Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins hosting former Chargers CB Quentin Jammer
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Redskins hosting former Chargers CB Quentin Jammer Reply with quote

Quote:
Source: Veteran CB Quentin Jammer is meeting with #Redskins officials tonight in VA. 11-year vet has spent entire career in SD. 33 yrs old.

https://twitter.com/granthpaulsen/status/326113321919082497

Tom Brady Tribute
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The A.J. Smith influence is at work...

I suspect that they'd be looking to use him at FS or either use Jammer at CB and cut Wilson.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh I like it. What do you guys think, could he or Hall be moving to free safety?

I think it's possible
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TruSkinsFan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Ahhh I like it. What do you guys think, could he or Hall be moving to free safety?

I think it's possible

Naaaaah! Though I love it if the deal goes thru but he's not the same old Jammer that will probably compete against DHall. So my guess is put him at safety to prolong his career and see if he has a chance.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TruSkinsFan wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I think it's possible

Naaaaah! Though I love it if the deal goes thru but he's not the same old Jammer that will probably compete against DHall. So my guess is put him at safety to prolong his career and see if he has a chance.
yeah, I think he could be moving to FS also. I read a lot of people believed he should have been moved to safety a few years ago because he's struggled as a cb.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cory is a SS and quintins a cb who would go to FS. Seems likely will bring lynch for depth and Jamer at FS .....i dont k.ow enough of him to say CB but herd he struggled so.

Surprise we havent looked at barber.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Cory is a SS and quintins a cb who would go to FS. Seems likely will bring lynch for depth and Jamer at FS .....i dont k.ow enough of him to say CB but herd he struggled so.

Cory Lynch played some single high FS and did so well. It's believed by many that he could play FS better than anybody currently on our roster minus the suspended Tanard Jackson who's barely played football in 2 years.
Dashing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:

Cory Lynch played some single high FS and did so well. It's believed by many that he could play FS better than anybody currently on our roster minus the suspended Tanard Jackson who's barely played football in 2 years.
mayne jammer can play nickle or dime. Obvious tho as a starter hes finished but question is what are there contracts. Jammer had 0 interest so he would eother be FS or CB. Lynch would be nice
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:

mayne jammer can play nickle or dime. Obvious tho as a starter hes finished but question is what are there contracts. Jammer had 0 interest so he would eother be FS or CB. Lynch would be nice
At this point i cant imagine ither getting much of a contrct, but Why are you lacking about Lynch so much?

The player we are talking to is Quinten Jammer. Of course Jammer is going to play FS or CB, those are the only positions he can play. Confused
HTTR21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you put him at Free Safety it'll invite times to throw deep every time. Nickle is really the only role I see him playing, seeing hes a good tackling DB.

<Props to Rase for the Awesome sig>
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTR21 wrote:
If you put him at Free Safety it'll invite times to throw deep every time. Nickle is really the only role I see him playing, seeing hes a good tackling DB.
Do you think he'd be worse at FS than Moore, Atogwe and Madie Williams?

http://riggosrag.com/2013/04/22/2013-nfl-washington-redskins-meet-with-quentin-jammer/

Quote:
The fifth draft pick in the 2002 draft came out of the University of Texas where he played free safety, he was converted to cornerback when he got to the NFL.

You see. He played FS in college at Texas most believe that he should have always played FS.
TruSkinsFan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTR21 wrote:

So which safety would you go for Jammer, Madieu or a Draftee??? I'm all for Draftee because of the youth movement and speed wise but if Jammer can be an upgrade at that position than why not. Yes he'll might get burn but we can try to use him at the right time like Bucs did Barber. Just Sayin cheaper would be nice...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TruSkinsFan wrote:
HTTR21 wrote:

So which safety would you go for Jammer, Madieu or a Draftee??? I'm all for Draftee because of the youth movement and speed wise but if Jammer can be an upgrade at that position than why not. Yes he'll might get burn but we can try to use him at the right time like Bucs did Barber. Just Sayin cheaper would be nice...
also, since we have Orakpo back, qbs aren't going to have the time to go deep that they did last year.

Also, just because we sign Jammer, doesn't mean we don't draft a FS prospect in round 2 or 3. Jammer will be a signing to come in and compete for a job, we would want the Rookie to win the job though, but the rookie may need a year or so to develop. That's why we'd sign a vet also
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
The A.J. Smith influence is at work...

I suspect that they'd be looking to use him at FS or either use Jammer at CB and cut Wilson.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

If they went the "swap your CB" route: You'd save $4M by cutting Wilson, but you also have to pay Jammer. I guess it might be a net savings, but not that great of one.

If they went the "try a free safety" route: not a bad idea, but the problem becomes the cap (they still need to make space).
HTTR21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reason saying that he couldnt play free safety is that the chargers fans I talk too all say hes lost alot of speed. Yes hes better than Madieu Williams, but so is that bag of trash. Anything of Madieu Williams. I'd much rather have him play on the line and in zone so his lack of speed isnt used against him Hes great against run or tackling in general. I say we draft ala Phillip Thomas, David Amerson or Eric Reid then put Quentin Jammer back there. Just my two cents.

<Props to Rase for the Awesome sig>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: