tyler Wilson is available round 3. Could be tough to pass on him there as well.

I am starting to think that TE isn't as high of a priority in our draft plans as some of most forum fans think. Remember, Sully's offense doesn;t require a legit pass catching threat. Stocker and Crabtree are actually the type of fits for our offense. Good blockers who are solid 4th options on offense.

Also, 3rd WR isn't a problem either. Underwood played well last year and ogeltree gives competition at the 4th. Steve smith adds more depth.

By the draft's end, I will see this:

-Another CB added, quite possibly in round 2.
-QB drafted somwhere between rounds 3 and 5.
-DLINE addressed, possibly bother dt and DE.
-RB
-Oline.
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
indifference wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

Caaddy24 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Btw, your logic of "if an injury happens", is the same for any position... I used Quarterback as an example of that man, do you want me to use DT? RB? OT? FB? Doesn't matter
Seriously?

1) There are two starting cornerbacks on every team that takes the field. "NFL standard"

Quote:
Most teams now play in nickel defenses more frequently than their base defense, meaning many third cornerbacks are actually starters.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82067df7/article/respected-veterans-top-list-of-nfls-best-corners

2) Again, you can't compare QB's to CB's because of the obvious. There's only 1 starting caliber QB that CAN play at a time. You can try to make a case for RB, OT, and FB but guess what, bud those positions aren't exactly detrimental to win games these days. Its a PASSING league. Those that can pass and defend the pass go deep into the playoffs and or win the whole thing....this is science
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
indifference wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

Caaddy24 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Seriously?

1) There are two starting cornerbacks on every team that takes the field. "NFL standard"

Quote:
Most teams now play in nickel defenses more frequently than their base defense, meaning many third cornerbacks are actually starters.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82067df7/article/respected-veterans-top-list-of-nfls-best-corners

2) Again, you can't compare QB's to CB's because of the obvious. There's only 1 starting caliber QB that CAN play at a time. You can try to make a case for RB, OT, and FB but guess what, bud those positions aren't exactly detrimental to win games these days. Its a PASSING league. Those that can pass and defend the pass go deep into the playoffs and or win the whole thing....this is science

I can compare QBs to CBs, you know why? They're both a position in football, you don't seem to get that.... You finally made a good point about it being a passing league but I still don't want a CB that early

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: