Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

5 Takeaways from Browns First Minicamp
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: 5 Takeaways from Browns First Minicamp Reply with quote

Quote:
One thing that jumped out at me during the three days of Browns minicamp practices this week was the faster pace of the offense. This is a top priority of new offensive coordinator Norv Turner. He’s instilling in Brandon Weeden, and the rest of the quarterbacks, the importance of functioning with a greater sense of urgency. And Weeden, Jason Campbell, and Thaddeus Lewis seem to be grasping the concept, along with the other members of the offense. In particular, Weeden seemed to get the ball out of his hand more quickly than he generally did as a rookie last year.

Quote:
Turner wasted no time demonstrating how aggressive the passing game will be. The first play from scrimmage in team drills was a long throw that Weeden completed to Josh Gordon. Weeden looks extremely comfortable working in a scheme that calls for him to frequently be in shotgun formation (as was the case when he was at Oklahoma State) and to often throw deep. The receivers also seem to enjoy the more attack-oriented mentality of the offense, although they will need more time to learn all of the finer points about where to line up and how to deal with all of the motion and adjusting before the snap.

Quote:
Tight end Jordan Cameron seems to be in the best physical condition since he joined the Browns as a fourth-round draft pick in 2011. And it is showing up in his performance. He’s moving with excellent speed and explosiveness, and making athletic plays. Cameron looks to be more confident in how to play tight end. He seems to be making major strides in transitioning from a basketball player who is trying to play football to a legitimate football player.

Quote:
While such observations must be tempered by the fact there is no contact in minicamp drills, the Browns’ new 3-4 defensive scheme looks as if it could be dynamic. It’s evident that outside linebacker Paul Kruger and the other newcomers in the front seven are excellent fits for what defensive coordinator Ray Horton is implementing. They get off the ball quickly and drop into coverage smoothly. Horton sounded downright ecstatic in talking with me about what he saw during the three days of practice

Quote:
When you look at the Browns’ schedule, you’re reminded of why this team has placed so much emphasis on bolstering its pass rush. Consider the quarterbacks this team will be facing: Baltimore’s Joe Flacco (on Sept. 15 and Nov. 3), Detroit’s Matthew Stafford (Oct. 13), Green Bay’s Aaron Rodgers (Oct. 20), Pittsburgh’s Ben Roethlisberger (Nov. 24 and Dec. 29), New England’s Tom Brady (Dec. Cool, and Chicago’s Jay Cutler (Dec. 15). Something tells me the Browns aren’t finished in their search for game-changing pass-rushers

http://blogs.clevelandbrowns.com/2013/04/19/5-takeaways-from-browns-first-minicamp/

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is great to hear.

All of it

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
candyman93

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much positivity to be believable

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
zelbell

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Planet Earth
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I've said before, I expect Weeden to be much better next year just because he'll be much more comfortable in the Pistol and Shotgun sets were gonna be running

Rammy on the sig
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
Like I've said before, I expect Weeden to be much better next year just because he'll be much more comfortable in the Pistol and Shotgun sets were gonna be running

agreed, this offense is 100 times more suitable for him than the WCO

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff! I'm really stoked to see what our offense will do this year...lots of potential to be awesome. Laughing

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
abbs1988

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good article, I think the run game is gonna help out our passer a lot more and allow him get some deep balls off. Especially since he's (Richardson) back from injury

LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, KINDNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITHFULNESS, AND SELF-CONTROL
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
I want wiggins
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the last line will ring true thursday. as i can see a rookie pass rusher having more of an impact vs those qb's than a rookie cb vs same said qb's.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
mas_atc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should take cutler off that list. No way he stays healthy for that long.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Too much positivity to be believable

Man, it sucks to be a Browns fan Sad
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
zelbell wrote:

Strange concept... Playing to your players strengths.

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Planet Earth
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
zelbell wrote:

why would one do that? don't you force your system on someone instead of playing to his strengths Laughing

Rammy on the sig
Onizuka

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
zelbell wrote:

I hope the Browns players don't fall down from shock on how comfortable they may feel playing this season Laughing

It's always great to hear good news......

I'm excited to see how our defense improves, I've always felt it was consistently improving over the past several years.

Good to hear Cameron is looking great, I hope to see him get a lot more playing time this year.

Not to be a downer, but, I'll wait till the regular season or at least the 4th preseason game before I get excited about Weeden. I have no doubt he will improve this year, but, my concern for him was always how he handles the pressure, though I do believe that some of last year's debacle (missing wide open receivers or under/over throwing open receivers) was on Shurmur's coaching. At the moment, it's just like last year, where Weeden looked terrific when it was just playing catch with his receivers during training camp. I really hope he improves with the proper coaching he should be getting and playing to his strenghts
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
zelbell wrote:

why would one do that? don't you force your system on someone instead of playing to his strengths Laughing

Asked Ahtyba Rubin
Bart

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These yound bloods should ask Brian Sipe and Dave Logan 'bout it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: