Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 OTA'S/Minicamp/Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10369
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
*Not Titans related but concerns the Titans' 1st opponent of the season*

RB Felix Jones just traded to Steelers. They are in full panic mode to replace Bell. Felix Jones has not done anything in the NFL in 5 years. Now back to your regularly scheduled broadcasting. Laughing


So glad the Titans didn't take him or have the chance to take him.
_________________
Titans should take Aaron Donald.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dionysus


Joined: 24 May 2009
Posts: 1672
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
lamont wrote:
*Not Titans related but concerns the Titans' 1st opponent of the season*

RB Felix Jones just traded to Steelers. They are in full panic mode to replace Bell. Felix Jones has not done anything in the NFL in 5 years. Now back to your regularly scheduled broadcasting. Laughing


So glad the Titans didn't take him or have the chance to take him.


I'm glad we didn't take Jones OR McFadden for that matter.
_________________
BEST QUOTE: "Sometimes you gotta treat people wrong to treat yourself right"...Daffy Duck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
coleman51


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 2771
Location: Hendersonville, TN
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix Jones was pretty solid before he became injury prone. He has a high YPC if I remember.
_________________

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."


RIP Stylish313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ragevsuall17


Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 5633
Location: TX
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
Rage. Rage rage rage.

One of our best defensive players and potentially our top pass rusher. As if our defense didn't suck enough already. Jesus.


Man... I thought I was getting a distress call... 3 times is it usually takes to get me to pop in... but 4 times... I was worried for a sec.




I wish we would have gone for a more experienced MLB in the offseason, but we have to be glad they at least went after Fokou. Its unfortunate about McCarthy... he's been our best MLB since Barron Wortham or Al Smith or something... its been too long... but it seems like its time to move on. With all the Nickel we play, Fokou shouldn't be asked to do too much. Pollard could also be a backup option, if they decide to play Wilson and Griff at the more traditional S spots, and put Pollard in a safety/LB hybrid position.

I'm not too worried about MLB. If the DL and OLBs do a better job of generating pressure, the D will be improved.



I'm too lazy at the moment to look at the FA's at MLB this summer. Were there really any good MLBs to choose from?


I don't think there were any. I think it may be dying position in todays NFL... at least the traditional MLB position.

There was Urlacher and Lewis both recently retired... but now, the only name that stands out as a traditional MLB-type is Wilis. Unless I'm completely brain farting and forgetting someone, that's it as far as elite MLB. I'm sure there are some good ones out there... but none at that Lewis/Urlacher/Willis level.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deeluxx3


Hot Shot Crew
Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 12945
Location: Chicago/Mizzou
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
Rage. Rage rage rage.

One of our best defensive players and potentially our top pass rusher. As if our defense didn't suck enough already. Jesus.


Man... I thought I was getting a distress call... 3 times is it usually takes to get me to pop in... but 4 times... I was worried for a sec.




I wish we would have gone for a more experienced MLB in the offseason, but we have to be glad they at least went after Fokou. Its unfortunate about McCarthy... he's been our best MLB since Barron Wortham or Al Smith or something... its been too long... but it seems like its time to move on. With all the Nickel we play, Fokou shouldn't be asked to do too much. Pollard could also be a backup option, if they decide to play Wilson and Griff at the more traditional S spots, and put Pollard in a safety/LB hybrid position.

I'm not too worried about MLB. If the DL and OLBs do a better job of generating pressure, the D will be improved.



I'm too lazy at the moment to look at the FA's at MLB this summer. Were there really any good MLBs to choose from?


I don't think there were any. I think it may be dying position in todays NFL... at least the traditional MLB position.

There was Urlacher and Lewis both recently retired... but now, the only name that stands out as a traditional MLB-type is Wilis. Unless I'm completely brain farting and forgetting someone, that's it as far as elite MLB. I'm sure there are some good ones out there... but none at that Lewis/Urlacher/Willis level.


Isn't Kuechly in Carolina a MLB? Obviously he is only a 2nd year player, but that guy is well on his way to being a great player.

Shame Jon Beason was slowed by injuries. That guy was a force at MLB.
_________________

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10369
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:


Isn't Kuechly in Carolina a MLB? Obviously he is only a 2nd year player, but that guy is well on his way to being a great player.


I loved him coming out of BC. I didnt see him playing like he did last night. but i knew he played the pass well. Dude is a beast.

If he would have dropped to our pick, I think the Titans liked him.
_________________
Titans should take Aaron Donald.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titansNvolsR#1


Joined: 26 Nov 2005
Posts: 12014
Location: Kuwait City
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone give me a rundown of how we have looked in the last two preseason games? How are we on injuries? Being 7 hours ahead and constantly busy the past week and a half has made it impossible for me to catch the games or keep up.
_________________
My Student wrote:
Give your girlfriend my number, Mr. Garrett. I may be 12, but she deserves a real man. Not someone that gives homework in Math and Science the same night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 23998
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@terrymc13: #Titans have released CB George Baker, an undrafted rookie from South Fla.”

_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
UTMoc10


Joined: 18 Oct 2009
Posts: 2475
Location: Lakeland, Fl
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Can anyone give me a rundown of how we have looked in the last two preseason games? How are we on injuries? Being 7 hours ahead and constantly busy the past week and a half has made it impossible for me to catch the games or keep up.


-Jake has looked really good. Good decision making, has put touch on his throws and seems a lot more comfortable with the offense.

-The OL is going to be top 3 in the game.
Andy Levitre might be the best player on the OL right now. Warmack's ceiling is higher but he isn't up to that level quite yet.

-CJ is running much harder and being more decisive, not as much dancing. Of course he has whole's the size of a Mack truck to drive through.

-Justin Hunter caught a TD Saturday other than that I haven't seen much out of him.

-Tommie Campbell played pretty good D on Julio Jones this week but got beat badly the week before.

Verner got beat a couple times

-Ayers, Brown and McCarthy all sat this week. Looks like McCarthy could be back this week. Idk about the others. Ayers has a high ankle sprain.

-Rob Turner looks to be winning the C job. Schwenke played in the 2nd half this week and looked great, but he hasn't taken any game reps with the 1's due to injury.

-George Wilson has really surprised me. Looks pretty good in coverage, imo.

-Delanie Walker might be a go on Thursday. He has been practicing but they aren't sure if they are going to give him the game off yet or not.

-Kevin Walter looks to be a possible cut or start the season on PUP.

-Michael Preston should definitely make the roster. He has looked really good.

-Jackie Battle - see Michael Preston.

-Jurrey Casey is a beast. Looks healthy after playing last season injured.

-Derrick Morgan also looks great.

-Bernard Pollard has taken some stupid penalties but is bringing an attitude towards the defense.

-Michael Griffin is our best safety right now. I didn't hear his name called one during the game last week which is a good thing for him. Laughing

-Bironas missed a few field goals last week, but seems to have righted the ship.

-Wright was out this week. He should be ready to go for the start of the regular season.
_________________
2014 Adpot-A-Titan
Kendall Wright


Props to "Peppers90" on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 23998
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@jwyattsports: The #Titans have released TE DeMarco Cosby”


Quote:
“@jwyattsports: The #Titans have released WR Justin Hilton”


Quote:
“@terrymc13: #Titans have released WR Diondre Borel”


Quote:
“@jwyattsports: The #Titans have released receiver Roberto Wallace”


Quote:
“@terrymc13: #Titans have released veteran offensive tackle Barry Richardson”


Quote:
“@terrymc13: #Titans will release veteran safety Tracy Wilson”


Quote:
“@jwyattsports: The #Titans have released LB Kadarron Anderson”


Quote:
“@terrymc13: #Titans have released TE Martell Webb”


Quote:
“@terrymc13: #Titans release center Eloy Atkinson.”


11 down from 90. Should be 4 to go.

Quote:
“@terrymc13: #Titans will place WR Kevin Walter on regular season PUP today as one of the 15 moves. Has been out since having back surgery in offseason.”

_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones


Last edited by ttitansfan4life on Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
UTMoc10


Joined: 18 Oct 2009
Posts: 2475
Location: Lakeland, Fl
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuts so far...

LB Kadarron Anderson
S Tracy Wilson
OT Barry Richardson
WR Robert Wallace
WR Diondre Borel
K Maikon Bonani
WR Justin Hilton
CB George Baker
TE Demarco Cosby
TE Martell Webb


Also for the UT fans in the forum. Da'Rick Rogers was cut by the Bills.
_________________
2014 Adpot-A-Titan
Kendall Wright


Props to "Peppers90" on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VY


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 2978
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be interesting to see who survives out of Preston, Mariani, Reynaud, Battle and Doyle. Seems like WR/RB/TE cuts will be tough, as for any of those it will probably mean going thinner elsewhere. Mariani could go PUP I suppose.

Going 4 deep at TE makes more sense if Stevens is more H-back, and we lose Q. Johnson and Mooney (keeping Doyle). Going 6 deep at WR seems like a tough proposition without a return man in the group, but Preston has certainly been solid. I think to accomodate that we almost have to go 3 at RB with Reynaud dual RB/returner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 25753
Location: Props to El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Da'Rick Rogers was cut by the Bills.


And that's why scouts are paid to do what they do and fans are fans.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 23998
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@jwyattsports: The Titans have released linebacker Greg Jones”


Quote:
“@jwyattsports: The #Titans have also released OL Oscar Johnson”


2 more down. Roster at 77 with 2 more cuts left before tomorrow.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10369
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
Da'Rick Rogers was cut by the Bills.


And that's why scouts are paid to do what they do and fans are fans.


Whaatt??? Da'Rick was the best WR UT had...right???
_________________
Titans should take Aaron Donald.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 60 of 62

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group