Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

quick jets mock, no trades

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jets913

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: quick jets mock, no trades Reply with quote

1. Barkevious Mingo - OLB - LSU - 6'4" 241lbs - Gives us a much needed speed rusher with freakish ability, but also bust potential. I'd rather them take Jarvis Jones here as he is more proven as a football player, but I've read the Jets and Rex Ryan love Mingo.

1. Jonathan Cooper - OG - UNC - 6'2" 311lbs - We take arguably the #1 guard available and instantly improve our offensive line. Playing between Mangold and Ferguson would make our line one of the best in the league again and hopefully help improve our run game.

2. Zach Ertz - TE - Stanford - 6'5" 249lbs - We get the 2nd best TE assuming Eifert is off the board at this point. Instantly adds a big target with solid hands for whoever our QB is (probably going to be Sanchez this year...).

3. Da'Rick Rogers - WR - Tennessee Tech - 6'2" 217lbs - He had 1st round potential, but drops to the 3rd due to character flaws. We need another big receiver and I think we disregard the flaws and take him based off his pure talent.

4. Shamarko Thomas - S - Syracuse - 5'9" 213lbs - He improved his stock tremendously after a phenomenal combine (4.42 40, 28 bench reps, 40.5inch vertical). We have a huge need for a safety and I personally love Thomas in the 4th round. Should start for us right away.

5. Brandon Jenkins - OLB - Florida St. - 6'2" 251lbs - Double dip at OLB to continue improving our pass rush. Jenkins stock seemed to drop a bit due to his foot injury, but he has solid potential as an NFL pass rusher.

6. Khalid Wooten - CB - Nevada - 5'11" 210lbs - Need another CB for depth after losing Revis. He was a solid performer at the combine and had a solid senior season. Could be an underrated selection, if he doesn't go higher.

7. Collin Klein - QB - Kansas St. - 6'5" 226lbs - We need a QB at some point this year to compete with Sanchez, Garrard, and McElroy (hoping Tebow is a goner). Klein was very productive in college and is actually compared to Tebow in some ways as a runner, but I think he can be a much better passer.

Sig made by Jamison. Thank you!
mikejets22

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the first 3 picks. Would rather a safety in the 3rd instead of Rogers, or even a different WR. Like Jenkins, but I think that pick goes for Ivory Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it, but I'd certainly prefer a trade down with that second first. If we trade down deep enough into the first we can pick up a future first and still grab a quality player in the later portion of round one.
Technically yes... BUT by laws of playoff football, The Andrew Lucks lost to the Quarterbackbowl 47 winning Joe Flaccos. Whereas the Russel Wilsons lost to the Matt Ryans, who didnt even beat the Colin Kaepernicks.
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swapping Tebow for Klein makes no sense. Look to add a Mid-Round QB in the 3rd or 4th. Probably a Dysert or Tyler Wilson type. No need for a QB that won't ever develop into a from the pocket player.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time i see us taking a guard that high i just want to throw up. Cooper and Warmack will be marginally better than a guy who goes in round two or three. Would rather see an offensive play maker there.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
mikejets22

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Every time i see us taking a guard that high i just want to throw up. Cooper and Warmack will be marginally better than a guy who goes in round two or three. Would rather see an offensive play maker there.

Wrong, so so wrong. They might not be "offensive play makers", but they help MAKE PLAYS. As a matter of fact, those guys are the reason any "play makers" have any chance to make plays. How did Jets make it to back to back champ games? It wasn't with play makers, it was with guys in the trenches knocking guys off the ball and keeping the chains moving and the ball out of Brady's hands.

An offense with an average o-line but good play makers is average.
An offense with an awesome o-line but average play makers is awesome.
They make all the difference in the world at making your RB, QB and WR better players.

I would LOVE to see Ivory run behind Brick/Cooper/Mangold. Running game gets going early, sets up play action and all of a sudden game manager Mark finds his comfort zone again.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Swapping Tebow for Klein makes no sense. Look to add a Mid-Round QB in the 3rd or 4th. Probably a Dysert or Tyler Wilson type. No need for a QB that won't ever develop into a from the pocket player.

my bad actually haha, I look back at it and realize I shouldn't have given us Klein. I prefer not to take a QB at all this year to be honest. Just let Sanchez, Garrard and McElroy play out the season and our get our guy next year.

Sig made by Jamison. Thank you!
jets81keller

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No RB's I think that's a pretty big need, we have Holmes, Hill and Kerley? I think a RB to add with Goodson and Powell would help out this new WCO considering we'll probably be on 21 to 11 personel.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first 4 picks, I am semi ok in Shamarko Thomas but having a 5'9 safety got old during the Jimmy Leonhard times.

Jenkins could be a nice get in round 5. Pretty sure Collin Klein is going to be a wasted pick but it is a 7th rounder so I don't care about it that much.
Rich51

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Jenkins. If he's healthy he'll go way before the fifth (I think 2nd or 3rd). I think he might have been a first or early second if he came out last year.

I think Rogers has a lot of pluses but also a lot of baggage. I'd prefer Bailey in the third

I think this shows that we really need to trade one or both of those first round picks so we can get a Rb, maybe a NT or ILB, or even two O Linemen
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coooooooooppppeeerrrr!!

I'm not a mingo fan, but I can live with the rest of the draft.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcelroy sucks honestly. Hes not an nfl quarterback. Hes a third stringer. Draft a quarterback in 3-5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: