Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets officially trade CB Darrelle Revis to the Buccaneers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
tweets about Revis are a bunch of garbage.
Yeah, that's just lip service. No way in hell they actually wanted to keep him. Or they actually would do all of those things.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
Yeah, that's just lip service. No way in hell they actually wanted to keep him. Or they actually would do all of those things.

They did want to keep him, just not on his terms. With no franchise tag, the Jets decided it was best to trade him rather then watch him leave for nothing. It's basically like an NBA trade... Orlando and Denver didn't want to trade their best players, but once it was apparent that they wouldn't be back, they were left with no choice.
teamorange

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:

I mean I'm sure they wanted to keep him but what they wanted to give him and what he wanted were never close.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NY_Jets87 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
rampantjet wrote:
Wasn't Revis' agent the one laughing at someone for signing a contract with very little garunteed money???? I like irony

it was Brick who killed the market for Jets players since now they would try and get everyone to sign deals like that

I honestly can not read your posts anymore. Brick signed a team friendly deal. Imagine if all players werent greedy like Revis.

I dont mind Brick signing that deal it was agents being pissed he signed it and dont read my posts if you dont like what I'm saying, I could care less

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just really reading about this for the first time. 16m for a CB is unrealistic. But it doesn't matter who we take at 13, 9, or even 1, they wont come close to Revis. Not even close.

Im just more pissed at Woody Johnson than anything. Its obvious now we are going into a complete rebuild, yet we keep the coach and a bunch of dead weight such as Tebow on the roster (I dont care about cap implications, there is no chance to compete this year) We have probably a bottom 3 roster in the NFL right now. I just hope that equates to a bottom 3 pick. The WORST thing for this team is to win 7 games next year.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. lets start the movement to get rid of the Revis avis/sigs.
kilahchris

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To This day I hate Mike Tannenbaum for not signing Revis to a longer term deal. He signed him to a band-aid deal with a no restricted free agent clause. The worse thing a GM can do. All we get is a first rounder and some bull crap conditional 4th rounder next year. The deal stinks. The only positive is the amount of money it frees up.
kilahchris

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
Davey wrote:
The market for Revis given all the factors involved was really only the Bucs, and the fact that the Jets had to move him now if they wanted anything gave us very little leverage. If he wasn't coming off an ACL injury and wasn't looking for a mega-extension than there would have been more interest in him and the Jets could have gotten more, but the fact is the Bucs were the only team willing to give up decent compensation, pay Revis the money he was looking for and were willing to take the risk of him coming off the ACL injury.

It's unfortunate but it is what it is.

Well said.

Wouldn't the Jets havehad more cap space at the end of the 2013/2014 season to sign Revis to a longer term deal. Why the desperation now. There would of been more money to bargain a deal with him if the Jets only waited. Especially if Revis lost a step which i suspect is the case.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kilahchris wrote:
skrILL wrote:
Davey wrote:
The market for Revis given all the factors involved was really only the Bucs, and the fact that the Jets had to move him now if they wanted anything gave us very little leverage. If he wasn't coming off an ACL injury and wasn't looking for a mega-extension than there would have been more interest in him and the Jets could have gotten more, but the fact is the Bucs were the only team willing to give up decent compensation, pay Revis the money he was looking for and were willing to take the risk of him coming off the ACL injury.

It's unfortunate but it is what it is.

Well said.

Wouldn't the Jets havehad more cap space at the end of the 2013/2014 season to sign Revis to a longer term deal. Why the desperation now. There would of been more money to bargain a deal with him if the Jets only waited. Especially if Revis lost a step which i suspect is the case.

Lets say for arguments sake that he hasn't lost a step, and is the same guy he was before, or at least close accounting for age. I still would rather have let him walk at the end of this season than pay him 16 million per (probably more if he proved he hadn't lost a step).

That would make us only the second team to pay a CB 16 million a year... the other shining example.... The Oakland Raiders. They are literally the last team I want to have something in common with.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kilahchris wrote:
To This day I hate Mike Tannenbaum for not signing Revis to a longer term deal. He signed him to a band-aid deal with a no restricted free agent clause. The worse thing a GM can do. All we get is a first rounder and some bull crap conditional 4th rounder next year. The deal stinks. The only positive is the amount of money it frees up.

Also never waive the ability to use the franchise tag on a player ever. It's come to haunt us two times now.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats. Was hoping Tampa would give you a 3rd this year, and 1st in 2014. My dream of Warmack/Cooper being there at #18 just became more difficult.
NJerseypaint

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good move considering everything. I do believe Tampa was reluctant to give up the 1st considering they were giving up a top-15 pick along with 16 million for a questionable corner, even if that player is Revis. That's definitely putting a good amount of eggs into one basket, so I think the new GM got us a good deal. Now its time to see how he makes use of it all.

Just sucks to see DR go, but I'll still wear his jersey and he will still be my favorite NFL player.
famousj

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need a new SIG. Who does Jets SIGs? I am thinking having a SIG f Quinton Coples and Muhammed Wilkerson. Revis is a has been. Never liked him anyway. LOL.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

famousj wrote:
I need a new SIG. Who does Jets SIGs? I am thinking having a SIG f Quinton Coples and Muhammed Wilkerson. Revis is a has been. Never liked him anyway. LOL.

Ha, I was kinda thinking of having someone make a Mo-Coples sig too.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just added a new piece of jets merchandise to my collection a green and white paper bag to wear.

I'm embarrassed to be a jet fan.

I have 3 friends with season ticket that called the jets today to cancel. They tried telling him Idzik and woody are working on making the team better.

One of my friends laughed and said see that is it, Woody is the problem. He told them keep his # and call him the day woody sells the team.

You guys keep fighting the good fight and pretend this is going to work.

Good organizations do not constantly go thru this much transition and never ever do they trade away a once in a generation talent. Other teams that have success find a way and when they get long in the tooth they let them walk. This team has been cursed since SB III, why you ask becasue Namath sold his soul to the devil for that win....

Leon Hess for all his flaws loved the jets. He may not have made the best decisions but he wanted to win so bad he would over pay to get guys.

Never thought I would say it but I wish he never sold the team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: