Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

For those upset that we didn't sign Rolando McClain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: For those upset that we didn't sign Rolando McClain Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9198542/rolando-mcclain-baltimore-ravens-arrested-charged-alabama

Perhaps the team and FO knows a bit more than we realize.

...you have a forum resume?
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We know.

Already a thread about this.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=517817&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats funny is that a week ago, I found myself reading some trash over at BleccherReport (which is kind of redundant, since everything they do is trash), and one of their columnists who is a laughably huge Ravens homer was acting like the McClain signing was the best signing of the offseason. He was talking about how McClain was a victim of circumstances and that his on the field and off the field problems were NOT his own fault. He said the Raiders coaches and players held him back in Oakland and his bad influences led him into trouble off the field. Then, he was trying to say that signing McClain was like adding another early first round pick to the Ravens and that the Ravens would mold him into an elite ILB.

I laughed....hard.

McClain moves as slow as molasses in January and despite his size isnt that strong and has trouble shedding blocks and making tackles. Oakland didnt make him bad....HE made Oakland bad. I liked McClain coming out, and while I think he could be a decent player, he will never be great at this level. In college, his shortcomings werent as glaring, but in the NFL, they are.
treat88

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna be interesting to see if Ozzie sticks by him.

I thought he was a real nice fit for them and I think they really need him to shore up that interior run D.

He has to have wrecked whatever trust Ozzie showed him with this though. Tough call they have to make now.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
We know.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=517817&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

It's hardly the same topic. The other thread was no where to be found on the first page of topics when I posted. And the only post regarding the topic I'm discussing was a rotoworld link with no inclination as to what the subject was and a comment saying "Glad it wasn't us". And you're going to say "we know" ..Glad we were all informed.

The Curtain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can Baltimore just release him already so Cinci can sign him? It's inevitable, so why wait?
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
We know.

It's hardly the same topic. The other thread was no where to be found on the first page of topics when I posted. And the only post regarding the topic I'm discussing was a rotoworld link with no inclination as to what the subject was and a comment saying "Glad it wasn't us". And you're going to say "we know" ..Glad we were all informed.

Lol. It was already being discussed there and about 5 threads down from this one on page 1. Good try.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
We know.

Lol. It was already being discussed there and about 5 threads down from this one on page 1. Good try.

Dude are you serious. If you want me to call you out ok. There were two posts last night timestamped at around 11:58pm EST with a link to rotoworld and the comment " Glad it wasn't us" other than that the only other comment on this thread you linked to was one posted at 10:34am EST which did go in to detail. Too bad my post was at 9:56am.

Here are the two revealing posts in the thread you linked.

Quote:
Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:54 pm Post subject:
so very glad it wasnt us

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5712/rolando-mcclain

popie70
Quote:
Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:58 pm Post subject:
BigSnack wrote:
so very glad it wasnt us

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5712/rolando-mcclain

Thanks a lot Joe Flacco...

Yeah it was so obvious it was a big discussion..the previous post to these two was last month and again its basically an entirely different concept.

The highlighted really ? I don't see any other topics on Rolondo McClain or arrests posted within the last 3 days, perhaps next time I want to make a thread I should comb every single topic for a mention of the information I'm about to post?
At least it was thorough...

JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
We know.

Dude are you serious. If you want me to call you out ok. There were two posts last night timestamped at around 11:58pm EST with a link to rotoworld and the comment " Glad it wasn't us" other than that the only other comment on this thread you linked to was one posted at 10:34am EST which did go in to detail. Too bad my post was at 9:56am.

It was still very visible on page one, so another thread was not necessary.

Argue and complain all you want. It's not important, just pointing out it could've (should've) gone in there.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant

Last edited by JDLefebvre on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
popie70

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
We know.

It was still very visible on page on, so another thread was not necessary.

Argue and complain all you want. It's not important, just pointing out it could've (should've) gone in there.

I thought my comments were very insightful anyway...
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
We know.

It was still very visible on page one, so another thread was not necessary.

Perhaps the title may have hit home. I'll be more aware in the future, I'll just make my Headline topics very basic, such as "football" so we can just put everything we post in the future on one single thread. I'll follow that up with insightful commentary such as "Wow" with a link to another site with no information about a topic and you can all guess what its talking about by clicking on the link and being redirected to the other site.

I've said my peace, just feel the topic headline of the other thread was entirely different from the news of today and the info in the other thread as I showed was nowhere near obvious commentary on the topic.

Moving on ...Baltimore can't be too happy and as said just shows we never quite know what all our FO knows and why they make the moves or non moves they make.

steelers75

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: draft Reply with quote

i dont see anything wrong with your post jpn. looking at it now im glad we didnt pick mcclain up.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: draft Reply with quote

steelers75 wrote:
i dont see anything wrong with your post jpn. looking at it now im glad we didnt pick mcclain up.

It is not that something was "wrong" with it...

It is that there was already a thread about McClain and this subject was being discussed in that thread on page 1 near the top.

It is forum policy to try and keep from having two or more threads about the same subject to cut down on the clutter.

That is all that was "wrong" with it. It's a simple rule. Anyway, I too said my peace and would rather not clog up the thred further than already has been done.

I too am glad we passed on him.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: