Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 OTA'S/Minicamp/Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UK_Titan

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read on the NFL website that Kendall Wright has lost 14 pounds and has reported in at 187 ... interesting hopefully he can be more explosive out the slot!
s_camp

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UK_Titan wrote:
Just read on the NFL website that Kendall Wright has lost 14 pounds and has reported in at 187 ... interesting hopefully he can be more explosive out the slot!

From his previous game weight? That seems like a drastic change!
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
UK_Titan wrote:

He still had a fair amount of baby fat on him. Anything he adds now is going to be pure bulk unless he pulls a LenDale.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought Wright was solid last year and on pace to becoming a great threat for us. But being lighter maybe he will be more explosive. Him Hunter and Britt man that is nasty

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
s_camp

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
UK_Titan wrote:

He still had a fair amount of baby fat on him. Anything he adds now is going to be pure bulk unless he pulls a LenDale.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought Wright was solid last year and on pace to becoming a great threat for us. But being lighter maybe he will be more explosive. Him Hunter and Britt man that is nasty

Hah, I hoped it was obvious.

I hate to say it, but at this point you can't get your hopes up too high about Britt.
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
MdTitansFan56 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
UK_Titan wrote:

Hah, I hoped it was obvious.

I hate to say it, but at this point you can't get your hopes up too high about Britt.

I agree with you about Britt. That is just me being extremely optimistic about him haha.

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was rookie. He is learning how to be a pro. I like it. Now if this was year 5 and he said, I'm gonna try to do right? WTH???lol

But, I like the renewed culture over there. Its like "look we moving forward, get on or get left behind." (Britt...I'm looking at you.)
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeney signed with the Chargers. Could make us up the offer for Abraham.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:

Doesn't San Diego run a 3-4 defense or are they converting to the 4-3 now? Seems like Freeney would still struggle in the 3-4 scheme, so I don't know how good of a signing that was for the Chargers.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Doesn't San Diego run a 3-4 defense or are they converting to the 4-3 now? Seems like Freeney would still struggle in the 3-4 scheme, so I don't know how good of a signing that was for the Chargers.

Freeney would struggle in any system now, IMO. I dunno what happened to him, but his physical abilities plummeted over the past year and a half/two years. He's no where near as fast as he used to be, and he's never been an extremely strong guy, so it's not like he can rely on that now. The guy had a fantastic career, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is his last season.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
According to the National Football Post's Dan Pompei, the Titans believe they can "get more out of Delanie Walker than they did Jared Cook."
Yikes. Per Pompei, the Titans plan to play Walker "for more snaps than they played Cook." That's not far-fetched since Walker is a far superior blocker, but stone-handed, he's half the receiver. Nevertheless, the Titans believe Walker can split out wide and "(create) mismatches." That's hard to do for a 6-foot-0 tight end. The Titans have been overly optimistic bordering on aimless with their offseason moves. A reckoning could be coming in 2014.

it's so frustrating reading that garbage. How in the hot hell do they come to that conclusion. Like we just went out and signed the biggest names for crazy money. Each signing has had a purpose.

Bastards....if i was a player I'd be heated. (more than I am now.lol)
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Quote:
According to the National Football Post's Dan Pompei, the Titans believe they can "get more out of Delanie Walker than they did Jared Cook."
Yikes. Per Pompei, the Titans plan to play Walker "for more snaps than they played Cook." That's not far-fetched since Walker is a far superior blocker, but stone-handed, he's half the receiver. Nevertheless, the Titans believe Walker can split out wide and "(create) mismatches." That's hard to do for a 6-foot-0 tight end. The Titans have been overly optimistic bordering on aimless with their offseason moves. A reckoning could be coming in 2014.

it's so frustrating reading that garbage. How in the hot hell do they come to that conclusion. Like we just went out and signed the biggest names for crazy money. Each signing has had a purpose.

How idiotic is that notion? Really? Bordering on aimless with our offseason moves? Like you said KT, these weren't a bunch of random signings to draw attention, i.e. like Tebow. These were players to fit exactly what we're trying to do. We're converting back to a run-first offense, and we had holes to fill. We needed to fix the interior O-line, we got the best OG in FA and drafted the best OG (IMO) coming out. We probably stole the best Center in the draft, and signed another veteran OL (Turner), while resigning Velasco. We got an excellent blocking TE who's far more versatile than Cook. We signed a power RB to pair with CJ2K for a better ground 'n' pound attack. We're going bigger at WRs for better blocking purposes, so we added Kevin Walter. We're going back to a tougher, physical, faster "in your face" defense, so we added more horses to do the job, and get after the QB. We added veterans from FA and speed in the draft. On top of all of that, we added the coaches to help take it to the next level. Plus we're still making moves to improve our depth on all fronts. Nobody's safe.
Of course we already know this, but appearently Dan Pompei doesn't. Would somebody please go explain all of this to that moron? All of these moves don't sound so AIMLESS to me. As a matter of fact, it's all pretty blatant. The only thing that's an enigma is the new playbook.
We might be HIGHLY optimistic and with very good reason, but not overly. Whew, glad to get that out of my system.

Last edited by Dionysus on Mon May 20, 2013 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Quote:

I assume that is from rotoworld, which has hated every single move we have made this offseason. The biggest compliment that I have seen from that site is Silva had our offensive line ranked 10th in the league, which is about as low as someone could possibly have it after the retooling over the last few months.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 12 receptions, 237 yards, 1 touchdown
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. Someone should copy and archive that. Then at the end of the season, go make them eat crow.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@terrymc13: Offensive linemen Antoine Caldwell and Winston Justice visited #Titans today. Interesting given that most OL spots already seem to be filled”

lamont

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
“@terrymc13: Offensive linemen Antoine Caldwell and Winston Justice visited #Titans today. Interesting given that most OL spots already seem to be filled”

Personally I am not interested in either, hopefully they are upgrading their "ready list" in case of a injury in camp. Justice was terrible in Indy last season. Caldwell is a filthy ex-texan. Twisted Evil

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 6 of 62

Jump to: