Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 OTA'S/Minicamp/Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ockham

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can George Wilson lose playing time, when he hasn't played one down yet?

Hunter doesn't have "size", he has length. Boy is a stick. Needs to put on 25 lbs of muscle.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
coleman51

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:

Hunter doesn't have "size", he has length. Boy is a stick. Needs to put on 25 lbs of muscle.

AJ Green 6'4 207
Justin Hunter 6'4 200

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: Im mad at the fact theyve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
Ockham

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coleman51 wrote:
Ockham wrote:

AJ Green 6'4 207
Justin Hunter 6'4 200

Hunter has never seen 200. I'd like to see him 6'4" 220, but I'd compromise at 215

stallyns wrote:
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
coleman51 wrote:
Ockham wrote:

AJ Green 6'4 207
Justin Hunter 6'4 200

Hunter has never seen 200. I'd like to see him 6'4" 220, but I'd compromise at 215

He weighed in at 196 at the combine. Eat a big meal and he's at 200. Laughing

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
-Hope-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
coleman51 wrote:
Ockham wrote:

AJ Green 6'4 207
Justin Hunter 6'4 200

I don't understand why you'd want him to be 215 or 220. Hunter doesn't play physical and never will. That's not his style. He's more in the vein of a Randy Moss- a tall, lanky deep threat with blazing speed and incredible leaping ability. He's never going to use his physicality to beat you, and if he tries to get to 215 or 220 he'll be sacrificing his speed.

He's 196 now, and I'd say he needs to gain maybe 10-15 lbs to put him at 205-210 and he'll be good to go. Randy Moss was 210 on a good day.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Kuharsky said it looks like Ropati Pitoitua is going to be a starter...Where on earth did he get that from? Has he been some kind of monster so far?

Quote:
Im not sure how good Ropati Pitoitua will be, but he looks to be a starter right now and rookie Lavar Edwards should be in the rotation of ends.

--- http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/51019/time-for-the-twitter-mailbag
Ockham

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
Ockham wrote:
coleman51 wrote:
Ockham wrote:

AJ Green 6'4 207
Justin Hunter 6'4 200

I don't understand why you'd want him to be 215 or 220. Hunter doesn't play physical and never will. That's not his style. He's more in the vein of a Randy Moss- a tall, lanky deep threat with blazing speed and incredible leaping ability. He's never going to use his physicality to beat you, and if he tries to get to 215 or 220 he'll be sacrificing his speed.

He's 196 now, and I'd say he needs to gain maybe 10-15 lbs to put him at 205-210 and he'll be good to go. Randy Moss was 210 on a good day.

I just want him to be able to take a full speed hit from an NFL safety and not get broken in half. I didn't think Desean Jackson was big enough either, so I could be wrong.

stallyns wrote:
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Paul Kuharsky said it looks like Ropati Pitoitua is going to be a starter...Where on earth did he get that from? Has he been some kind of monster so far?

Quote:
Im not sure how good Ropati Pitoitua will be, but he looks to be a starter right now and rookie Lavar Edwards should be in the rotation of ends.

--- http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/51019/time-for-the-twitter-mailbag

Not surprising at all. Gray's biggest thing he wants is to stop the run and that's Morgan and Ropati strongest asset especially Ropati. Early downs will be to stop the run and then bring in a fresh Wimbley on passing downs. Not all that surprising.
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm honestly curious as to what Mike Munchak did to whoever writes the shorts for rotoworld.
Quote:

Titans OC Dowell Loggains wants Jake Locker to get away from his reliance on a wristband to call plays.
Former OC Chris Palmer would call a number into Locker's headset, which corresponded with a play on Locker's wristband. Loggains plans to communicate the entire play. "My thing with the wristband is I believe the quarterback should know the gameplan well enough," Loggains said. "If the headset goes out, then he should be able to call the game." The move will certainly test Locker's football IQ, which hasn't always been the brightest through his first two seasons. The fact that the Titans already seem to be grasping at straws with their would-be franchise QB isn't a terribly promising sign.

I mean, what does grasping at straws have anything to do with what was mentioned there?

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 0 receptions, 0 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
I'm honestly curious as to what Mike Munchak did to whoever writes the shorts for rotoworld.
Quote:

Titans OC Dowell Loggains wants Jake Locker to get away from his reliance on a wristband to call plays.
Former OC Chris Palmer would call a number into Locker's headset, which corresponded with a play on Locker's wristband. Loggains plans to communicate the entire play. "My thing with the wristband is I believe the quarterback should know the gameplan well enough," Loggains said. "If the headset goes out, then he should be able to call the game." The move will certainly test Locker's football IQ, which hasn't always been the brightest through his first two seasons. The fact that the Titans already seem to be grasping at straws with their would-be franchise QB isn't a terribly promising sign.

I mean, what does grasping at straws have anything to do with what was mentioned there?

I am totally with you here. What straws are we supposed to be grasping at? They talk like we're just aimlessly going through desperate measures to hopefully make something work for Locker. We're installing a new offense and simply trying to give him more control over the plays. At least that's what it sounds like to me. Rolling Eyes
-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Quote:

I don't think I've seen a Rotoworld post about the Titans all offseason that didn't involve some sort of horribly off-base jab about our team. I think they're all written by KhanYouDigIt. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny because in NFL General there's a thread about who's had the best offseason and a number of posters actually picked us. It made me think back to how rotoworld has absolutely blasted our offseason and talked about how we have no sense of direction. Reading them, you'd think we were the 2004-now Raiders. Seriously, what's their deal?
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newest rotoworld post:
Quote:

Jake Locker - QB - Titans

Nate Washington sees similarities between Jake Locker and former teammate Ben Roethlisberger.
"I was there in Ben's second year, and right away you kind of understood (he) was gonna be a good quarterback, a guy that could make plays. That's the same thing with Jake," Washington said. "He's a guy who can make plays. I tell everybody all the time, this is football, and it's a gladiator sport, but it's not a dumb man's sport." Roethlisberger and Locker aren't entirely dissimilar players, but Ben came into the NFL with stronger mechanics, and a far superior football IQ. In a best-case scenario, Locker could develop into a poor man's Big Ben, but that's seeming less and less likely.

This is really just impressive.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 0 receptions, 0 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They always have to take a jab at the end. Rolling Eyes

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR
2) Sammie Hill NT
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Newest rotoworld post:
Quote:

Jake Locker - QB - Titans

Nate Washington sees similarities between Jake Locker and former teammate Ben Roethlisberger.
"I was there in Ben's second year, and right away you kind of understood (he) was gonna be a good quarterback, a guy that could make plays. That's the same thing with Jake," Washington said. "He's a guy who can make plays. I tell everybody all the time, this is football, and it's a gladiator sport, but it's not a dumb man's sport." Roethlisberger and Locker aren't entirely dissimilar players, but Ben came into the NFL with stronger mechanics, and a far superior football IQ. In a best-case scenario, Locker could develop into a poor man's Big Ben, but that's seeming less and less likely.

This is really just impressive.

So a best-case scenario is Locker possibly developing into a poor man's Roethlisberger? How about he ends up making Big Ben look like a poor man's Jake Locker? I'd rather see McNair 2.0 if compared to anybody, but I'm more interested in seeing the true Jake Locker version-1.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 19 of 62

Jump to: