Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Nassib, then hold hostage...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
bitty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Stupid idea, none of the QB's in this class are worth the #3 pick.

Or the first round.
bitty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People talk about taking the BPA are Raiders are not in a situation to do that. The BPA will be a LT and the Riders have JV so they basically will be picking an RT with the third pick in the draft.
They have to forget about the value chart and trade back for whatever they can get.
They just have to many holes fill on this team for thinking like that.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
People talk about taking the BPA are Raiders are not in a situation to do that. The BPA will be a LT and the Riders have JV so they basically will be picking an RT with the third pick in the draft.
They have to forget about the value chart and trade back for whatever they can get.

Desperate man's mentality and it's no way to run a team. This isn't "keep the power on" or "I have to feed the kids" type of leverage, where you hock your mother's $3,500 diamond necklace for $500 because the pawn shop in the hood assumes you are desperate. This is a football team and Fisher is a viable player and potential 10 year contributor at a current position of need. Fisher probably isn't the pick but overdrafting a RT makes a WHOLE lot more sense to me than the options: getting raped in trade back, drafting a short-arms DT, OG, or developmental prospect. Drafting Fisher is the best of a lot of poor options in an anomaly draft. Fisher isn't the pick but he should be absent a fair trade.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
bitty wrote:

Desperate man's mentality and it's no way to run a team. This isn't "keep the power on" or "I have to feed the kids" type of leverage, where you hock your mother's $3,500 diamond necklace for $500 because the pawn shop in the hood assumes you are desperate. This is a football team and Fisher is a viable player and potential 10 year contributor at a current position of need. Fisher probably isn't the pick but overdrafting a RT makes a WHOLE lot more sense to me than the options: getting raped in trade back, drafting a short-arms DT, OG, or developmental prospect. Drafting Fisher is the best of a lot of poor options in an anomaly draft. Fisher isn't the pick but he should be absent a fair trade.

Yep. I don't understand why we should reach on another pick if our guys view Fisher as BPA (I don't, but that's another argument). Veldheer will get treated like All our other FAs-- given a reasonable deal, take it or leave it. What if we pass on Fisher and Veldheer walks, anyone think of that? Sure we could franchise him, but I don't think we want to play that game. There's no shame in having two guys capable of playing one of the 3 most important positions, especially when the "backup" can start and get just as many snaps at RT. And who knows, if it works out that we can have the top tandem of bookends long-term that would be a great foundation for the future. If not, we get financial flexibility with the money we would have paid Veldheer and likely a high compensation pick.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
bitty wrote:

I will take a second round pick to move back 5- 8 spots? Then the Raiders can get Star in the first and Fluker in the second round.
This draft is deep at DT, OG and OTs I could name a bunch of combos of players that aren't scrubs and that could help the Raiders.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading down to 7 and picking up a 2nd would be great. From our perspective, we get a top defender. There's likely 3 OTs gone at that point so we get a top 4 defender and a high 2nd. God that would be great. However I've said all off-season and still believe that we are not going to trade out. I won't believe it until I see it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
bitty wrote:

I will take a second round pick to move back 5- 8 spots?
Then the Raiders can get Star in the first and Fluker in the second round.
This draft is deep at DT, OG and OTs I could name a bunch of combos of players that aren't scrubs and that could help the Raiders.

My apologies but moving back 5 or 8 spots is SIGNIFICANTLY better than "trade back for whatever they can get" as some here (maybe not you but others who have similar "get what you can get"sentiment) have suggested even trading back to 31st for one additional 2nd, which is completely out of balance.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
bitty wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
bitty wrote:

I will take a second round pick to move back 5- 8 spots?
Then the Raiders can get Star in the first and Fluker in the second round.

My apologies but moving back 5 or 8 spots is SIGNIFICANTLY better than "trade back for whatever they can get" as some here (maybe not you but others who have similar "get what you can get"sentiment) have suggested even trading back to 31st for one additional 2nd, which is completely out of balance.
Cmon man a lot of people here may not agree on a lot of things, but aint nobody in this forum that stupid.
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nassib is the next Ponder. Minnesota fans dont wanna admit it right now..but Ponder is horrible. The NFL Draft is a marketing money making machine and it's important to have QB's and popular college teams high in the draft..they seem to always want more than one QB in the 1st round....Your Matt Lienharts, Ponders and Lockers. I liked Jake Locker in college..one day i look around and there were all this scouts on my locker bandwagon..I thought to myself..he is not that good..only i like him..where did you guys come from? He was my Locker..to be drafted in the 3rd round, to groom a couple years, learn and heal..and become a started..now look at him..forced in teh first round...starting way too fast and starting to crash and burn..days already numbered..I still have faith in him though. It matters alot where a QB is drafted..certain rounds and expectations affect QB's...

Geno Smith and EJ Manuel are teh top two QB's ...Ej will be great but he is a 2nd round QB Nassib is 3rd and not even by himself..Barkley is Tied ..maybe even wilson...

You know how i really know Nassib is a 3rd rounder...? When the scouts talk about him now they say "He's tough" when asked why he should be 1st or 2nd round..they say "he's tough"..the same thing they said about locker and ponder..he is tough is code speak for "he doesnt deserve the merit..but we really gotta get another QB in the first round" ...Blaine Gabbert and kevin kolb knows what im talking about..so does tavaris jackson.....the jags have fallen for it..the vikings fell for it twice (t jack and Ponder) , the eagles...the cardinals (i know green did not want matt..but he has to) browns (Brady qiunn) the panthers (clausen)...i hope raiders dont fall for this..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
This woud be absolutely freaking retarded. Rumor has it Buffalo doesn't even want Nassib.

Well your rumor is wrong, they do love this kid and they are hoping the jets don't take him
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RunDmc23 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
This woud be absolutely freaking retarded. Rumor has it Buffalo doesn't even want Nassib.

Well your rumor is wrong, they do love this kid and they are hoping the jets don't take him

Oh, are you from Western NY too? You must know much more than me to know I'm wrong. Do you work for the Bills or know anyone who does?
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Oh, are you from Western NY too? You must know much more than me to know I'm wrong. Do you work for the Bills or know anyone who does?

You have been so fiesty the past few days lol
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

You have been so fiesty the past few days lol

Sometimes I get tired of being passive.
CrapTakula

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, if we want to trade down, I feel like the situation that would put us in the best position would be if OTs went in the first 2 picks. There's 3 elite OTs in this draft and so many teams need one. How great would it be to be at #3 and have everyone calling us to get that last tackle?

Also, does anyone have a draft value chart handy? Seems like trading down from 3 to 7 or 11 should net us more than a 2nd but I don't remember.

Bolansho Boro Begoz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: