Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stay Put vs. Trade Down 13 vs. Trade Down R2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Scenario is the Best?
Stay Put
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Trade Down in 1st
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Trade Down in 2nd
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

NY_Jets87

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
NY_Jets87 wrote:
Eifert is pretty solid. He is not Gronk but I believe he is better than Keller was for us and he is definitely a better blocker.

no reason to take a TE in the 1st when there's 4 TE's that r more.explosive expected to go in the 2nd/3rd (Ertz, McDonald, Kelce, and Escobar

I would rather go with proven. Eifert commands double teams in the red zone. He can block better than people give him credit for.

From NFL.com

STRENGTHS Very tough in a crowd, showing strong hands to make contested catches and a physical demeanor to come down with the ball in tight spaces. Tall, lean frame. Lines up with his hand down, in an H-back role, in the slot and outside. Threatens the seam with his long strides off the snap, takes a lot of hits across the middle and bounces up. Nice job gaining position in coverage with very good footwork, taking pride in his routes and showing much improvement in this area. Elevates well to go up and attack the ball, just needs an opportunity and chances are he’ll come down with it – very good at mid-air adjustments, making a lot of catches with his feet off the ground. Uses his height, length and strong hands to snatch passes out of the air. Flashes quick feet on out-cuts to be an effective safety valve. Fights through arm tackles to get extra yardage. Gets off the line effectively from a three-point stance, can shimmy past a defender near the line to get into his route. Gives effort as an in-line blocker, uses his length to hold off defensive ends, uses agility to get angle and create outside running lane. Also works hard to prevent defenders from reaching teammates downfield. Productive in his three seasons, leaving Notre Dame with just about every school receiving record for a TE including catches (140) and receiving yards (1,840).

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/tyler-eifert?id=2540148

Mack on the Sig
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NY_Jets87 wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
NY_Jets87 wrote:
Eifert is pretty solid. He is not Gronk but I believe he is better than Keller was for us and he is definitely a better blocker.

no reason to take a TE in the 1st when there's 4 TE's that r more.explosive expected to go in the 2nd/3rd (Ertz, McDonald, Kelce, and Escobar

I would rather go with proven. Eifert commands double teams in the red zone. He can block better than people give him credit for.

From NFL.com

STRENGTHS Very tough in a crowd, showing strong hands to make contested catches and a physical demeanor to come down with the ball in tight spaces. Tall, lean frame. Lines up with his hand down, in an H-back role, in the slot and outside. Threatens the seam with his long strides off the snap, takes a lot of hits across the middle and bounces up. Nice job gaining position in coverage with very good footwork, taking pride in his routes and showing much improvement in this area. Elevates well to go up and attack the ball, just needs an opportunity and chances are he’ll come down with it – very good at mid-air adjustments, making a lot of catches with his feet off the ground. Uses his height, length and strong hands to snatch passes out of the air. Flashes quick feet on out-cuts to be an effective safety valve. Fights through arm tackles to get extra yardage. Gets off the line effectively from a three-point stance, can shimmy past a defender near the line to get into his route. Gives effort as an in-line blocker, uses his length to hold off defensive ends, uses agility to get angle and create outside running lane. Also works hard to prevent defenders from reaching teammates downfield. Productive in his three seasons, leaving Notre Dame with just about every school receiving record for a TE including catches (140) and receiving yards (1,840).

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/tyler-eifert?id=2540148

Ertz is a better playmaker, id rather a player like Gronk than Heath Miller
mikejets22

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Ertz. Has been knocked on his blocking some but in some of the videos I've watched I've seen a lot of high effort, solid blocking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As0CURAoiUA

That one vs Cal and even pretty solid vs ND and had one heck of a catch vs Notre dame as well. I wouldn't be opposed to spending our 2nd on Ertz.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need DE/OLB and Safety on defense, and now it seems like CB will be a pick as well.

We need LG, RB, WR, TE, QB.

That's 8 picks. We can get RB and CB later. We could even get away with OG later but we need a starter. Then there is always one position ignored and one taken. We might see a big trade down the more I think about it. SF wants to move up for CB or DL. Maybe even top WR who knows. So let's say we get 31 and 34.

1a. Mingo
1b.
2a.
2b.
4. Dysert
5. Ivory/RB
6. Tharold Simon
7. DL

I wouldn't mind this as an initial blueprint then fill in the blanks with the rest.

1b. Cyprien
2a. Hopkins/Woods
2b. Ertz
3. Alvin Bailey

1b. Hopkins
2a. Ertz
2b. Kyle Long
3. Rambo

I really want Cooper or Warmack but I can see this trade going down to fill all our needs.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1a) OLB Mingo
1b) WR Austin
2) TE Ertz
3) S Rambo
4) BPA at G

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: