Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stay Put vs. Trade Down 13 vs. Trade Down R2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Scenario is the Best?
Stay Put
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Trade Down in 1st
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Trade Down in 2nd
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

Author Message
jetsfan4life51


Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 32635
Location: lawn guy land
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Stay Put vs. Trade Down 13 vs. Trade Down R2 Reply with quote

Stay Put
1a. Bark Mingo
1b. Jonathan Cooper
2. Zach Ertz
3. Baccari Rambo
4. Kenny Stills
5. Chris Ivory
6. Bruce Taylor
7. Kapron Lewis-Moore

Trade 13 for Minny 1st, 3rd, 4th
1a. Bark Mingo
1b. DeAndre Hopkins
2. Larry Warford
3a. Travis Kelce
3b. Baccari Rambo
4a. Brandon Williams
4b. Cornelius Washington
5. Chris Ivory
6. Bruce Taylor
7. Kapron Lewis-Moore

Trade 2nd for 2nd and 4th
1a. Bark Mingo
1b. Jonathan Cooper
2. Jesse Williams
3. Travis Kelce
4a. Josh Evans
4b. Kenny Stills
5. Ivory
6. Bruce Taylor
7. Kapron Lewis-Moore

Obv it can go different ways, just trying to base it off of value and rumors. But which scenario do you like the most? I think it is more important to get Mingo and OG than to get more picks and that would benefit the Jets the most. The layout is more important than what players picked, you can kind of fill in the picks with your guys.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47549
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do want to trade down, but I don't want Hopkins in the first round.
_________________


#TeamManfred
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetsfan4life51


Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 32635
Location: lawn guy land
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
I do want to trade down, but I don't want Hopkins in the first round.


Was going to swap Hopkins/Rambo for Cyprien/Bailey but I can't see both 1sts on defense.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47549
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
green24 wrote:
I do want to trade down, but I don't want Hopkins in the first round.


Was going to swap Hopkins/Rambo for Cyprien/Bailey but I can't see both 1sts on defense.

I absolutely could if it meant the rest of our draft is mostly spent on offense.
_________________


#TeamManfred
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetsfan4life51


Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 32635
Location: lawn guy land
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
green24 wrote:
I do want to trade down, but I don't want Hopkins in the first round.


Was going to swap Hopkins/Rambo for Cyprien/Bailey but I can't see both 1sts on defense.

I absolutely could if it meant the rest of our draft is mostly spent on offense.


We would have a lot of picks but what would we fill? TE and OG are a must then we could go later WR. Would that be good enough value when we can get S in the 3rd?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
quietjetsket


Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Posts: 3854
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade down from 13 looks good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
moham-17


Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Posts: 3935
Location: The Boro
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first round trade down alot.

Especially grabbing Washington in the 4th. Honestly, I wouldn't mind us double dipping even earlier than that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
teamorange


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 13074
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to trade back but depends on the offer/availability. I wanna hold on to the 9th pick unless we get some crazy offer.
_________________
quietjetsket wrote:
skrILL wrote:

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 8569
Location: Patchogue, New York
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking a guard that high makes me sick. Take one in the middle rounds. But I agree with a pass rusher first. Wouldnt mind Hopkins either. This team needs a WR desperately since Tone will be gone next season.
_________________

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47549
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Taking a guard that high makes me sick. Take one in the middle rounds. But I agree with a pass rusher first. Wouldnt mind Hopkins either. This team needs a WR desperately since Tone will be gone next season.

I don't want Hopkins with 13. Poopgate aside, he is probably worth a late 1st round pick. I don't see him as a #1 receiver in the NFL.
_________________


#TeamManfred
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
quietjetsket


Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Posts: 3854
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Taking a guard that high makes me sick. Take one in the middle rounds. But I agree with a pass rusher first. Wouldnt mind Hopkins either. This team needs a WR desperately since Tone will be gone next season.

I don't want Hopkins with 13. Poopgate aside, he is probably worth a late 1st round pick. I don't see him as a #1 receiver in the NFL.


Moe, Boyce and Dunn in late round picks is smarter plan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NY_Jets87


Joined: 03 Oct 2006
Posts: 3911
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade down in the first take Eifert instead of Hopkins and then take a WR in the 3rd.
_________________


Mack on the Sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
quietjetsket


Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Posts: 3854
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NY_Jets87 wrote:
Trade down in the first take Eifert instead of Hopkins and then take a WR in the 3rd.


Not interested in TE at all.


TE class is not that good unless you find 1st down machine very appealing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NY_Jets87


Joined: 03 Oct 2006
Posts: 3911
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eifert is pretty solid. He is not Gronk but I believe he is better than Keller was for us and he is definitely a better blocker.
_________________


Mack on the Sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
superbowlbound


Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 2501
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NY_Jets87 wrote:
Eifert is pretty solid. He is not Gronk but I believe he is better than Keller was for us and he is definitely a better blocker.


no reason to take a TE in the 1st when there's 4 TE's that r more.explosive expected to go in the 2nd/3rd (Ertz, McDonald, Kelce, and Escobar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group